The Devils Advocate

I was listening to Pat Kirwan, And it is tough not to respect his opinion. If any of you dont have sirius, you shouldn't even be allowed to comment on this board. He has us taking Ryan on his mock. He says, even if we reach for him and take him at 3 and we think he is a deal at say 9 or 10 We are still getting the same guy who we may never get this close to again. If this guy goes to BAL and becomes Matt Hasslebeck, we are going to really be upset.

I started thinking about it and I just want a good player at QB. I'd like woodson preferably, but I have to respect the opinion of people who know better than me. (BTW... Woodson isnt getting out of the 2nd round)

Seeing as how we can get almost any player in the draft we want... is it better to just take him and move on?

This is just my opinion, but I think TD will watch the QB's in the first round.  If Matt Ryan goes early, I think he'll trade back into the first if he has someone that is sticking out to him.  If Ryan starts falling, I think he'll sit on the 2nd's and take who falls to us.

I listen to Sirius and I make it a point to listen to PK's show.  I have heard him say repeatedly that he thinks we should draft Dorsey/Long/Ellis in the first and then draft our QB in the second round.

While, PK initially thought we should draft Ryan, he has changed his tune.   

bgarcia28 (4/8/2008)
 I listen to Sirius and I make it a point to listen to PK's show.  I have heard him say repeatedly that he thinks we should draft Dorsey/Long/Ellis in the first and then draft our QB in the second round.

While, PK initially thought we should draft Ryan, he has changed his tune.   

I have heard PK say that he now thinks we will go with Dorsey, Long or Ellis now but people hear what they want to hear.  This guy just wants us to draft a QB and it looks as if he has "Gone on Record" to say that he thinks it may be Woodson.  Whereas, I don't think Woodson is a good pick at all.  Unless we draft him in the 6th round or something.

I want Woodson with pick 48. Really Why does everyone hate woodson and love henne and flacco, I just dont get it.

Tell me one good reason, besides the ignorant comparisn to leftwich, why Henne/Flacco are any better than woodson.

Woodson with pick 48 would be a steal!

Im also going on record that Woodson will be a good QB in the NFL. He's way better than Henne and Flacco in my opinion! Just look at the stats, and the film

goosedaddy70 (4/8/2008)
bgarcia28 (4/8/2008)
I listen to Sirius and I make it a point to listen to PK's show. I have heard him say repeatedly that he thinks we should draft Dorsey/Long/Ellis in the first and then draft our QB in the second round.

While, PK initially thought we should draftRyan, he has changed his tune.

I have heard PK say that he now thinks we will go with Dorsey, Long or Ellis now but people hear what they want to hear. This guy just wants us to draft a QB and it looks as if he has "Gone on Record" to say that he thinks it may be Woodson. Whereas, I don't think Woodson is a good pick at all. Unless we draft him in the 6th round or something.

Duuuugh... is there anyone who doesnt want a QB in the draft? I heard PK say this and was asking for your opinions. Another point is that people are saying he is worth 12-20 range. I dont know if we shouldnt just take him and move the **** on. (If he is that much better than the others)

The H.N.I.C. 2! (4/8/2008)
I want Woodson with pick 48. Really Why does everyone hate woodson and love henne and flacco, I just dont get it.

Tell me one good reason, besides the ignorant comparisn to leftwich, why Henne/Flacco are any better than woodson.

Woodson with pick 48 would be a steal!

Im also going on record that Woodson will be a good QB in the NFL. He's way better than Henne and Flacco in my opinion! Just look at the stats, and the film

The main problem is his throwing motion because of that hitch it slows down his overall quickness.  That alone wouldn't be a huge problem but because of that his accuracy can be erratic at times, along with his timing on certain routes.  (I will say his overall accuracy is great but there are a few passes that just look horrible)

I do think he has a good overall physical toolset but for me his success in the league will depend a lot on how much he is willing to work with his coach on just simply speeding up his delivery.  I think in the hands of a good coach he will become a very good starting NFL QB.  I wouldn't mind using our top third on him if he is their but I might question taking him with the 48th pick.

ATL4ever (4/10/2008)
Matthew Pritts (4/8/2008)
As long as we don't take Woodson or Johnson I'll be happy.

Or O'Connell for that matter.

You'd be happy with Flacco and his enormous upside?

Not really, Flacco has the highest bust potential of any of the prospects.

I want either Brohm or Henne.

BTW, still thinking the Dawgs lose 3 or 4 games this year? If so, why? And if you still think that way, I challenge you to a sig bet that they lose 2 games max, but probably 1.( I do think they'll lose 1 to either Bama or Auburn)

Matthew Pritts (4/10/2008)
No answer yet,eh?

I guess you were just throwing it out as flame bait and didn't believe a word of it. But I'm still gonna hold you to it and we'll revisit your prediction in December.

ATL4ever: "Georgia will lose 3 or 4 games this year." :laugh:

Matthew, we have a UGA.....errr College Sports Forum.

We already get enough excessive bits of UGA homerism in TATF.

Scott24Falcons (4/10/2008)
Matthew Pritts (4/10/2008)
No answer yet,eh?

I guess you were just throwing it out as flame bait and didn't believe a word of it. But I'm still gonna hold you to it and we'll revisit your prediction in December.

ATL4ever: "Georgia will lose 3 or 4 games this year." :laugh:

Matthew, we have a UGA.....errr College Sports Forum.

We already get enough excessive bits of UGA homerism in TATF.

I understand and agree, but he made that silly prediction in TATF two days ago and when I called him on it, he ran and hid and hasn't been seen on here till just now.

If he wants to make such a prediction, that's fine, but don't run like a  ##### when you're called on it.

I take it we won't see him for a couple more days now.