can we all agree on this about vick...

da snowman

Most of us that were fans of vick would love to see him back, but honestly, these threads are getting out of hand about the what if this and the what if that..those types of threads will never end cauze there are a handful of haters and a handful of huggers who will keep it going and arguing over and over again without any solution in sight...so i say unto my fellow fans, until the state trial comes, and we get the results, NO MORE VICK THREADS... that way, if he gets more time, there is no reason for huggers to keep sayin he will be back, and if he doesnt get more time, then huggers and haters can clash again, but until then NO MORE....agreed????

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

birdweiserrr (4/8/2008)
The state trial doesn't mean much considering he is currently suspended indefinitely by the NFL and is unlikely to ever be reinstated. Illegal gambling and dog fighting is a PR nightmare I don't think the NFL wants to endure.

I think it would be easier for the NFL to deal with the illegal gambling part rather than the dog fighting thing.

Dog fighting touches on a nerve that I have never seen before.

birdweiserrr (4/8/2008)
The state trial doesn't mean much considering he is currently suspended indefinitely by the NFL and is unlikely to ever be reinstated. Illegal gambling and dog fighting is a PR nightmare I don't think the NFL wants to endure.

if pacman gets reinstated after all of his run ins with the law, i know vick can..yea yea i know pacman hasnt been in as deep as vick, but pacman is a real trouble maker and stays in trouble..vick isnt like that, and i think he has learned his lesson.

da snowman (4/8/2008)
birdweiserrr (4/8/2008)

if pacman gets reinstated after all of his run ins with the law, i know vick can..yea yea i know pacman hasnt been in as deep as vick, but pacman is a real trouble maker and stays in trouble..vick isnt like that, and i think he has learned his lesson.

Not even a close comparison. People that don't even watch football know all about Vick killing and fighting dogs. Those same people don't have a clue who "Pacman" is unless you're talking about the video game.

birdweiserrr (4/8/2008)
da snowman (4/8/2008)
birdweiserrr (4/8/2008)

Not even a close comparison. People that don't even watch football know all about Vick killing and fighting dogs. Those same people don't have a clue who "Pacman" is unless you're talking about the video game.

but its not because of a football standpoint..vick is probably the most recognizable star in the world. pacman isnt..most football fans wouldnt even know pacman if they seen him for the first time. everyone knows who vick is.

"if pacman gets reinstated after all of his run ins with the law, i know vick can..yea yea i know pacman hasnt been in as deep as vick, but pacman is a real trouble maker and stays in trouble..vick isnt like that, and i think he has learned his lesson. "

LOL you dont want people to start Vick threads yet you post this? This is the prototypical post that causes the threads to go 20 pages.

The only thing that people around here need to admit to themselves, huggers and haters alike, is that regardless of what they thought/think of Vick the player/person, there isn't one person on this MB, or in the entire Falcon nation, that wasn't on the edge of their seat every time he took a snap for us. I've never thought he was going to amount to much as a passer, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I saw every  snap  he took, both in person and on TV, and I came away feeling like I got my money's worth, win or lose. Heck, I still have three of his jerseys hanging in my closet.

Despite everything, there is way too much holier than thou going on around here when it comes to Vick. I get even more tired of the people who act like they weren't mezmerized by his abilities than I do of the people who defend him no matter what for all the wrong reasons...

The_ ATL (4/8/2008)
da snowman (4/8/2008)
The_ ATL (4/8/2008)
Isnt this a Vick thread? Good job guy.

you again...always have to find something unnessary to say about a thread..

No, I just find it ironic that you ask for no more then make it into one. :w00t:

just shut up...u need to get the person who wrote they are here to partake in mature conversations and have them conversate on your behalf..

"just shut up...u need to get the person who wrote they are here to partake in mature conversations and have them conversate on your behalf.. "

Really man? You make no sense and cannot take ANY criticism. I mearly point out that you did the same thing you asked others not to do. Then you have to ask your 12 year old son for a putdown remark? Sad my friend, just sad.

thanat0s (4/8/2008)
The only thing that people around here need to admit to themselves, huggers and haters alike, is that regardless of what they thought/think of Vick the player/person, there isn't one person on this MB, or in the entire Falcon nation, that wasn't on the edge of their seat every time he took a snap for us. I've never thought he was going to amount to much as a passer, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I saw every snap he took, both in person and on TV, and I came away feeling like I got my money's worth, win or lose. Heck, I still have three of his jerseys hanging in my closet.

Despite everything, there is way too much holier than thou going on around here when it comes to Vick. I get even more tired of the people who act like they weren't mezmerized by his abilities than I do of the people who defend him no matter what for all the wrong reasons...

I'd rather have a complete QB than one that puts me on the edge of my seat for many right and wrong reasons. I was on the edge of my seat watching Crumpler jumping up and down on the field with no one within 20 yards of him while Vick is back there running around in circles.

birdweiserrr (4/8/2008)
thanat0s (4/8/2008)
The only thing that people around here need to admit to themselves, huggers and haters alike, is that regardless of what they thought/think of Vick the player/person, there isn't one person on this MB, or in the entire Falcon nation, that wasn't on the edge of their seat every time he took a snap for us. I've never thought he was going to amount to much as a passer, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I saw every snap he took, both in person and on TV, and I came away feeling like I got my money's worth, win or lose. Heck, I still have three of his jerseys hanging in my closet.

I'd rather have a complete QB than one that puts me on the edge of my seat for many right and wrong reasons. I was on the edge of my seat watching Crumpler jumping up and down on the field with no one within 20 yards of him while Vick is back there running around in circles.

why was a 6 year QB considered uncomplete??its not like he didnt achieve anything because he did, and we all know he did. so why is his play on the field getting downplayed? you have to take in consideration all 11 guys on offense, not just 1.

If Vick wants to play football, that's fine, said John Goodwin, who oversees animal-fighting issues for the Humane Society of the United States. The organization called for Vick's incarceration when it learned he had pleaded guilty to dogfighting.

"We'd much rather see a convicted dog-fighter playing in a prison yard than in front of tens of thousands of fans," he said.

So if Vick gets a chance to play in the NFL again... expect the Humane Society of the United States as well as PETA to have something to say about it...

Again.... it's a PR nightmare for any team to endure... and here's the thing.  Vick is not going to be the same superstar and have the same amount of pull he used to.

I can't see many teams putting up with that for a guy that might be a back-up... 

da snowman (4/8/2008)
Most of us that were fans of vick would love to see him back, but honestly, these threads are getting out of hand about the what if this and the what if that..those types of threads will never end cauze there are a handful of haters and a handful of huggers who will keep it going and arguing over and over again without any solution in sight...so i say unto my fellow fans, until the state trial comes, and we get the results, NO MORE VICK THREADS... that way, if he gets more time, there is no reason for huggers to keep sayin he will be back, and if he doesnt get more time, then huggers and haters can clash again, but until then NO MORE....agreed????

Congrats! You just created the last 'M. Vick post' until his trail :D

thanat0s (4/8/2008)
The only thing that people around here need to admit to themselves, huggers and haters alike, is that regardless of what they thought/think of Vick the player/person, there isn't one person on this MB, or in the entire Falcon nation, that wasn't on the edge of their seat every time he took a snap for us. I've never thought he was going to amount to much as a passer, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I saw every  snap  he took, both in person and on TV, and I came away feeling like I got my money's worth, win or lose. Heck, I still have three of his jerseys hanging in my closet.

Dude, you are on point today.  I can't deny that one way or another.  People do need to stop being so holy as well.

Sun Tzu 7 (4/8/2008)

If Vick wants to play football, that's fine, said John Goodwin, who oversees animal-fighting issues for the Humane Society of the United States. The organization called for Vick's incarceration when it learned he had pleaded guilty to dogfighting.

"We'd much rather see a convicted dog-fighter playing in a prison yard than in front of tens of thousands of fans," he said.

So if Vick gets a chance to play in the NFL again... expect the Humane Society of the United States as well as PETA to have something to say about it...

Again.... it's a PR nightmare for any team to endure... and here's the thing.  Vick is not going to be the same superstar and have the same amount of pull he used to.

I can't see many teams putting up with that for a guy that might be a back-up... 

At some point Arthur Blank is either going to have to be an owner/businessman or succumb to the pressures of public sentiment.  The later will ensure that the Falcons remain the NFL laughingstock. 

rollow lawson (4/8/2008)
Sun Tzu 7 (4/8/2008)

At some point Arthur Blank is either going to have to be an owner/businessman or succumb to the pressures of public sentiment.  The later will ensure that the Falcons remain the NFL laughingstock. 

what will make blank the laughing stock of the nfl? winning cures all, and yes i mean everything. blank knows that vick brought money to his pocket. vick is a lotto ticket waiting to be claimed again.

da snowman (4/8/2008)
birdweiserrr (4/8/2008)

ROFL...LMFAO!!!! Ok....yeah, Vick isn't a trouble maker. He doesn't spread herpres under an assumed name and he does try to sneak drugs through airport security and he didn't know dog fights and illegal bets were going on at his house...he is a straight laced dude, and not a thug.

can you sense the sarcasm?