OK, since there has been a lot of college football discussion on the board lately try this...

nolebone

I'm a Garnet and Gold Seminole from FSU until I die.  Fans should all be loyal and byass to just about the point of ridiculousness, or esle they sound uneducated and just plain stupid.  Same basic arguments will always go around.  You got lucky, the ref blew a critical call or we were on your home field.  The reality is that no team in any conference hardly ever makes it all the way without some luck or a call that goes their way or a no-call or whatever.  Every team gets their breaks.  Unless you're Ole Miss.

All that being said the things that I can't stand to hear other teams fans talk about to the point of absolute ridiculousness has to be...

UGA and walker.  I mean get over it man.  Yes, he was flat out awsesome, one of the best of all time but after 20+ years, if you don't have anything new to mouth off about, you sound silly.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

da snowman (4/8/2008)
im sick of these dawgs fans saying stafford will be a #1 pick next year...hes nothing but a david greene protege..TECH ALL THE WAY!!!fact still remains, no dawg player in the last 10 years has been drafted in the top 5 like my boy calvin johnson..

Things is I didn't mind the dawgs that much when I was in Tally.  When I got up here and had to listen to talk radio, things changed real fast.

Yea, I seem to see them being ******** when they project their players, who did nothing in college, into NFL probowler.  Hear that all the time too.

I'm a bird and I dont' see shockely doing it but I wanted DUNN, fsu guy, gone years ago.

Nolebone, you hit right on the head. Fans need to be loyal to their schools, but some go to the extreme. I love the Noles, but when it comes to the Falcons draft, I just want the best players for the Falcons no matter what school they come from. Hate the Gators with a passion, but If the best player for our team is a Gator, then I am 100% behind it. 

Well, it does thoroughly ##### me off that the Falcons have a NFL factory in state, and refuse to take a Bulldog in the first day. I dont get it at all.

But these cats who want to talk about taking about a player 2 to 3 drafts from now.... Get a freaking grip on reality. We dont have a good shot at drafting 90% of the cats you want from THIS draft. Much less a guy 2 drafts from now. It's just stupid.

I'm sick of how everyone says the SEC aint ****. The SEC is one of the top conferences in college football. The reason there isnt more National Champs out of the SEC is cause its hard to have a unbeaten or one loss(sometimes 2 loss) team from the SEC to play for the title. The SEC aint a cake league like the Pac 10 or ACC or the Big 10. SEC is REAL football!!!

da snowman (4/8/2008)
im sick of these dawgs fans saying stafford will be a #1 pick next year...hes nothing but a david greene protege..TECH ALL THE WAY!!!
You being a Tech fan is all I need to know. :laugh:

YOu have no room to talk about QB's. Reggie Ball? Taylor Bennett? LMAO! And yet you talk trash about Stafford? Typical Bug fan, delusional.

John Speigner (4/8/2008)
I'm sick of how everyone says the SEC aint ****. The SEC is one of the top conferences in college football. The reason there isnt more National Champs out of the SEC is cause its hard to have a unbeaten or one loss(sometimes 2 loss) team from the SEC to play for the title. The SEC aint a cake league like the Pac 10 or ACC or the Big 10. SEC is REAL football!!!

Is your last sentence a joke?  Once FSU and Miami come out of there slup from the past couple of years the ACC will be just as tuff.  Once that happens either this year or next it will be Clemson, FSU, Miami, VT, and possibly Wake if they keep coming on like they have the past two years.   

John Speigner (4/8/2008)

I don't think anyone said the SEC wasn't a tough conference, but to use that as an excuse to why you haven't won more NCs is just stupid. If you are the best team, then it should't matter who you play. If you get beat 2 times, then you are not the best team.:P

mcride (4/8/2008)
John Speigner (4/8/2008)

I don't think anyone said the SEC wasn't a tough conference, but to use that as an excuse to why you haven't won more NCs is just stupid. If you are the best team, then it should't matter who you play. If you get beat 2 times, then you are not the best team.:P

The reason more SEC teams haven't won more NC's is b/c the conference is so tough to begin with.

matt_jennifer (4/8/2008)
John Speigner (4/8/2008)

Is your last sentence a joke?  Once FSU and Miami come out of there slup from the past couple of years the ACC will be just as tuff.  Once that happens either this year or next it will be Clemson, FSU, Miami, VT, and possibly Wake if they keep coming on like they have the past two years.   

Key words being 'once FSU and Miami come out of their slump'... The ACC is a cupcake conference for football right now.

Matthew Pritts (4/8/2008)
mcride (4/8/2008)
John Speigner (4/8/2008)

The reason more SEC teams haven't won more NC's is b/c the conference is so tough to begin with.

Some of you UGA fans make me laugh. We play in the hardest conference, and all the other teams that aren't in the SEC suck. Blah Blah Blah. There's no crying in Football.:P

OK, this one is for all you UGA fans.  You should get down on your knees, like when you play UF, and kiss our garnet and gold butt.  You came to one of the elite programs in the nation and picked up one heck of a coach.  The FSU/Bowden way works...doesn't it.

Just so I don't sound like too much of a homer.  If I was going to start a program and I had to pick a head coach from any school, I would definitly have Urban "The Cryer" Meyer and Mark "get off your dang gum cell phone for the 3 weeks you're preparing the Noles to play in a national title game" Richt.  Young, firey, winners that are going to have great careers by the time it's over. 

NoS oUtLaW (4/8/2008)
Trust me I love the SEC. But seriously Auburn went undeafted, Florida, and LSU both went to and won the national championship. It's possible you just must be elite. And Georgia while being excellent... is not elite.
They are about as close to elite as you can get.

And they'll get their NC w/in 2 years.

nolebone (4/8/2008)
OK, this one is for all you UGA fans.  You should get down on your knees, like when you play UF, and kiss our garnet and gold butt.  You came to one of the elite programs in the nation and picked up one heck of a coach.  The FSU/Bowden way works...doesn't it.

Just so I don't sound like too much of a homer.  If I was going to start a program and I had to pick a head coach from any school, I would definitly have Urban "The Cryer" Meyer and Mark "get off your dang gum cell phone for the 3 weeks you're preparing the Noles to play in a national title game" Richt.  Young, firey, winners that are going to have great careers by the time it's over. 

Personally I think Oscar Weiner is a little bit overrated.

As long as he has a duel threat qb, his system is tough.  You put a percy harvin back there and it's really tough.  They flat out kicked our butts.  Actually, it wouldn't have been that bad if we didn't turn into worthless piles of steaming cow dung in the red zone.  We have to get that fixed.

nolebone (4/8/2008)
As long as he has a duel threat qb, his system is tough.  You put a percy harvin back there and it's really tough.  They flat out kicked our butts.  Actually, it wouldn't have been that bad if we didn't turn into worthless piles of steaming cow dung in the red zone.  We have to get that fixed.

As long as Bowden is ya'lls coach, you will never get that fixed. He had his run. now let him go. Same with Paterno PSU fans...let them go!

IHateThe Cowboys! (4/8/2008)
nolebone (4/8/2008)

As long as Bowden is ya'lls coach, you will never get that fixed. He had his run. now let him go. Same with Paterno PSU fans...let them go!

YOu can never fire those two. They have earned the right to walk off into the sunset whenever they please, though I do agree they've both stuck around too long. But they have earned it.