Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jp7833

Josh Johnson

99 posts in this topic

Yeah go back and read what you wrote.  You said Johnson division 2 and App.State and Deleware are 1AA.  And that is not right. I am just quoting you.

IHateThe Cowboys! (4/8/2008)
da snowman (4/8/2008)
IHateThe Cowboys! (4/8/2008)
da snowman (4/8/2008)
cocktailcove (4/8/2008)
da snowman (4/8/2008)
Matthew Pritts (4/8/2008)
If TD drafts Johnson, let alone on the 1st day, he deserves to be fired on the spot.

You don't draft projects on the first day.

well matt ryan definatly shouldnt be drafted..

And why is that??.....other than he is white?:alien:

um no..because he is a project thats why..people want to label johnson as a project just because of the school he went to, matt ryan is a project also..sure he faced much tougher defenses, but he also had 17 suspect interceptions..

Wasn't it 19 ints? Either way, Ryan is a better QB, but again, if we can get Johnson in the 3rd round...forget Ryan!

Oh and Da Snowman, Question...would you rather have Vick or Peyton?

ummmmmm, thats a tough one..ummmm lets see...ummmmmm ill take vick for 1000 alex..DING DING DING....

So you would take Michael Vick over Peyton manning?

WOW...

not sure what else to say to you. I knew the answer, but I am still shocked to hear it.

WOW.

its not what you think tho..ill take matt schaub over manning, or maybe harrington, or even leftwich..ill take any falcons player over another teams QB..im not a fan of peyton manning. hes good, but i love my falcons.

matt_jennifer (4/8/2008)
Yeah go back and read what you wrote.  You said Johnson division 2 and App.State and Deleware are 1AA.  And that is not right. I am just quoting you.

I agree on the Division II part I was wrong, but they are all I-AA which is a much better level of competition than D-II.

formul8or (4/8/2008)
matt_jennifer (4/8/2008)

I agree on the Division II part I was wrong, but they are all I-AA which is a much better level of competition than D-II.

That is all that I wanted.  Plus people forget that he still payed to go to school and play football.  Name one D1 player that would give up a scholorship like he did to stay at home play your true position? 

falconfansince66 (4/8/2008)

You all should stop all of your arguing about the QBs in THIS draft and join the train stating "We don't need to draft a stinkin' QB this year!".  We need to build half a Defense and build an Offensive Line.  Why waste a pick on another backup QB?  "Build The Lines TD!!!"

Um, have you looked at next year's QB class?

It just might be the worst class of the last 15 years. It's that bad. So to answer your question, you're wrong. We need to draft a QB this year. YOu can do that and build your O-line around him in the same draft.

aveboogie2 (4/8/2008)
ForceFan27 (4/8/2008)
rollow lawson (4/8/2008)
He's a project moreso b/c of the level of competition he played against in 1-AA.

The competition jump from that to the NFL is astronomical.

It's funny how Flacco is never labeled as a project.  Didn't he play 1-AA competition too?

I consider Flacco a project too from that standpoint. But he has much better physical tools and a higher ceiling then Johnson.

Much better physical tools?

Flacco's taller and has a stronger arm. Johnson's quicker and faster. I don't think the physical advantages are that much, if at all, in favor of Flacco.

Not to mention Johnson's the better passer with better pocket presence and the more experienced player.

Johnson's worst season is better than Brohm or Henne's best season.

Johnson averaged more rushing yards per game this season than Flacco, Henne and Brohm have total rushing yards combined for their careers.

He's thrown far more TD's, has a higher completion % and have a greater yds/att than Flacco, Henne and Brohm as well.

I think this is the point which you guys will use the strength of competition argument to your favor?

My mind is made up on Johnson.

No!

It's easy to do what he did when he played as weak of competition as he did.

aveboogie2 (4/8/2008)
ForceFan27 (4/8/2008)
rollow lawson (4/8/2008)
He's a project moreso b/c of the level of competition he played against in 1-AA.

It's funny how Flacco is never labeled as a project.  Didn't he play 1-AA competition too?

I consider Flacco a project too from that standpoint. But he has much better physical tools and a higher ceiling then Johnson.

Flacco's taller and has a stronger arm. Johnson's quicker and faster. I don't think the physical advantages are that much, if at all, in favor of Flacco.

Not to mention Johnson's the better passer with better pocket presence and the more experienced player.

Johnson averaged more rushing yards per game this season than Flacco, Henne and Brohm have total rushing yards combined for their careers.

He's thrown far more TD's, has a higher completion % and have a greater yds/att than Flacco, Henne and Brohm as well.

I think this is the point which you guys will use the strength of competition argument to your favor?

No!

oh really..well take yo a** to a d-1 school and play QB and lets see if you can match what he did on the field..are you that much of a hater, or just a matt ryan lover??

aveboogie2 (4/8/2008)
ForceFan27 (4/8/2008)
rollow lawson (4/8/2008)

No!

Okay, Now we know that statement is BS. Why not tell everyone that you really don't want another black QB on this team. At least we will know where you truely stand.

me4falcons (4/8/2008)
aveboogie2 (4/8/2008)
ForceFan27 (4/8/2008)
rollow lawson (4/8/2008)

No!

Okay, Now we know that statement is BS. Why not tell everyone that you really don't want another black QB on this team. At least we will know where you truely stand.

I'm the furthest thing from a racist you'll ever find.

DOn't ever try to play the race-card w/me again.

You all should stop all of your arguing about the QBs in THIS draft and join the train stating "We don't need to draft a stinkin' QB this year!".  We need to build half a Defense and build an Offensive Line.  Why waste a pick on another backup QB?  "Build The Lines TD!!!"

It just might be the worst class of the last 15 years. It's that bad. So to answer your question, you're wrong. We need to draft a QB this year. YOu can do that and build your O-line around him in the same draft.

Yeah, the QB's in next year's draft downright stink too and we shouldn't try to draft one then either.  Plan: We wait two years on a QB after we build everything else up.  Then we target a Free Agent in 2010 and maybe also draft a QB to learn if that particular draft looks good.  Maybe by that time we'll be able to afford to waste a pick on a QB.

me4falcons (4/8/2008)
aveboogie2 (4/8/2008)
ForceFan27 (4/8/2008)
rollow lawson (4/8/2008)

No!

I did NOT call you a racist but, you clearly don't perfer QB's with DARK SKIN.

Josh Johnson is a good 3rd round pickup because he is a wild card. which is the same reason you wouldn't pick him up before then. He is athletic enough to deserve a third pick but he is to unpredictable to spend a 2 on him. but i got no problems with a 3 on him as long as its the first QB we are taking.

me4falcons (4/8/2008)
aveboogie2 (4/8/2008)
ForceFan27 (4/8/2008)
rollow lawson (4/8/2008)

No!

Yeah, I bet some of your best friends are black. ROFLMAO!!

Yeah, the QB's in next year's draft downright stink too and we shouldn't try to draft one then either.  Plan: We wait two years on a QB after we build everything else up.  Then we target a Free Agent in 2010 and maybe also draft a QB to learn if that particular draft looks good.  Maybe by that time we'll be able to afford to waste a pick on a QB.

No offense, but that's a totally asinine strategy.

You never wait on a QB if you need a QB, unless you wanna continue to have 4 or 5 win seasons.

YOu don't win unless you have a franchise QB. W/your plan, the Falcons won't start winning consistently until 2012, b/c the QB we draft in 2010 will sit a year, come in in 2011, and start winning consistently in 2012.

Do you really want that?

Stupid, stupid idea.

me4falcons (4/8/2008)
me4falcons (4/8/2008)
aveboogie2 (4/8/2008)
ForceFan27 (4/8/2008)
rollow lawson (4/8/2008)

No!

I did NOT call you a racist but, you clearly don't perfer QB's with DARK SKIN.

DOn't ever talk to me again unless you can talk to me like a normal human being instead of making accusations.

aveboogie2 (4/8/2008)
ForceFan27 (4/8/2008)
rollow lawson (4/8/2008)

No!

Both Henne and Brohm played much weaker competition than Woodson or Booty.

Good grief, don't be so ignorant. If it is so easy, then why didn't all QBs put up the same numbers as JJ did? The numbers he put up were insane. It doesn't matter who he played, 43:1 says that he is, at the very least, worth a look.

Furthermore, like somebody else mentioned, it's not like he was on a team of all-stars. The level of talent on his team was about the same as the level of talent of his competition. He dominated, that's all there is to it. As you would say, you fail.

You never wait on a QB if you need a QB, unless you wanna continue to have 4 or 5 win seasons.

YOu don't win unless you have a franchise QB. W/your plan, the Falcons won't start winning consistently until 2012, b/c the QB we draft in 2010 will sit a year, come in in 2011, and start winning consistently in 2012.

Do you really want that?

Stupid, stupid idea.

It's obvious that you don't believe we can get two more years of service with the QBs we have now and that's quite alright for you to believe that. As for winning 'consistently in 2012', yeah, that's much better than the previous 40-something years this franchise has been in existance as we've yet to have back-to-back winning seasons so I for one would be willing to wait to 2012 if I knew 2013, 2014 and 2015 were going to be winning seasons as well. 

Do you really want that?

Stupid, stupid idea.

It's obvious that you don't believe we can get two more years of service with the QBs we have now and that's quite alright for you to believe that. As for winning 'consistently in 2012', yeah, that's much better than the previous 40-something years this franchise has been in existance as we've yet to have back-to-back winning seasons so I for one would be willing to wait to 2012 if I knew 2013, 2014 and 2015 were going to be winning seasons as well. 

If you really believe Redman is the answer, then I'm not talking to you on this board anymore.It's already apperent that you have no idea what you're talking about if you're wanting to wait 2 yrs. to address the most important position on the field and continue to lose.

Keep hanging on to that losing mentality, though.

YOu Atlanta fans will learn that you can't win consistently w/o a franchise QB. Look at Indy, PIT, Phi, NE and even SD.

rollow lawson (4/8/2008)
me4falcons (4/8/2008)
aveboogie2 (4/8/2008)
ForceFan27 (4/8/2008)
rollow lawson (4/8/2008)

No!

This thread has just gotten plain stupid. What the heck is wrong with some of you?

walrus falcon (4/8/2008)

Good grief, don't be so ignorant. If it is so easy, then why didn't all QBs put up the same numbers as JJ did? The numbers he put up were insane. It doesn't matter who he played, 43:1 says that he is, at the very least, worth a look.

Furthermore, like somebody else mentioned, it's not like he was on a team of all-stars. The level of talent on his team was about the same as the level of talent of his competition. He dominated, that's all there is to it. As you would say, you fail.

Nope Idon't.

My mind is made up on JOhnson. He's a project at best and MIGHT be ready in 3 or 4 years.

We need someone who is ready to start right away if neccessary.

ForceFan27 (4/8/2008)
rollow lawson (4/8/2008)
me4falcons (4/8/2008)
aveboogie2 (4/8/2008)
ForceFan27 (4/8/2008)
rollow lawson (4/8/2008)

No!

This thread has just gotten plain stupid. What the heck is wrong with some of you?

Agreed....I'm out and moving on. Everyone wants to throw out the race card...it is a beating.

Matthew Pritts (4/8/2008)We need someone who is ready to start right away if neccessary.

Good luck finding a starter in this draft (and next year's draft).  And you thought I was the stupid one....:hehe:

Matthew Pritts (4/8/2008)We need someone who is ready to start right away if neccessary.

Good luck finding a starter in this draft (and next year's draft).  And you thought I was the stupid one....:hehe:

The last thing I'm saying to you is that this is an underrated QB draft w/2 franchise guys in HEnne and Brohm, and possibly 3 if Flacco works out.

IT's been misevaluated by the pundits b/c of their overrating of Ryan.

Now I'm done w/this thread.

Jp7833 (4/8/2008)
More and more I see more people jumping on the JJ band wagon. I wanted to know why people see that he is so great or think that he is going to be great. I've watched his highlights, they are impressive but you have to think he is throwing against kids who wouldnt have made it onto most of our high school teams. Anyways, I would really appreciate if people could give me ground evidence of why they think JJ is one of the best prospects at QB in the draft. Dont just say "He is the future!" thats not a real answer.

Talent, tenacity and leadership are some things that many see in Josh Johnson. He may resemble Vick, but he has shown accuracy, mobility and was coached by a former NFL QB for three years.

I believe Johnson can handle NFL pressure moreso than the other popular, mainstream, college QBs such as Ryan, Henne, Brohm and others.

Johnson has the ability to manage a game, adjust to pressure and be able to keep his teammates believing they can win. I don't believe Matt Ryan, Brohm or Flacco are multi-dimensional in the same way Johnson is.

There are no guarantees, but if the Falcons want to get a QB who can help this team in the short-term with long term possibilities, Josh Johnson isn't a bad choice.