qb our biggest need?

twyntefour

where do these writers and anyalists get that our biggest need is a qb? we dont even have a starting LT or RT if you say shift weiner to left. we have no starting or healthy DT. our starting weakside LB shared time last year and looked very bad (stephen nicholas) and we lost a starting Corner in a trade. if you look at last season we didnt lose because of terrible qb play. joey put up decent numbers and we lost the early games in the season by terrible kicking by matt prater. im not saying joey or chris should be the long term answer but they do buy us enough time to not blow our 3rd overall pick on a questionable qb when there are other players we actually do need sitting there for us to take. this draft is full of starting quality qb's. and while they might not be "elite", with the offense that mike mularkey wants to run brohm henne flacco or woodson would all be fine.

I think someone hit the nail on the head in another thread.  Maybe we draft TWO QB's and give them low-paying, short term contracts with a long term decent contract awarded to the QB that can win the starting role within two seasons!  This maneuver could effect big money signings at first and make the 'newbs' earn a position before they start getting paid 'the big bucks'.  Of course you have to burn that extra draft pick to get this implemented but it could be a cost effective way of acquiring a decent QB that earns his job instead of the job being given to him.

id be ok with taking two qb's as long as they both didnt come in the top 4 rounds. if we take henne brohm flacco or woodson in the top 4 rounds the only other qb i would want to take later would be josh johnson but considering we have other capable qb's on the roster i think its a wasted pick esp for a team who is rebuilding.

on the other hand it could turn out to be like what happened with schaub, we could end up striking gold and have a player worth two seconds and only spent a third or something, interesting idea but not sure at this point we are able to pull the trigger on two qb's.

joey showed he could handle the offense, imo he played better than redman.

Oh I agree.

We have a SERIOUS problem at LT because we don't have one.

We're slightly better at the DT position because we have more bodies...  but not a lot of quality.

If we take a QB it's not like we're not going to get more production from a rookie vs the guys that are already on the roster.

Sun Tzu 7 (4/8/2008)
Oh I agree.

We have a SERIOUS problem at LT because we don't have one.

We're slightly better at the DT position because we have more bodies...  but not a lot of quality.

If we take a QB it's not like we're not going to get more production from a rookie vs the guys that are already on the roster.

I definitely agree with that. Personally, I think we should address this year's draft with all guns pointing to the trenches.  Draft the LT we need along with a couple of dynamic DTs, maybe an additional DE for depth, and fill some holes on Defense.  I would like to see us stand on the QBs we have for now.  Redman (and maybe even Harrington) could shine behind a good O-line and we might could have a "problem" of having two QBs showcasing the talent in which they were drafted for in the first place!

People love to pound on Harrington or anyone else

who has not put it together yet. It makes it easy

for them to feel better about what they have done.

So Harrington came from Miami and they were 1-14

or so this year without him. He moved the ball for

us and with a better line and runners and more

confident receiving corp he or Redman should be

pretty good. If TD sees the ultimate answer in the

draft he should go for him. I don't have anybody

identified yet that looks as good as either one of

our qb's. I still remember Harrington in college and

he was better than these guys then and still is.

I definitely agree with that. Personally, I think we should address this year's draft with all guns pointing to the trenches.  Draft the LT we need along with a couple of dynamic DTs, maybe an additional DE for depth, and fill some holes on Defense.  I would like to see us stand on the QBs we have for now.  Redman (and maybe even Harrington) could shine behind a good O-line and we might could have a "problem" of having two QBs showcasing the talent in which they were drafted for in the first place!

I wouldn't mind getting a QB but not at the top of the draft.  Who knows?  We might get lucky?  We found Schaub in the third round... 

After what the Browns did last season you would think taking care of the O-line before the QB would be a no-brainer.... and it's not like the Browns have had a lot of experience doing this... oh wait they do... Can you say Tim Couch?

THis thread is a prime example of why Atlanta has the most ignorant fans in the country.

YOu never put off getting a franchise QB if you need one. QB is the most important position on the field and to put it off ar look for a QB in the later rounds is playing w/fire.

And yes, aside from the lines, QB is our most pressing positon.

Matthew Pritts (4/8/2008)
THis thread is a prime example of why Atlanta has the most ignorant fans in the country.

YOu never put off getting a franchise QB if you need one. QB is the most important position on the field and to put it off ar look for a QB in the later rounds is playing w/fire.

And yes, aside from the lines, QB is our most pressing positon.

you are the prime example of an idiot, you even state that the lines are more pressing than qb, and yes if you have a chance to draft peyton manning you do it. matt ryan is not petyon tho, his last name isnt even manning so come one now. matt ryan is good im taking nothing from him but he makes vvvverrrryyyy poor decisions and turns the ball over ALOT. thats the last thing we need. qb is the onfield director of the offense and not all offenses NEED a franchise qb to function. look at jacksonville. we will be very similar to them, a power run game than pounds the ball down your throat to open up play action pass. we will not be asking a qb to come out and throw 30-40 times a game.

ps a qb is only as good as the line he is behind. if we take matt ryan first we have no starter at at a Tackle position and no starter at DT so teams can run all over us and put pressure on our rookie qb who has a history of very bad decisions... sounds like a disaster to me... but i guess im just some ignorant atlanta fan who has no clue what im talking about.