Max Starks ?

atljbo

I called my inside source and we was talking about the falcons.... I said man we have to improve our Lines and on both sides of the ball... so he was like yall will when you guys will improve yall DT position in the draft with no problem but its your O-line that i would be worried about ... Then he said something that i liked and also makes alot of sense..... He siad

If you guys new GM had the balls to get Max Starks.. he would be smart but he will also have to spend some money and a 3rd round pick..... I said they are not trading him for a third round pick.... then he sent me this

Transitional Free Agents (TFA)

A transition player designation gives the club a first refusal right to match an offer sheet given to the player by another club. To designate a transition player, the club must offer a minimum of the average of the top 10 salaries of the previous year at the player's position, or a 20 percent salary increase, whichever is greater. If the player does not get an offer, then he must play for the transition offer. If the player gets an offer, then his previous team has seven days to match the offer or lose the player. If they do not match the offer, the previous team gets no compensation.

He said that his Steelers source said that they are dangleing Max Starks out there for for a 3rd round pick or a possible trade up piece

Then he said the steelers are not big on starks but they transition tagged him because of there lack of depth..... they have no intention on resigning him after this year

The Problem

He said will Max Starks be the falcons Starting LT (?) because Starks will demand a 7 year $42 million contract(6 mil a year) ...you will also have to think about he had to have surgery to repair a torn meniscus

my peoples said a Max Starks trade to another team may go down on draft day...

So is 6'8 337lbs Max Starks worth a 3rd round pick and that big of a contract?

Max Starks interview on 790(this interview was in February)

http://www.790thezone.com/vdDynamic/AudioB...udioBit4423.mp3

i also read an article 2 days ago that featured max starks and he said he does not feel like he is in the steelers future (when i find it again ill post it)

At the beginning of the offseason, Max Starks was one of the guys I was hoping our FO would go after.  But after speaking with two of my friends, who are passionate Steeler fans, I quickly changed my mind.  Both said as bad as their line was this year, Starks couldn't hold down a starting spot.  He's definitely got what it takes physically, but not worth the money. 

Farmer (4/8/2008)
At the beginning of the offseason, Max Starks was one of the guys I was hoping our FO would go after. But after speaking with two of my friends, who are passionate Steeler fans, I quickly changed my mind. Both said as bad as their line was this year, Starks couldn't hold down a starting spot. He's definitely got what it takes physically, but not worth the money.

I some what agree.... I would be scared to give him that kind of money and he is not the Franchise LT im paying him to be.......

The part i disagree about is the judgeing him because there line wasnt good last year..... The games that i saw Starks play in.... he played really good..... Injurys hit there O-Line so i dont want to blame that on him....Look at how Tyson Clabo shined when he got a chance

The money thing is a big risk tho