josh johnson puts on some weight!

JT

With the draft right around the corner i have recently found out that johnson has put on some weight and we all have been saying he needs to get bigger so here's what he said:

"I came in today at 213, the heaviest I ve ever been, I weighed in at 200 in Houston and I know size is a big key, but I feel like still weigh the same, so that s a good thing, because I ve put on good weight." - San Diego quarterback Josh Johnson on his size

213 may not be alot but **** its enough to play QB position i think so anyhow, im glad to see him gaining some size before the draft hopefully he keeps on gaining a little more weight maybe 5 to 10 pounds i hope we take a chance on this guy and draft him in the 3rd round.

JT (4/7/2008)
With the draft right around the corner i have recently found out that johnson has put on some weight and we all have been saying he needs to get bigger so here's what he said:

"I came in today at 213, the heaviest I ve ever been, I weighed in at 200 in Houston and I know size is a big key, but I feel like still weigh the same, so that s a good thing, because I ve put on good weight." - San Diego quarterback Josh Johnson on his size

213 may not be alot but **** its enough to play QB position i think so anyhow, im glad to see him gaining some size before the draft hopefully he keeps on gaining a little more weight maybe 5 to 10 pounds i hope we take a chance on this guy and draft him in the 3rd round.

yep...I'd love to pick up JJ in rd 3

/dirtybird (4/7/2008)
USCfalcons23 (4/7/2008)
the teams who land Josh will be a very lucky franchise

HA! We will see. We will see. I've seen too many bust Qbs right out of college.

If he is picked in the third round, what will make him a bust?  Come with something better.  These hate excuses are getting worst by the minute.

/dirtybird\ (4/7/2008)
USCfalcons23 (4/7/2008)
the teams who land Josh will be a very lucky franchise

HA! We will see. We will see. I've seen too many bust Qbs right out of college.

Trent Edwards has replaced Losman in Buffalo after riding the pine for just a handful of games. He was a 3rd rounder. But the important thing is that a 3rd round bust isn't near as big as a top 3 bust. If we loose a 3rd rounder it won't hinder the team for years to come. If it's a top 3 pick that busts (a la our 2nd string QB) then it will cost this team way too much money and it will be hard to get rid of him (look at how much San Fran likes Alex Smith).

And I'm really happy that Johnson put on some weight, he could be a **** of a steal.

I saw him play last fall when I was looking at USD for grad school. He threw four or five TD's and over 400 yards. Great game to watch. He had a few runs, none of them all that memorable, but it always seemed like he was going through his progressions then running. I would love to see him taken in the third, but I wouldn't be upset if we took a QB earlier. He did play against some pretty awful competition, but he looked like a men amongst boys. I think he will be a solid NFL QB if given two years to learn and get used to playing at NFL game speed.

brvslugger10 (4/7/2008)
Be honest here. Do some of you guys want him b/c he is a mobile QB that kinda reminds you of Vick? Not saying he is a run first type, but just a guy that is mobile enough to evade sacks and run around when the play breaks down.

Of course who wants a QB who cant evade sacks and improvise when the play shuts down

monster (4/8/2008)
brvslugger10 (4/7/2008)
Be honest here. Do some of you guys want him b/c he is a mobile QB that kinda reminds you of Vick? Not saying he is a run first type, but just a guy that is mobile enough to evade sacks and run around when the play breaks down.

Of course who wants a QB who cant evade sacks and improvise when the play shuts down

Why can't we have a pocket passer like Joey Harrington, who collapses like a folding chair in the pocket? He stays in a pocket like a man and takes that sack!

Of course I'd like a guy who has good pocket awareness (Redman does) who can get out of some sacks (Redman does too). He isn't going to rush for any TD's, but I do like a QB who can. Redman will be a great stop gap before we get our franchise QB.

monster (4/8/2008)
brvslugger10 (4/7/2008)

my point exactly my man my point exactly