Falcons | Dixon works out for team, J. Charles to visit with team

Falcons | Charles to visit with team

Mon, 7 Apr 2008 16:59:17 -0700

Updating a previous report, J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports University of Texas RB Jamaal Charles is scheduled to visit with the Atlanta Falcons April 8 and April 9.

Falcons | Dixon works out for team

Mon, 7 Apr 2008 09:48:45 -0700

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports University of Oregon QB Dennis Dixon (knee) worked out for the Atlanta Falcons Thursday, April 3. Dixon only participated in passing drills and looked good throwing the football.

im glad dennis dixon is working out for them again hopefully he impresses them and we draft him. We need to schedule workouts for josh johnson and andre woodson too. I hope we draft one of these 3 in the draft. honestly we'll be better off without ryan, brohm, flacco, henne, etc.

matt_jennifer (4/7/2008)
Charles would not be that bad, but Dixon has knee issues that no one knows if he is going to be "gun shy".  He wasn't even hit when he blew his knee out.

unless you are a source close yo dixon, you dont know if he has knee issues or not..he said himself he would be 100% in may so obviously he doesnt have knee issue. i hate when u people classify someone as being injury prone because of one freakin injury. man up!!!!

Atleast Dixon with a 159 QB rating, he is in the Top 50 , ****, he I think he was 5th!

Plus, he could play for the Braves one day!

They drafted him and he hasnt even play since High School!

Since they nuked the McFadden deal,

i pray,

we get a RB like Charles!

Even though , he couldnt hold McFadden Jock strap!

JT (4/7/2008)
im glad dennis dixon is working out for them again hopefully he impresses them and we draft him. We need to schedule workouts for josh johnson and andre woodson too. I hope we draft one of these 3 in the draft. honestly we'll be better off without ryan, brohm, flacco, henne, etc.

What does entire first 3 names have in common, and what does the last group of 4 have in common? I just want the best QB possible while filling other needs, some people though still have that "agenda".

Just for the record though, I think Josh Johnson might be the best for us considering where we may be able to get him and all the other holes we have.

da snowman (4/7/2008)

unless you are a source close yo dixon, you dont know if he has knee issues or not..he said himself he would be 100% in may so obviously he doesnt have knee issue. i hate when u people classify someone as being injury prone because of one freakin injury. man up!!!!

agreed, haters forget Brian Brohm has had this same injury + a few others.

http://www.dennisdixon10.com/rehab_video/feb_27/feb_27.html

good video showing where he was as of Feb 27th..

He looked very good today throwing the football..

USCfalcons23 (4/7/2008)
da snowman (4/7/2008)

agreed, haters forget Brian Brohm has had this same injury + a few others.

http://www.dennisdixon10.com/rehab_video/feb_27/feb_27.html

good video showing where he was as of Feb 27th..

He looked very good today throwing the football..

I'm glad to hear that he's recovering nicely. The guy suffered his injury at THE WORST possible time as far as his draft status is concerned. Dixon was right there with the top QB prospects before his injury. I just hope that he can return to form. If he does, any team that picks him up in the later rounds will be getting a steal of epic proportions.

da snowman (4/7/2008)
matt_jennifer (4/7/2008)
Charles would not be that bad, but Dixon has knee issues that no one knows if he is going to be "gun shy".  He wasn't even hit when he blew his knee out.

We are not talking about twisting an ankle.  This is reconstructive knee surgery.  It would be atleast 2010 befpre we would see him at 100 % and even then what is 100% when you have not seen the field in over 2 years.  Ask anyone trainer and they will tell you that it takes atleast 1 year after surgery to be back to your old self again.  I am not talking about being close to him I am talking about what actually happens(i.e McNabb, Culpepper, Palmer).  How much common sense does it take to realize that if he says he is not 100% then more than 2/3 of the teams are going to take him of their board; in return that is going to take millions out of his bank account.  What would you tell a team that was looking into drafting you yeah man my knee is only 60%?