2a.Sam Baker (OT) USC

2b.Curtis Lofton (MLB) Oklahoma

2c.Andre Woodson (QB) Kentucky

3.Red Bryant (DT) Texas A&M 

4.Chevis Jackson (CB) LSU

5.Mike McGlynn (OG) Pittsburg

6.Kendall Langford (DE) Hampton

7.Who Cares?? 

Draft Overview: Starting DT,LT,MLB, and Qb of the Future. Red Bryant would rotate with Lewis,babs, and the rest of DT's  to stay fresh, He or Lewis would comptete to start at nose tackle. Chevis Jackson is a good Cover 2 CB prospect, he'd probably be our dime corner this year.Mike McGlynn is a versatile Lineman who can play both Guard and Tackle, And Kendall Langford is the type of DE Smith used in Jax to stop the run. Langford has also met with TD and smith during the combine, so they are looking at him

****, I really didnt research this mock, i guess langford and Jackson have risen up draft boards since last time I checked.

And MP, Your right on Cue, I dont understand how u can hate on woodson so much, and love Chad Henne.

Look at the stats, Henne had a horrible season with better talent, before the senior bowl, everyone hated henne, all of a sudden he's the 2nd ranked QB..lol

Henne's Stats and terrible play this season is more of a concern than woodson's release in my opinion.

Woodson had a great year, He lead his team over the Champs LSU, and had good stats in the SEC. The whole Leftwich- woodson comparisn is asinine.

Mechanics can be worked on, But henne's problem this season wasnt his mechanics, he just straight up sucked...Not sure if u can fix that!

I like you MP, Im just giving you my opinon, no offense intended

The H.N.I.C. 2! (4/7/2008)

Look at the stats, Henne had a horrible season with better talent, before the senior bowl, everyone hated henne, all of a sudden he's the 2nd ranked QB..lol

Yeah, I remember that, back when Brohm and Woodson were projected top 10 picks and ranked above Ryan, and Flacco was still projected in the 4th. Someone would bring up Henne, and get completely owned on how bad he was. Now, not much between any of the QBs has changed other than the senior bowl, and peoples rankings are: Ryan, Henne, Brohm, Flacco, Woodson. Ridiculous.

Matthew Pritts (4/7/2008)
I stopped at Woodson and his longated, slow-##### delivery.

one of these days im going to put my head through a wall after reading one of your posts... one of these days...

personally i like the woodson selection. ive said it 2 billion times but i guess another summary wont hurt. i feel that with the progress he has made to improve his throwing motion he warrants a pick in the #48-#68 range. i believe hed be a good value in the 3rd round, and would love to pick him there if he lasted that long and we hadnt added our QB yet. i dont know how likely that is, but i wouldnt mind it if it played out that way, i prefer getting woodson in that range to getting flacco earlier in the 2nd by a long shot.

if anyone wants to discuss hennes flaws, im ready and waiting. ive been trying to get a good discussion going on this for about a day now. no one seems to want to talk about his negatives, and they are there. some of them, very ironically, are similar to some of andre' woodsons flaws, which makes me laugh every time pritts beats up on woodson and praises henne. apparently im the only one, but thats good enough for me.

DrDetecto (4/7/2008)

Yeah, I remember that, back when Brohm and Woodson were projected top 10 picks and ranked above Ryan, and Flacco was still projected in the 4th. Someone would bring up Henne, and get completely owned on how bad he was. Now, not much between any of the QBs has changed other than the senior bowl, and peoples rankings are: Ryan, Henne, Brohm, Flacco, Woodson. Ridiculous.

ho ho not me. but im sure you know that.

i guess id go:

-Brohm

-Woodson

-Henne

-Ryan

-Flacco

that looks pretty good to me. then id probably have josh johnson 6th.

****, I really didnt research this mock, i guess langford and Jackson have risen up draft boards since last time I checked.

And MP, Your right on Cue, I dont understand how u can hate on woodson so much, and love Chad Henne.

Henne's Stats and terrible play this season is more of a concern than woodson's release in my opinion.

Woodson had a great year, He lead his team over the Champs LSU, and had good stats in the SEC. The whole Leftwich- woodson comparisn is asinine.

Mechanics can be worked on, But henne's problem this season wasnt his mechanics, he just straight up sucked...Not sure if u can fix that!

I like you MP, Im just giving you my opinon, no offense intended

Henne didn't suck, nor has he ever sucked in his career. The stats bear that out. He was incredibly consistent. And don't give me the "he never improved" crap, b/c it's hard to improve when you're running a conservative, Lloyd Carr offense. He had 24 TD's his first year, I think that is about as good as you're gonna get in that offense(though it is a pro-style) w/Lloyd Carr running it. It was very conservative from the passing standpoint. THe fact he had 22 TD's both of his next 2 years in that offense speaks volumes to his ability.Yes,  he was out 2 games this past season and thus his #'s suffered somewhat, but I'm not holding that against him b/c those are the only 2 games in his career that he missed.

And just b/c you have goodstats in the SEC doesn't mean you're gonna be an all-pro. If that was the case, then Tim Couch and Wuerffel would of been all pros b/c they had great stats in the SEC as well.

And if Woodson has been throwing like that since he was young, it's hard to change your mechanics(throwing motion) and still be effective.

Also, WOodson got his audibles from the sideline. That's a big red-flag to me. THat means you don't know how to read defenses. Henne called his own audibles and knows how to read defenses. He played under center, Woodson played out of the gun mostly.

Henne is a much better prospect then Woodson. Nobody will ever be able to sell me on him, either.

Mr. Offseason (4/7/2008)
DrDetecto (4/7/2008)

ho ho not me. but im sure you know that.

i guess id go:

-Brohm

-Woodson

-Henne

-Ryan

-Flacco

that looks pretty good to me. then id probably have josh johnson 6th.

I'd Rank them like this:

Brohm/Ryan

Woodson

Henne

Flacco

I like brohm more than ryan, but thiers no denying he's a good QB. As far as skill goes id take Ryan before woodson/Henne or flacco. But value wise, I really want Woodson who i think could develop into our own David Garrard

Henne didn't suck, nor has he ever sucked in his career. The stats bear that out. He was incredibly consistent. And don't give me the "he never improved" crap, b/c it's hard to improve when you're running a conservative, Lloyd Carr offense. He had 24 TD's his first year, I think that is about as good as you're gonna get in that offense(though it is a pro-style) w/Lloyd Carr running it. It was very conservative from the passing standpoint. THe fact he had 22 TD's both of his next 2 years in that offense speaks volumes to his ability.Yes,  he was out 2 games this past season and thus his #'s suffered somewhat, but I'm not holding that against him b/c those are the only 2 games in his career that he missed.

And just b/c you have goodstats in the SEC doesn't mean you're gonna be an all-pro. If that was the case, then Tim Couch and Wuerffel would of been all pros b/c they had great stats in the SEC as well.

And if Woodson has been throwing like that since he was young, it's hard to change your mechanics(throwing motion) and still be effective.

Also, WOodson got his audibles from the sideline. That's a big red-flag to me. THat means you don't know how to read defenses. Henne called his own audibles and knows how to read defenses. He played under center, Woodson played out of the gun mostly.

Henne is a much better prospect then Woodson. Nobody will ever be able to sell me on him, either.

------------------------------------------

that is wrong, the bolded portion is legitimately incorrect. henne is streaky and has been his entire career, yet you are trying to pass him off as consistent? that is laughable. if you have watched him a lot you would know that he can be very good one minute and very bad the next. he is absolutely NOT consistent. you clearly got that idea from staring at a stat sheet and not watching him play.

henne may have called his own audibles, but a lot of people question his ability to call the right ones. he might call his own audibles, but that does not indicate that he is great at reading defenses. he is good at reading defenses, but still holds onto the ball way too long and doesnt have great timing on some of his routes. that doesnt indicate a great ability to read defenses. it does indicate that he is good at reading defenses. but he turns the ball over a lot and has a good number of sacks taken (89), which shows that he has work to do in that area. its not unusual, so i dont understand why you are making such a big deal about it.

woodson has a lot of sacks taken (118 i believe) which also indicates that he needs to improve his ability to read defenses as well. but he is less prone to turnovers, and doesnt make as many bad decisions as henne does. they both need to learn to force the ball less however. so, both need to work on reading defenses to improve different parts of their game. henne to turn the ball over less, and woodson to take less sacks. yet they both share that flaw.

im not trying to sell you on woodson, im just trying to have a discussion about the two players. they share some of the same negatives, but you seem very reluctant to admit/discuss any of that.