Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the evil emperor

The Falcons senior player of development has visited Vick several times in prison

123 posts in this topic

In effort to recover money from him while the case is still pending you mean? There are no set "guidelines" for that.

NOW why the **** won't you answer MY question?

If this "revelation" is so big, wouldn't it be easy to answer my question?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In an effort to recover money from him that they more than likely will not get, they're going out there to do what?  Make nice with him? (laugh) "Strong arm" him into signing some papers????? A la Suge Knight and Vanila Ice????? (laugh)

Do you think Bill Martin would allow a Falcons' official to visit without some representation from his firm?

I thought I did answer your question.  The Falcons working out who ever has little relevance to Michael returning if everything falls right, to me anyway.

bart (4/7/2008)
The answer is pretty simple. The Falcons still have a huge investment in Vick. The best case senario is for Vick to come out of prison apparently rehabilitated so that we can get the best value in a trade for him. Anything management can do to help Vick get his head back on straight (including visits and positive statements as to his future) will only be a benefit to the franchise in the long run (such as trade value etc). It's just smart business. And I seriously doubt we'll ever see Vick in Atlanta again.

So, are you saying that he probably won't be cut after June 1st? 

Lets just hope he does not go to a team the Falcons have to play twice a year.  Then again, lets hope he does.  At least those two games will broadcast in the Atlanta Metro area! (laugh)

duce (4/7/2008)
In effort to recover money from him while the case is still pending you mean? There are no set "guidelines" for that.

In an effort to recover money from him that they more than likely will not get, they're going out there to do what? Make nice with him? (laugh) "Strong arm" him into signing some papers????? A la Suge Knight and Vanila Ice????? (laugh)

Do you think Bill Martin would allow a Falcons' official to visit without some representation from his firm?

I thought I did answer your question. The Falcons working out who ever has little relevance to Michael returning if everything falls right, to me anyway.

Huh, so you think they'll draft a Qb, prep him for 2-3 years and brush him off IF Vick were to come back? If they go mid to high in drafting a Qb this draft, it will be the nail in the coffin of the "is Vick coming back" issue. Until then, you can delude yourself into thinking blank has been lying to the media about his intentions for Mike.:doze:

You guys are grasping at tiny straws. You just can't accept it. He's gone(from the Falcons at least).

duce (4/7/2008)
bart (4/7/2008)
The answer is pretty simple. The Falcons still have a huge investment in Vick. The best case senario is for Vick to come out of prison apparently rehabilitated so that we can get the best value in a trade for him. Anything management can do to help Vick get his head back on straight (including visits and positive statements as to his future) will only be a benefit to the franchise in the long run (such as trade value etc). It's just smart business. And I seriously doubt we'll ever see Vick in Atlanta again.

Lets just hope he does not go to a team the Falcons have to play twice a year. Then again, lets hope he does. At least those two games will broadcast in the Atlanta Metro area! (laugh)

I was hesitant in labeling you until now. I made the mistake of debating with another dreaming Vick fan.:pinch:

Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)
duce (4/7/2008)

In an effort to recover money from him that they more than likely will not get, they're going out there to do what? Make nice with him? (laugh) "Strong arm" him into signing some papers????? A la Suge Knight and Vanila Ice????? (laugh)

I thought I did answer your question. The Falcons working out who ever has little relevance to Michael returning if everything falls right, to me anyway.

Huh, so you think they'll draft a Qb, prep him for 2-3 years and brush him off IF Vick were to come back? If they go mid to high in drafting a Qb this draft, it will be the nail in the coffin of the "is Vick coming back" issue. Until then, you can delude yourself into thinking blank has been lying to the media about his intentions for Mike.:doze:

You guys are grasping at tiny straws. You just can't accept it. He's gone(from the Falcons at least).

How many teams out there have drafted a QB, only to turn around and draft someone else later in that draft or sign someone via free agency?

How many teams have drafted someone high and given up on them after 2, 3 years?

Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)
duce (4/7/2008)
bart (4/7/2008)

Lets just hope he does not go to a team the Falcons have to play twice a year. Then again, lets hope he does. At least those two games will broadcast in the Atlanta Metro area! (laugh)

I was hesitant in labeling you until now. I made the mistake of debating with another dreaming Vick fan.:pinch:

So, if I don't agree with your way of thinking, I get a label?  I thought I could intelligently debate with you. 

duce (4/7/2008)
Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)
duce (4/7/2008)

How many teams out there have drafted a QB, only to turn around and draft someone else later in that draft or sign someone via free agency?

How many teams have waited around for a few years for an incarcerated Qb? Then Narrow that search down to teams who did so that had stated prior that they were moving on.

Good luck.......

duce (4/7/2008)
Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)
duce (4/7/2008)
bart (4/7/2008)

So, if I don't agree with your way of thinking, I get a label? I thought I could intelligently debate with you.

There's no intelligence in you when you insult this team's fan with your comments. You act as if the Falcons will never win without him. I fart in your general direction.:cool:

If the Falcons draft a QB this year, what would be the harm of Vick coming in as a backup for a year or two.  It certainly would increase his future trade value and would give the Falcons a potentially potent backup while the new guy learns the NFL.

I guess I understand the whole Vick will never play in Atlanta again thing, but if Arthur gives the impression of being openminded on the subject, and he is the leader and $$$$ provider, then it certainly seems reasonable to speculate that even if the Falcons do draft for a franchise QB, the prospect of Vick playing as a Falcon QB again is likely as probable as it is improbable.

If Vick enters training camp and shows he is 75% of the player he was, are you guys saying that even at 30 yrs old that he couldnt be a viable backup.  Cleveland drafted their franchise QB last year, until they signed another franchise QB this year.  The NFL changes in milliseconds.  I would NEVER say NEVER.

Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)
duce (4/7/2008)
Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)
duce (4/7/2008)

How many teams have waited around for a few years for an incarcerated Qb? Then Narrow that search down to teams who did so that had stated prior that they were moving on.

Good luck.......

I seriously doubt that Blank or the new GM is going to come out and say that those are their intentions.  I'm sure they are hoping that they get lucky with whoever it is they draft, but just in case things don't pan out, it wouldn't hurt to have a guy that would sell out your dome, create a buzz, and probably still be your best athlete (even after 2 years away)

And before you say something about negative PR.  American not only loves to build people up/tear them down, but they also love a good "comeback" story.  If the pieces fall the right way, Blank would be a fool not to capitalize on this.

duce (4/7/2008)

I seriously doubt that Blank or the new GM is going to come out and say that those are their intentions. I'm sure they are hoping that they get lucky with whoever it is they draft, but just in case things don't pan out, it wouldn't hurt to have a guy that would sell out your dome, create a buzz, and probably still be your best athlete (even after 2 years away)

And before you say something about negative PR. American not only loves to build people up/tear them down, but they also love a good "comeback" story. If the pieces fall the right way, Blank would be a fool not to capitalize on this.

Here's some more smelling salts. You can argue that Vick sold out the dome in the past. That is debatable. but you are ignorant if you think he can come back and just fall in where he left off. Just because you see the same 10 or so trolls on this board posting pro-Vick nonsense, it doesn't mean that there will be thousands in the Atlanta area.

That's all this team needs, more circus.:rolleyes:

Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)
duce (4/7/2008)
Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)
duce (4/7/2008)
bart (4/7/2008)

So, if I don't agree with your way of thinking, I get a label? I thought I could intelligently debate with you.

There's no intelligence in you when you insult this team's fan with your comments. You act as if the Falcons will never win without him. I fart in your general direction.:cool:

Oh puhleeaazzeeee . . . calm down! (laugh) I think the Falcons are headed in the right direction, I just think they should hold on to Vick, provided things work out in his favor and explore what they can do with him.  Suppose the new QB does work out?  How 'bout putting Michael out wide?  The possibilities are endless.

duce (4/7/2008)

Oh puhleeaazzeeee . . . calm down! (laugh) I think the Falcons are headed in the right direction, I just think they should hold on to Vick, provided things work out in his favor and explore what they can do with him. Suppose the new QB does work out? How 'bout putting Michael out wide? The possibilities are endless.

A 6'0 wideout with no experience at the position? This isn't Madden.

Do you even have some kind of link suggesting that Vick has offered to change position in his "return"?

Wideouts have to block at times ya know. Can he run routes? Can he catch? Would he be able to take a hit across the middle without ending up in another wheelchair? Possibilities are endless eh? According to WHAT!!!!?

The decision made on Vick coming back to the Falcons if he is reinstated by the league will most likely be made by TD. So that means Vick most likely won't be coming back.

Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)
duce (4/7/2008)

I seriously doubt that Blank or the new GM is going to come out and say that those are their intentions. I'm sure they are hoping that they get lucky with whoever it is they draft, but just in case things don't pan out, it wouldn't hurt to have a guy that would sell out your dome, create a buzz, and probably still be your best athlete (even after 2 years away)

And before you say something about negative PR. American not only loves to build people up/tear them down, but they also love a good "comeback" story. If the pieces fall the right way, Blank would be a fool not to capitalize on this.

Here's some more smelling salts. You can argue that Vick sold out the dome in the past. That is debatable. but you are ignorant if you think he can come back and just fall in where he left off. Just because you see the same 10 or so trolls on this board posting pro-Vick nonsense, it doesn't mean that there will be thousands in the Atlanta area.

That's all this team needs, more circus.:rolleyes:

What is there to debate about him selling out the dome or not?  While he was here, every game was on TV, many national televised games, this year?  Not so much . . .

I think people are generally forgiving . . . all if forgotten when you win.  People had no issue fogiving Ray Lewis and he kept the police from finding the killer(s) of two humans!  Even if he lost a few tenths of second off of his 40 time, he'd still be faster than most.  The flip side of this is that while he's away, he won't be taking the constant pounding/hits, so his body would get a chance to heal and recuperate . . . he'd be fresh . . .

A 6'0 wideout with no experience at the position? This isn't Madden.

Do you even have some kind of link suggesting that Vick has offered to change position in his "return"?

Wideouts have to block at times ya know. Can he run routes? Can he catch? Would he be able to take a hit across the middle without ending up in another wheelchair? Possibilities are endless eh? According to WHAT!!!!?

If given the opportunity to return to the Falcons upon his release and reinstatement to the league provided everything goes his way, we don't know what he would agree to.

This man is an incredible athlete.  Would you at least give him that?  Jeez, you act as if we're talking about Payton Manning or Kurt Warner.  I doubt Michael cannot catch a pass.

Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)
I give up on this one. We are going in circles. It's like the thriller dance. but with *******.

I feel exactly the same way . . . (smile) I guess we shall see . . .

yippiefan (4/7/2008)
I would imagine that the visists fullfil the teams obligation to see after Vicks well being since he is still on the roster.  He's in the players union to which all NFL Franchises are subservient when it comes to player development.  Maybe now they're just trying to monitor Vicks personal development and evaluate whether he's growing as a person or a recidivist (a repeat offender who thinks he's now smart enough not to get caught the next time).

Hammer. Nail. Head. Done.

I think that's the first best answer.  But I'm w/Statick and some others.  Would welcome him back on the team as just about anything but QB.  Not because I wasn't all for him when he was our starting QB.  I'm just done w/that experiment.  Time to move on.  He's an awesome FB player, and a very good QB.  We may end up facing him on some other team.  But if he has any value to this team at all, as a player, as trade fodder, whatever, there is absolutely no harm in Blank doing the right thing.  Which I think he has been doing his best to do since all of the BS that was 2008 went down. 

The funny thing is someone moved this thread into Around The NFL.

For anyone that thinks Vick will ever play for the Falcons again, you really should seek professional help.

ghoticov (4/7/2008)
the evil emperor (4/7/2008)
ghoticov (4/7/2008)
the evil emperor (4/7/2008)
"According to the report, Blank also said that Kevin Winston, the Falcons' senior director of player development, has visited Vick several times in prison. "

Why would Kevin Winston waste his time visiting Vick in prison if Vick were never coming back to the Falcons ?

Hmmm... ???

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/f.../vick_0408.html

LOL

It's killing you, isn't it?

Mr. ghoticov, would care to try to answer the question ?

Mr. Evil Emperor, what question?

Well lets try this again.

The AJC reported that "According to the report, Blank also said that Kevin Winston, the Falcons' senior director of player development, has visited Vick several times in prison. "

So my question is :

Why would Kevin Winston waste his time visiting Vick in prison if Vick were never coming back to the Falcons ?

The best answer I've gotten is from swiftkick who said that Winston was delivering Blanks mail to Vick 3 times.

ghoticov (4/7/2008)
duce (4/7/2008)
Mojo -

Even still, a Falcons offficial does not have to, nor need to visit him.  And from what I understand, it is highly unlikely that judge's ruling is going to be overturned.  Just tell me why someone from high up in the organization would need to visit him . . . that's all I'm asking . . .

I can't believe that some of you are not intelligent enough to realize there could be MANY reason that he would visit Vick. One simple one is that maybe he is friends with Vick outside of football.

It's not that difficult to understand.

GOOD !!! We have an answer, please disregard my previous post.

So you think that Vick used to invite Winston over to his house to hang out at his "crib" ?

And then Winston, at his own expense, flew out to Kansas 3 times to visit his friend ?

the evil emperor (4/8/2008)
ghoticov (4/7/2008)
duce (4/7/2008)
Mojo -

Even still, a Falcons offficial does not have to, nor need to visit him.  And from what I understand, it is highly unlikely that judge's ruling is going to be overturned.  Just tell me why someone from high up in the organization would need to visit him . . . that's all I'm asking . . .

I can't believe that some of you are not intelligent enough to realize there could be MANY reason that he would visit Vick. One simple one is that maybe he is friends with Vick outside of football.

It's not that difficult to understand.

GOOD !!! We have an answer, please disregard my previous post.

So you think that Vick used to invite Winston over to his house to hang out at his "crib" ?

And then Winston, at his own expense, flew out to Kansas 3 times to visit his friend ?

First, I never said that Winston used to come over to Vicks house and hang out at his "crib". I have no idea if he did or didn't...and neither do you.

The FACT is, it very well could be the answer. Maybe Winston and Vick were friends off the field and Winston went to see his friend in prison.

I know, it's amazing how simple the answer can be....isn't it? Instead, you want to read as much into it as possible in the hopes that your hero is coming back.

Vick will never play for the Falcons again, you can say....I know you can.