Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the evil emperor

The Falcons senior player of development has visited Vick several times in prison

123 posts in this topic

guys, he can still get up to 10 more years b/c of the state charges. and i don't see how he is going to fight the state charges considering his lie detector test (which may be inadmissible, seems like a fifth amendment violation) and the plea agreement.

Mojo -

Even still, a Falcons offficial does not have to, nor need to visit him.  And from what I understand, it is highly unlikely that judge's ruling is going to be overturned.  Just tell me why someone from high up in the organization would need to visit him . . . that's all I'm asking . . .

scott hartley (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)
gazoo (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)
most likely to see if he can make the move to cornerback when he gets back since he was a awful passer lol

I would think when it came to your QB evaluativeprowess you wouldstifle yourself after proclaimingJoey Harringtons passing skills as great enought tolift this franchise to the playoffs last year.

This coming from said Ed Hartwell is the best run stuffer in the league and better then Ray Lewis

Scott I just owned Gazoo

step back scott shouldnt you be baking brownies

:w00t: nice one. I guess if your gonna make ignorant gay jokes it's good to at least be good at it.

Actually, that was pretty funny...

duce (4/7/2008)
Mojo -

Even still, a Falcons offficial does not have to, nor need to visit him. And from what I understand, it is highly unlikely that judge's ruling is going to be overturned. Just tell me why someone from high up in the organization would need to visit him . .. that's all I'm asking . . .

Who's to say blank didn't send him to see "how he is doing". Ya know, like he has stated. "He seems to be doing well."

Why has no one answered my question?

Why would the team recruit Qb's and say the team is moving on if they intend to bring him back?

The team has shown they want to go younger and better character. If so, why stay shackled to a 30 year old question mark that is in prison and likely to be there even longer after the state trial?

The writing is on the wall, Vick won't play here again.

Once again, no one has an answer?

I guess I'll have to ask it again in the next topic that someone creates about this.:rolleyes:

malk2.0 (4/7/2008)
Who cares?

Right now we have to think that vick is not coming back. The falcons need to move on from him. When hes done of his prison sentence then we will see what happens but until then WHO REALLY CARES.

Well said!

I would imagine that the visists fullfil the teams obligation to see after Vicks well being since he is still on the roster.  He's in the players union to which all NFL Franchises are subservient when it comes to player development.  Maybe now they're just trying to monitor Vicks personal development and evaluate whether he's growing as a person or a recidivist (a repeat offender who thinks he's now smart enough not to get caught the next time).

Sorry, had some errands to run . . . (laugh) didn't mean to leave you hanging . . .

If Blank has been writing letters to him in jail like has been reported, surely, he would know how he is doing without having to send a Falcons official out there to "check on him."  I just find it odd that they would be visiting him.

I think the Falcons looking into drafting a QB has little relevance to Michael possibly coming back or not.  The reason I say that is because Michael doesn't have to be named starting QB if he returns, nor does he have to even play QB . . .

Well I think Kevin Winston was going out there on official business - somebody had to oversee the construction of the new workout gym and the clandestine film room behind the warden's office.

I would imagine that the visists fullfil the teams obligation to see after Vicks well being since he is still on the roster.  He's in the players union to which all NFL Franchises are subservient when it comes to player development.  Maybe now they're just trying to monitor Vicks personal development and evaluate whether he's growing as a person or a recidivist (a repeat offender who thinks he's now smart enough not to get caught the next time).

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Why would the Falcons care?  And before you say, "they at least have to act like they care," my next question would be "to who?"

july425 (4/7/2008)
Well I think Kevin Winston was going out there on official business - somebody had to oversee the construction of the new workout gym and the clandestine film room behind the warden's office.

ROTFL . . . or maybe he was bringing him something to supplement his diet . . . by the way . . . I'm guessing you've read Doug Williams' book.  Is it worth going out to get?

duce (4/7/2008)
Sorry, had some errands to run . . . (laugh) didn't mean to leave you hanging . . .

If Blank has been writing letters to him in jail like has been reported, surely, he would know how he is doing without having to send a Falcons official out there to "check on him." I just find itodd that they would be visiting him.

I think the Falcons looking into drafting a QB has little relevance to Michael possibly coming back or not. The reason I say that is because Michael doesn't have tobe named starting QB if he returns, nor does he have to evenplay QB . . .

There are more things pointing to him NOT returning to the Falcons. Hold onto hope all you want to but some people here need to realize that because you hold faith in him returning, it doesn't mean it's true, likely or something the rest of us should buy into.

Straight from the horses mouth..."the team is moving on". Then, the only shred of hope for the other side is a situation they have to dissect to find hope.

Do what ya want but disappointment is around the corner(most likely of course).

duce (4/7/2008)
I would imagine that the visists fullfil the teams obligation to see after Vicks well being since he is still on the roster. He's in the players union to which all NFL Franchises are subservient when it comes to player development. Maybe now they're just trying to monitor Vicks personal development and evaluate whether he's growing as a person or a recidivist (a repeat offender who thinks he's now smart enough not to get caught the next time).

Why would the Falcons care? And before you say, "they at least have to act like they care," my next question would be "to who?"

HAH, the players union perhaps?

Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)
duce (4/7/2008)
I would imagine that the visists fullfil the teams obligation to see after Vicks well being since he is still on the roster. He's in the players union to which all NFL Franchises are subservient when it comes to player development. Maybe now they're just trying to monitor Vicks personal development and evaluate whether he's growing as a person or a recidivist (a repeat offender who thinks he's now smart enough not to get caught the next time).

Why would the Falcons care? And before you say, "they at least have to act like they care," my next question would be "to who?"

Can you find it written anywhere that a team has to visit, communicate, etc. with a player on its team that is in the penitentiary?  I'm not quite sure what the Falcons' obligation is to Michael at this point.  Can you find that out?

duce (4/7/2008)
Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)
duce (4/7/2008)

Can you find it written anywhere that a team has to visit, communicate, etc. with a player on its team that is in the penitentiary? I'm not quite sure what the Falcons' obligation is to Michael at this point. Can you find that out?

Can you find it written where a team must recruit Qb's and speak of moving on?

duce (4/7/2008)
july425 (4/7/2008)

ROTFL . . . or maybe he was bringing him something to supplement his diet . . . by the way . . . I'm guessing you've read Doug Williams' book.  Is it worth going out to get?

Are you kidding? Supplements? Dont you know they send pre-packaged meals out there on a weekly basis? Oh...and everytime Kevin Winston packs for Kansas - he's got his trusty stop-watch and whistle!

Actually the book is by William Rhoden (he writes for the NY Times too, and sometimes he on SPorts Reporters on ESPN) - its a good book and real easy to read because its mostly the words of all of these quarterbacks and players (past and present...mostly the past of course) - so for most of the book its like a real long conversation.

Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)
duce (4/7/2008)
Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)
duce (4/7/2008)

Can you find it written anywhere that a team has to visit, communicate, etc. with a player on its team that is in the penitentiary? I'm not quite sure what the Falcons' obligation is to Michael at this point. Can you find that out?

Okay . . . I was asking a serious question . . . what is the team's responsibility to Michael while he is still on the roster and in the federal pen?

the evil emperor (4/7/2008)
ghoticov (4/7/2008)
"According to the report, Blank also said that Kevin Winston, the Falcons' senior director of player development, has visited Vick several times in prison. "

Why would Kevin Winston waste his time visiting Vick in prison if Vick were never coming back to the Falcons ?

Hmmm... ???

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/f.../vick_0408.html

LOL

It's killing you, isn't it?

Mr. ghoticov, would care to try to answer the question ?

Mr. Evil Emperor, what question?

july425 (4/7/2008)
duce (4/7/2008)
july425 (4/7/2008)

Are you kidding? Supplements? Dont you know they send pre-packaged meals out there on a weekly basis? Oh...and everytime Kevin Winston packs for Kansas - he's got his trusty stop-watch and whistle!

Actually the book is by William Rhoden (he writes for the NY Times too, and sometimes he on SPorts Reporters on ESPN) - its a good book and real easy to read because its mostly the words of all of these quarterbacks and players (past and present...mostly the past of course) - so for most of the book its like a real long conversation.

Oh, okay.  I'll have to check that out.  It talks about the trials and tribulations of the black QB?

swiftkick (4/7/2008)
da snowman (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)
most likely to see if he can make the move to cornerback when he gets back since he was a awful passer lol

Ok, so now we admit he's coming back. So we're making real progress here.

This supports Blanks refusal to rule out Vicks coming back as well.

The pieces of the jigsaw puzzle are all coming together. :)

I said Vick is coming back but he is NOT COMING BACK FOR THE FALCONS ..I gurantee it.

We will move on once we draft a QB this season

Fair enough, but please answer the original question.

Why would Kevin Winston, the Falcons' senior director of player development visit Vick several times in prison ?

If we were moving on as you say, wouldn't the Falcons be better served to let Vick rot in jail and move on and scout out new players ?

who else would Blank send there to talk to him or give him letters..You think Blank is going to just mail it to him ...What do you think Blank went there to scout the jail team lol.

This is a new front office, new personell, new coaching staff we have moved on from the Vick era..Case in point Alge Crumpler CUT ...

When we draft a QB in the first 2 rounds the Vick era will be over..The only thing keeping him on the roster is his contract ..Its a shame the union allowed this criminal low life to keep it ...

where did it say blank sent someone up thereto dropped off some letters??see this is how stupid rumors and misinformation gets started..why wouldnt he mail them to him..vick hasnt been the only celebrity who has been in jail and im sure they have recieved letters also.

the rumors start where people think player development went to Vick to scout him in his jail game ..lol noone knows why he went there there can be thousands of reasons

No one here said that Kevin Winston, the Falcons' senior director of player development was scouting out Vick's prison team.

Isn't it far more likely that Winston was keeping tabs on Vick to see if he's staying in shape, practicing ?

And why wouldn't Blank just mail him the letter ?

....or MAYBE, Winston went to see Vick because he is a FRIEND? You think that may be possible? Of course not. You will look for whatever reason you can to make you feel like Vick is coming back. It will be a cold day in **** before Vick is a Falcon again. Get used to it and move on.

duce (4/7/2008)
Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)
duce (4/7/2008)
Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)
duce (4/7/2008)

Okay . . . I was asking a serious question . . . what is the team's responsibility to Michael while he is still on the roster and in the federal pen?

In effort to recover money from him while the case is still pending you mean? There are no set "guidelines" for that.

NOW why the **** won't you answer MY question?

If this "revelation" is so big, wouldn't it be easy to answer my question?

The answer is pretty simple. The Falcons still have a huge investment in Vick. The best case senario is for Vick to come out of prison apparently rehabilitated so that we can get the best value in a trade for him. Anything management can do to help Vick get his head back on straight (including visits and positive statements as to his future) will only be a benefit to the franchise in the long run (such as trade value etc). It's just smart business. And I seriously doubt we'll ever see Vick in Atlanta again.

duce (4/7/2008)
Mojo -

Even still, a Falcons offficial does not have to, nor need to visit him.  And from what I understand, it is highly unlikely that judge's ruling is going to be overturned.  Just tell me why someone from high up in the organization would need to visit him . . . that's all I'm asking . . .

I can't believe that some of you are not intelligent enough to realize there could be MANY reason that he would visit Vick. One simple one is that maybe he is friends with Vick outside of football.

It's not that difficult to understand.

bart (4/7/2008)
The answer is pretty simple. The Falcons still have a huge investment in Vick. The best case senario is for Vick to come out of prison apparently rehabilitated so that we can get the best value in a trade for him. Anything management can do to help Vick get his head back on straight (including visits and positive statements as to his future) will only be a benefit to the franchise in the long run (such as trade value etc). It's just smart business. And I seriously doubt we'll ever see Vick in Atlanta again.

Exactly.