Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the evil emperor

The Falcons senior player of development has visited Vick several times in prison

123 posts in this topic

215FalconsFanatic (4/7/2008)
BruceReville (4/7/2008)
Like I asked earlier - What if we have a new system with a successful QB under center if he does come back - what do we do with Vick then? Push out the guy being successful just because Vick is back and we have to develope a new system for him?

I assume our coaching staff is smart enough not to do something like that. Best scenario is he comes back and we trade him to someone for a 6th round pick. Worst scenario is we just get tired of it and cut him and take the cap hit UGGGHHHHH!!!! Either way, i would be surprised if he played for the falcons again, let alone play in the NFL again. Odell Thurman did far less than Vick and he may never play again. How many convicted felons who have served more than a few days in jail have gone on to continue a career in the NFL. Can you say blackballed? Can you say Sheriff Goddell? I am sorry to say but Mike may have to take his act to the AFL or Canada. And that is just real talk.

Crumpler had bad Knees and he dropped balls,last year,

even though,

he was the best,

once!

E

scott hartley (4/7/2008)
gazoo (4/7/2008)
scott hartley (4/7/2008)
Hey Gazoo what was that guys name who used to make all the posts about Vick, said a bunch of racist stuff, and him and swifty always defended each other. he got banned. I was trying to remember yesterday

Scott, I had all the openly hostile Vick racists on my ignore list and do not know who that was.

come on you remember, everyone hated him except swiftkick and he had a ton of posts. it's driving me crazy I can't remember

Tonabull fruitcake lol

gazoo (4/7/2008)
scott hartley (4/7/2008)
Hey Gazoo what was that guys name who used to make all the posts about Vick, said a bunch of racist stuff, and him and swifty always defended each other. he got banned. I was trying to remember yesterday

Scott, I had all the openly hostile Vick racists on my ignore list and do not know who that was.

Probably Daddy Warbucks, Shannon, or the guy with a picture of his wife in his sig that drove an Abrams tank:rolleyes:!

swiftkick (4/7/2008)
the evil emperor (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)
most likely to see if he can make the move to cornerback when he gets back since he was a awful passer lol

Ok, so now we admit he's coming back. So we're making real progress here.

This supports Blanks refusal to rule out Vicks coming back as well.

The pieces of the jigsaw puzzle are all coming together. :)

I said Vick is coming back but he is NOT COMING BACK FOR THE FALCONS ..I gurantee it.

We will move on once we draft a QB this season

Fair enough, but please answer the original question.

Why would Kevin Winston, the Falcons' senior director of player development visit Vick several times in prison ?

If we were moving on as you say, wouldn't the Falcons be better served to let Vick rot in jail and move on and scout out new players ?

who else would Blank send there to talk to him or give him letters..You think Blank is going to just mail it to him ...What do you think Blank went there to scout the jail team lol.

This is a new front office, new personell, new coaching staff we have moved on from the Vick era..Case in point Alge Crumpler CUT ...

When we draft a QB in the first 2 rounds the Vick era will be over..The only thing keeping him on the roster is his contract ..Its a shame the union allowed this criminal low life to keep it ...

where did it say blank sent someone up there to dropped off some letters??see this is how stupid rumors and misinformation gets started..why wouldnt he mail them to him..vick hasnt been the only celebrity who has been in jail and im sure they have recieved letters also.

swiftkick (4/7/2008)
gazoo (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)
most likely to see if he can make the move to cornerback when he gets back since he was a awful passer lol

I would think when it came to your QB evaluativeprowess you wouldstifle yourself after proclaimingJoey Harringtons passing skills as great enought tolift this franchise to the playoffs last year.

This coming from said Ed Hartwell is the best run stuffer in the league and better then Ray Lewis

Scott I just owned Gazoo

step back scott shouldnt you be baking brownies

:w00t: nice one. I guess if your gonna make ignorant gay jokes it's good to at least be good at it.

da snowman (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)

I said Vick is coming back but he is NOT COMING BACK FOR THE FALCONS ..I gurantee it.

Why would Kevin Winston, the Falcons' senior director of player development visit Vick several times in prison ?

If we were moving on as you say, wouldn't the Falcons be better served to let Vick rot in jail and move on and scout out new players ?

who else would Blank send there to talk to him or give him letters..You think Blank is going to just mail it to him ...What do you think Blank went there to scout the jail team lol.

This is a new front office, new personell, new coaching staff we have moved on from the Vick era..Case in point Alge Crumpler CUT ...

When we draft a QB in the first 2 rounds the Vick era will be over..The only thing keeping him on the roster is his contract ..Its a shame the union allowed this criminal low life to keep it ...

where did it say blank sent someone up thereto dropped off some letters??see this is how stupid rumors and misinformation gets started..why wouldnt he mail them to him..vick hasnt been the only celebrity who has been in jail and im sure they have recieved letters also.

the rumors start where people think player development went to Vick to scout him in his jail game ..lol noone knows why he went there there can be thousands of reasons

iDash (4/7/2008)
215FalconsFanatic (4/7/2008)
BruceReville (4/7/2008)
Like I asked earlier - What if we have a new system with a successful QB under center if he does come back - what do we do with Vick then? Push out the guy being successful just because Vick is back and we have to develope a new system for him?

I assume our coaching staff is smart enough not to do something like that. Best scenario is he comes back and we trade him to someone for a 6th round pick. Worst scenario is we just get tired of it and cut him and take the cap hit UGGGHHHHH!!!! Either way, i would be surprised if he played for the falcons again, let alone play in the NFL again. Odell Thurman did far less than Vick and he may never play again. How many convicted felons who have served more than a few days in jail have gone on to continue a career in the NFL. Can you say blackballed? Can you say Sheriff Goddell? I am sorry to say but Mike may have to take his act to the AFL or Canada. And that is just real talk.

He was the best in the past. Last year he didnt play like it. We are restructuring our team. I think it was nice of the Falcons to let him go latch on a franchise further along than we are. Give him the chance to maybe play for a championship.

The removal of talent was not personal. We are rebuilding and trying to do it with the smallest window possible. The TE from Tenn. is not horrible. He is actually a good blocker and underrated receiver. Is he the second coming of Alge? **** NO! But will he do his job to the best of his abilities in a scheme that fits those abilities? I think so. That is what TD means by building the Pats way. You put guys who fit your scheme. Like a bunch of role players in basketball. Everybody knows there role and does it the best they can. Then you upgrade from there. Ensures you dont rely on one man and you can always find talent that works for you. I think its a sound plan and if you dont believe it, the pats have proved it can work.

Crumpler had bad Knees and he dropped balls,last year,

even though,

he was the best,

once!

E

swiftkick (4/7/2008)
da snowman (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)

where did it say blank sent someone up thereto dropped off some letters??see this is how stupid rumors and misinformation gets started..why wouldnt he mail them to him..vick hasnt been the only celebrity who has been in jail and im sure they have recieved letters also.

the rumors start where people think player development went to Vick to scout him in his jail game ..lol noone knows why he went there there can be thousands of reasons

No one here said that Kevin Winston, the Falcons' senior director of player development was scouting out Vick's prison team.

Isn't it far more likely that Winston was keeping tabs on Vick to see if he's staying in shape, practicing ?

And why wouldn't Blank just mail him the letter ?

I'm sorry guys, you can call me stupid if you want, but I do not believe that a 30 year old (which Vick will be once he is released) who is barely 6'0" with a career 75.7 QB rating is our future. Sorry, I can bring myself to do it.

da snowman (4/7/2008)
sdogg (4/7/2008)
If Vick is allowed to play in 09 or 10, he will have value to us. I dont see him returning as the QB for the Falcons, but more like a multi position player(KR, PR, WR, RB, QB). Mike Mularkey loves those type of players. Or we may be able to get a draft pick for him. ****, Al Davis may give us a 1st rounder for him...lol.

you people are stupid...what would we be getting out of vick if he played another position..yall act like he isnt gonna know how to play QB anymore..just stupidity..

Well he wont be playing QB for the Falcons. We will draft a QB most likely in the 2nd round this year. That QB will be groomed to take over in 09. If and that is a big if, Vick can return in 09, he will not be handed the keys to the franchise again. It will be either, Ryans, Brohm, Flacco or one of the other QB's being drafted. Blank and TD are not going to gamble on the hopes that Vick can return in 09. So if he does return and we keep him, he will need to learn a new position. Mularkey will use him like Hines Ward and Randle El. Or we will trade him.

Just because he is locked up, the team isn't going to freeze time for a few years and ignore the Qb position all because the "magical" and "godlike" Vick could come back.

You people here want to keep calling out people who realize this. When the man is cut from the team, will you SHUT THE **** UP!?

"Yeah, let's just sit and wait for Vick to come back in a few years!"

That sounds logical to you? If it does, eat some arsenic, it's good for your heart.

swiftkick (4/7/2008)
da snowman (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)

no i dont know about all this either, but it sure was funny...yea you right, it could be thousand of reasons that he went up to their, but i highly doubt it was to scout vick...hahaha, dang thats funny..even i have to laugh at that one.

IHateThe Cowboys! (4/7/2008)
I'm sorry guys, you can call me stupid if you want, but I do not believe that a 30 year old (which Vick will be once he is released) who is barely 6'0" with a career 75.7 QB rating is our future. Sorry, I can bring myself to do it.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH !!!

29108_000b5h9p.jpg

29108_000b5h9p.jpg

I guess not. The sound of a Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, and Brian Brohm sound alot more promising to me.

Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)
Just because he is locked up, the team isn't going to freeze time for a few years and ignore the Qb position all because the "magical" and "godlike" Vick could come back.

You people here want to keep calling out people who realize this. When the man is cut from the team, will you SHUT THE **** UP!?

That sounds logical to you? If it does, eat some arsenic, it's good for your heart.

29108_000b5h9p.jpg

I guess not. The sound of a Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, and Brian Brohm sound alot more promising to me.

Don't bother responding to some of these cats.

They won't discuss what is reasonable and the most logical choice. They just want to say "it's possible that he could come back, nanny nanny!" Meanwhile, it is also possible that I could fart on your breakfast every morning but I choose not to because it isn't logical.

Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)

Does it not register that the team must give all indications that they aren't going to cut him? Otherwise they recoup NOTHING. but I'll play your silly game. Let's flip it. Don't you think that if blank is intending to bring him back, he would visit him? Or at least stop saying...."this team is moving on."? You are hanging onto the tiniest of hope simply because it is possible. Possible doesn't mean probable though. Sorry.

Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)
Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)

Does it not register that the team must give all indications that they aren't going to cut him? Otherwise they recoup NOTHING. but I'll play your silly game. Let's flip it. Don't you think that if blank is intending to bring him back, he would visit him? Or at least stop saying...."this team is moving on."? You are hanging onto the tiniest of hope simply because it is possible. Possible doesn't mean probable though. Sorry.

Maybe they do have to give all indication that they aren't going to cut him.  But that just means getting their stories straight and saying all the right things to the press at the right times.

It doesn't not mean that the director of player development visits Vick 3 times.  That would be unheard of.

If the Falcons were moving on, the director of player development would not be visiting Vick in prison.

No matter what swifty says, he is not delivering Blanks mail to Vick. :cool:

If the Falcons were moving on, the director of player development would not be visiting Vick in prison.

So I guess that blank is just being extra covert in his quest to bring Vick back? When he says "this team must move on and act as though he isn't returning", he is really saying...." guess what haters, I'm going to lie in the press and forgive the 6 years of betrayal for a 30 year old running Qb with unfulfilled potential who makes over 10 mil a year"? This is what makes sense to you?

You pose the question...." Why is the director of player development visiting Vick if they are moving on?"

Let me ask you another question. If the Falcons are planning to bring Vick back, why are they recruiting Qb's? Wouldn't that be redundant?

Get'tem Evil,

We will cut Vick one Day,

but we could resign him to a lesser deal though,

The Falcons dont have to do anything until Goodell lets him back,

if we can make it till the June 2009,

which is highly likely because Goodell will probably wait till training camp to make a decision,

We can hope for the 80% UpComing " Uncapped 2010" to minimize his Cap HIT, Greatly!

====================================================================

I'm not sure about your first statement.  What does the Falcons official visiting him have do with that?  Who are they trying to gain favor with by visiting him in jail?  And what exactly are they trying to recoup?  Wasn't it already decided that he could keep his bonus money a while back?

I'd like to know in what capacity this official visited him?  As a friend or representing the organization?  I'm surprised by the fact that Blank is even communicating with him via written letters.

duce (4/7/2008)

====================================================================

I'm not sure about your first statement. What does the Falconsofficial visiting him have do with that? Who are they trying to gain favor with by visiting him in jail? And what exactly are they trying to recoup?

I'd like to know in what capacity this official visited him? As a friend or representing the organization?

Wasn't it already decided that he could keep his bonus money a while back?

It is currently being appealed.

I'm surprised by the fact that Blank is even communicating with him via written letters.

What message would it send if he didn't reply?

Again guys, answer this.

If blank has any intention of bringing him back, why would he say..." I will do what I can to help him personally and I would like to see him play in the NFL again but this team is moving on."

What reason would he have to lie about THAT?

What player would want to play for a team who turned their back on a player who got into trouble and paid his dues? to me it says alot about Blank's character. That even in light of what Vick has done to this franchise, he still has enough of a heart to check on the man and see how he is doing. I honestly feel like Blank is concerned about Vick the man than Vick the QB. Athletes are people first. Some of you fans need to remember that.

Mojo Risin (4/7/2008)

29108_000b5h9p.jpg

Don't bother responding to some of these cats.

They won't discuss what is reasonable and the most logical choice. They just want to say "it's possible that he could come back, nanny nanny!" Meanwhile, it is also possible that I could fart on your breakfast every morning but I choose not to because it isn't logical.

There is no question Vick is the best Qb on our roster....but that is like saying he is the tallest midget too. We need to clear they way for the future, whoever that maybe.