Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the evil emperor

The Falcons senior player of development has visited Vick several times in prison

123 posts in this topic

"I guess someone needs to tell Superman he missed the boat

**** you edited it - Lol"

Man you where Quick, I edited in like 2 secs, LOL

I hope he gets a second chance in ATL, if not,

I wish him the best where ever he heads in 2009!

swiftkick (4/7/2008)
the evil emperor (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)
most likely to see if he can make the move to cornerback when he gets back since he was a awful passer lol

Ok, so now we admit he's coming back. So we're making real progress here.

This supports Blanks refusal to rule out Vicks coming back as well.

The pieces of the jigsaw puzzle are all coming together. :)

I said Vick is coming back but he is NOT COMING BACK FOR THE FALCONS ..I gurantee it.

We will move on once we draft a QB this season

just like you guranteed that harrington could lead this team to the playoffs because he was a in the pocket QB....hahahahahahaha. ur gaurantees dont mean squat..

215FalconsFanatic (4/7/2008)
Its because they have hearts. He was a fellow employee and maybe friend. Even though he broke the law, he aint the anti christ...GEEZ! Why can someone be thoughtful to another human and not have an agenda? Have yall ever been to prison? or have someone close to you in prison?

I agree

ghoticov (4/7/2008)
"According to the report, Blank also said that Kevin Winston, the Falcons' senior director of player development, has visited Vick several times in prison. "

Why would Kevin Winston waste his time visiting Vick in prison if Vick were never coming back to the Falcons ?

Hmmm... ???

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/f.../vick_0408.html

LOL

It's killing you, isn't it?

Mr. ghoticov, would care to try to answer the question ?

Blank is probably making sure his investment is keeping in shape just in case. I for one never said he would try to come back for the Falcons nor did I say Blank would allow him to come back, I just said I never thought he was a very good QB. So call me ahater all you want, we just need a big strong pocket passer to compete. See all the other winning franchises in the NFL...Brady, Mannin, Manning, Big Ben, etc....get on board the Flacco or Brohm train fellas, it will lead us much further than the Dog train ever did.

BruceReville (4/7/2008)
Have yall ever been to prison or have someone close to you in prison? Yes a very close relative, and they raped that girl of their own free will - they can rot in **** for all I care -- I have no heart for them

and you compare what vick did to raping a girl?

IHateThe Cowboys! (4/7/2008)
Blank is probably making sure his investment is keeping in shape just in case.

So now its "just in case" ???

You haters said "NEVER" !!!

Never means no way in ****.  Never means when **** freezes over.

So now its "JUST IN CASE" ????

WHAT IS YOUR POSITION ????

Blank is probably making sure his investment is keeping in shape just in case.

So now its "just in case" ???

You haters said "NEVER" !!!

Never means no way in ****.  Never means when **** freezes over.

So now its "JUST IN CASE" ????

WHAT IS YOUR POSITION ????

You have me confused I think. Blank will do what it takes to win. It maybe letting Vick come back. Fine...I just think he sucks. so that is my position...clear?

da snowman

just like you guranteed that harrington could lead this team to the playoffs because he was a in the pocket QB....hahahahahahaha. ur gaurantees dont mean squat..

da snowman

swifty fell in to the same mental trap others did.......they nhad absolutely convinced themselves this roster was ready for greatness and the only thing holding it back was Vick. They set forht the argument for years that all problems were due to Vick, and all we needed was a pocket passer.

I have no doubt swifty and his minions honestly felt in their hearts once we got Harrington that our destiny was the Lombardi.

Well, they got slapped upside the head with reality this year when they got their wish and now they scramble to make excuses.

and you compare what vick did to raping a girl?

No far from it - I just answered your question - I have no problem being heartless to family or friends if they are stupid enough to do something to land them in jail

As far as Vick and his dogs go I could care less either way

If Vick is allowed to play in 09 or 10, he will have value to us. I dont see him returning as the QB for the Falcons, but more like a multi position player(KR, PR, WR, RB, QB). Mike Mularkey loves those type of players. Or we may be able to get a draft pick for him. ****, Al Davis may give us a 1st rounder for him...lol.

Blank is probably making sure his investment is keeping in shape just in case. I for one never said he would try to come back for the Falcons nor did I say Blank would allow him to come back, I just said I never thought he was a very good QB. So call me ahater all you want, we just need a big strong pocket passer to compete. See all the other winning franchises in the NFL...Brady, Mannin, Manning, Big Ben, etc....get on board the Flacco or Brohm train fellas, it will lead us much further than the Dog train ever did.

are u crazy..eli nor peyton are not big pocket passers..neither was john elway, neither was steve young...i dont see why yall like to compare and contrast players and say we need a player like them..how bout u go be a manning, brady or big ben fan since you like them and want a QB like them so much...

Hey Gazoo what was that guys name who used to make all the posts about Vick, said a bunch of racist stuff, and him and swifty always defended each other. he got banned. I was trying to remember yesterday

sdogg (4/7/2008)
If Vick is allowed to play in 09 or 10, he will have value to us. I dont see him returning as the QB for the Falcons, but more like a multi position player(KR, PR, WR, RB, QB). Mike Mularkey loves those type of players. Or we may be able to get a draft pick for him. ****, Al Davis may give us a 1st rounder for him...lol.

you people are stupid...what would we be getting out of vick if he played another position..yall act like he isnt gonna know how to play QB anymore..just stupidity..

Like I asked earlier - What if we have a new system with a successful QB under center if he does come back - what do we do with Vick then? Push out the guy being successful just because Vick is back and we have to develope a new system for him?

scott hartley (4/7/2008)
Hey Gazoo what was that guys name who used to make all the posts about Vick, said a bunch of racist stuff, and him and swifty always defended each other. he got banned. I was trying to remember yesterday

Scott, I had all the openly hostile Vick racists on my ignore list and do not know who that was.

gazoo (4/7/2008)
scott hartley (4/7/2008)

Scott, I had all the openly hostile Vick racists on my ignore list and do not know who that was.

come on you remember, everyone hated him except swiftkick and he had a ton of posts. it's driving me crazy I can't remember

BruceReville (4/7/2008)
Like I asked earlier - What if we have a new system with a successful QB under center if he does come back - what do we do with Vick then? Push out the guy being successful just because Vick is back and we have to develope a new system for him?

thats the only way i see vick not playing a part in the falcons future is if we are a winning franchise bout time he gets out..if we are the same ole 4-12, 5-11,7-9 team, then vick would be welcomed back with open arms, but if we have been to the playoffs a couple of times, maybe a superbowl, then bye bye vick, unless he is the backup QB..

scott hartley (4/7/2008)
gazoo (4/7/2008)
scott hartley (4/7/2008)

come on you remember, everyone hated him except swiftkick and he had a ton of posts. it's driving me crazy I can't remember

birdweisser aka tonavick?

BruceReville (4/7/2008)

If we dont get an OL it doesnt matter who is back there.

But like all Position it should be Open Competition,

If Redman beats out Shockley fine,

but U cant say just because they Gave Redman 2 million,

Shockley has no Shot,

or the drafted QB,

if Td Draft one

even Joey should be allowed to Compete if the OL gets Fixed!

BruceReville (4/7/2008)

I assume our coaching staff is smart enough not to do something like that. Best scenario is he comes back and we trade him to someone for a 6th round pick. Worst scenario is we just get tired of it and cut him and take the cap hit UGGGHHHHH!!!! Either way, i would be surprised if he played for the falcons again, let alone play in the NFL again. Odell Thurman did far less than Vick and he may never play again. How many convicted felons who have served more than a few days in jail have gone on to continue a career in the NFL. Can you say blackballed? Can you say Sheriff Goddell? I am sorry to say but Mike may have to take his act to the AFL or Canada. And that is just real talk.

swiftkick (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)
most likely to see if he can make the move to cornerback when he gets back since he was a awful passer lol

Ok, so now we admit he's coming back. So we're making real progress here.

This supports Blanks refusal to rule out Vicks coming back as well.

The pieces of the jigsaw puzzle are all coming together. :)

I said Vick is coming back but he is NOT COMING BACK FOR THE FALCONS ..I gurantee it.

We will move on once we draft a QB this season

Fair enough, but please answer the original question.

Why would Kevin Winston, the Falcons' senior director of player development visit Vick several times in prison ?

If we were moving on as you say, wouldn't the Falcons be better served to let Vick rot in jail and move on and scout out new players ?

who else would Blank send there to talk to him or give him letters..You think Blank is going to just mail it to him ...What do you think Blank went there to scout the jail team lol.

This is a new front office, new personell, new coaching staff we have moved on from the Vick era..Case in point Alge Crumpler CUT ...

When we draft a QB in the first 2 rounds the Vick era will be over..The only thing keeping him on the roster is his contract ..Its a shame the union allowed this criminal low life to keep it ...

gazoo (4/7/2008)
scott hartley (4/7/2008)
gazoo (4/7/2008)
scott hartley (4/7/2008)

birdweisser aka tonavick?

ohhhhhhhhh your the big winner. now I remember, thanks. tonavick, than name always made me laugh for some reason.

gazoo (4/7/2008)
swiftkick (4/7/2008)

I would think when it came to your QB evaluativeprowess you wouldstifle yourself after proclaimingJoey Harringtons passing skills as great enought tolift this franchise to the playoffs last year.

This coming from said Ed Hartwell is the best run stuffer in the league and better then Ray Lewis

Scott I just owned Gazoo

step back scott shouldnt you be baking brownies