Remind me...Why are you a Falcons Fan?

OK...You miss Vick, Hall, Dunn, Alge, and all the others that are no longer here, you hate Brooking, and most of the others that stayed, you say we overpaid for Turner and Elam, you ##### about the hire of Mike Smith, you say TD doesn't know what he is doing, you criticize Blank's every move, and you wish failure on all the above. Oh, and you call yourself a fan? Are you serious? Why not take that frustration, and find a new team, because I for one, am tired of all the negativity you are bringing our team and this forum.

SO WHY DON"T YOU JUST MOVE ON?

Players come and go - they are loyal only to the $$$$ - while they are here I'll cheer for those who perform - and leave my 2 cents on those who don't - when they leave the team I could care less about them -- but the Falcons will always be my team to cheer for until they move to Calgary

That's a good question. I've been a fan forever and when they start winning, everyone talking shyt will come back jumping on the band wagon. It was time for everyone they got rid of to go except for Crump. Dunn should not have been starting last year over Norwood. Hall only shines against sub par receivers. Grady Jackson is fat and slow. Enough with the old. Winning starts with D-fense, just like the Giants put on the patriots. The head coach is  a defensive minded coach and Jax had a tough D. Look for ATL to be at least 10-6 this year.

Rickey,

I don't argree with you about Grady Jackson or DeAngelo Hall but I can agree with defense is the beginning of winning. The front four can't only have one pass rusher and no run stopper. Abraham is great but he can't do it alone. Grady plugged up the middle. Houston is an up and coming better than average corner. It appears we immediately beefed up the d-line and Ellis or Dorsey we add a great finishing touch. I want a "knock yo block off" safety. I am curious how the corner taking DeAngelo's place will be. I also want to pick up one or two fast hard hitting linebackers.

I'm from the SWATs (South West Atlanta) and I"m a Falcons fan because:

I'm a Georgia boy, that was Georgia bread

I'm when I die, I'll be Georgia dead. 

The fact is, a good percentage of the posters are not fans of the Falcons, but are either just internet trolls or people who may think of themselves as "See It As It Is" fans, but in reality are just self important gasbags.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The trolls we need not elaborate on.  Unless the poster truly suffers from a mental illness (of which I believe this board has a few), trolls eventually weary of spouting their provocative comments and move on.

The "realist" fan, on the other hand, equates pessimism and cynicism with "wisdom".  Since their basic premise is that the Falcons are an incompetent organization - always have been and always will be - the conclusions derived from this foundation has (in their minds, at least) an unassailable logic.  No point noting inconsistencies in their posts - history is prophesy and that's that.  They will just simply note that you are "drinking the kool-aid" or some other dismissal - end of discussion.  So, why the Falcons?  That the Atlanta Falcons have been a historically disappointing football team is undeniable.  Therefore, perversely, associating themselves with the  Falcons fulfills a weird masochistic fetish for some.  I can't honestly say I understand the phenomenon, but it does seem to be true.

IHateThe Cowboys! (4/7/2008)

OK...You miss Vick, Hall, Dunn, Alge, and all the others that are no longer here, you hate Brooking, and most of the others that stayed, you say we overpaid for Turner and Elam, you ##### about the hire of Mike Smith, you say TD doesn't know what he is doing, you criticize Blank's every move, and you wish failure on all the above. Oh, and you call yourself a fan? Are you serious? Why not take that frustration, and find a new team, because I for one, am tired of all the negativity you are bringing our team and this forum.

But im not a fan...

bucman (4/7/2008)

But im not a fan...

Yes, I know, but you don't claim to be either. Some others do. Some people on here, although never played or coached above the High school level, seem to think they know more about personnel and football operations than TD or Mike Smith. It is just funny to me.

i'm a newbie Falcons fan, and my reasoning is that I really like the look of the front office. I loved Mike Smith's defense in Jacksonville, and I love the way Pioli and BB worked their drafts in New England, and we all know Dimitroff had a large hand in that.

All in all, they are turning around the attitude in Atlanta, and I like the way it is looking. I hate Vick and D-Hall and am glad they are gone. I've always been a Brooking fan, and I really like Michael Turner.

I guess in the end, there is just a lot to root for with this franchise, even if you can't see it right now.

zgotts (4/7/2008)
i'm a newbie Falcons fan, and my reasoning is that I really like the look of the front office. I loved Mike Smith's defense in Jacksonville, and I love the way Pioli and BB worked their drafts in New England, and we all know Dimitroff had a large hand in that.

All in all, they are turning around the attitude in Atlanta, and I like the way it is looking. I hate Vick and D-Hall and am glad they are gone. I've always been a Brooking fan, and I really like Michael Turner.

I guess in the end, there is just a lot to root for with this franchise, even if you can't see it right now.

Welcome, you seem like you will fit right in. This franchise is turning a new leaf, and I am excited to see the new look.

zgotts (4/7/2008)

I like everything you said except the middle part. :)

I agree!  I hate all the freakin' negativity.  It really does seem like some of our fellow "fans" hate everything about the team.  That's why I don't post on here much.  I'm not interested in getting into a pissing contest with someone.  It's really gonna irritate me when start winning and these same so called "fans" start loving everything about the team again.

I miss Vick, but that's about it....I can't wait to see Turner play and I couldn't care less that we cut Alge and Dunn, etc....whoever is on the team is who I'll be rooting for

David Ethan (4/7/2008)

I miss Vick, but that's about it....I can't wait to see Turner play and I couldn't care less that we cut Alge and Dunn, etc....whoever is on the team is who I'll be rooting for

For once, I agree with you...well except for the Vick thing.

WOW!!! I like how you just generalize everyone. Could a person like vick but, be please with the dunn move. maybe like the "TD" and Mike Smith  hire but, not like the crumpler move but understand it. Could A person who supports Vick be the biggest die-heart falcons fan since the 70's?

Please stop it with the generalizing. :ermm:

Let's see...

I would like to have Vick back and believe we could do well with him, but I understand that it probably will not happen.

Dunn was done, great guy though.

I believe Alge could have given us good play for another year at least. 3 TD catches in his last 2 games with us proves this.

Hall. I would have loved to have kept him. He is inmature, and he isn't worth 10 million. No CB in the NFL could come close to being worth 10 million, not even Deion Sanders in his prime.

Turner. We didn't really overpay for him.

Elam. I love the signing, let's go kick some 50 yarders!

Love the Mike Smith hire, TD seems pretty solid(but we will not know for sure until we see how our draft works out), and I think Blank is a great guy.

There is no black and white as you paint it, so quit trying to pretend people who disagree with you are simply not Falcon fans.