Who Will Be The NBA Reg. Season MVP?

tdot falcon

It should be Chris Paul and here is my reason

About 2 weeks ago I had Kobe but I got the thinking. Without Chris Paul do you think David West would be an all-star player? I don't think he would. The last few years Steve Nash has gotten the MVP. Well Chris Paul is putting up better numbers this year then Nash did in those MVP years with less help. Also the West is stronger this year then it has ever been so with all that happening how is CP3 not your MVP?

Bloodhoundz (4/6/2008)
It should be Chris Paul and here is my reason

About 2 weeks ago I had Kobe but I got the thinking. Without Chris Paul do you think David West would be an all-star player? I don't think he would. The last few years Steve Nash has gotten the MVP. Well Chris Paul is putting up better numbers this year then Nash did in those MVP years with less help. Also the West is stronger this year then it has ever been so with all that happening how is CP3 not your MVP?

Kobe has lost Bynum, Odom, and Gasol for parts of the season. That is a HUGE part of your team right there, and 3/5 of your starting lineup.

ATLBrave12 (4/6/2008)

Kobe has lost Bynum, Odom, and Gasol for parts of the season. That is a HUGE part of your team right there, and 3/5 of your starting lineup.

If that is the case then T-mac should be MVP. Kobe lost Bynum and then a few games after that they got Gasol. Then Gasol played a few games,then went down and missed about a week and a half. Lamar Odom hasn't missed many games.Chris Paul has had games missing David West.

CP3 should be MVP based on this season. If Nash got MVP for those last 2 seasons he had then Chris Paul should win MVP. His season this year has been better then Nash's 2 MVP seasons and the West is the toughest it has ever been.

Lebron plays more minutes than Kobe, scores more points while taking less shots which also means he shoots a high FG%, dishes out more assists, gets more rebounds, blocks more shots, averages only .02 less steals and his team is 2-0 vs Lakers this season. It's not even debateable that LeBron is truly the MVP of the league. Kobe might get the sympathy vote becasue he's older and hasn't won an MVP yet, but in reality he is not as valuable as LeBron.

halsey (4/6/2008)
Lebron plays more minutes than Kobe, scores more points while taking less shots which also means he shoots a high FG%,dishes out more assists, gets more rebounds, blocks more shots, averages only .02 less steals and his team is 2-0 vs Lakers this season. It's not even debateable that LeBron is truly the MVP of the league. Kobe might get the sympathy vote becasue he's older and hasn't won an MVP yet, but in reality he is not as valuable as LeBron.

Lebron won't get the MVP because of his team's record. If you pick MVP's based purely on stats then Kobe should have gotten it in 05-06 and T-mac in 02-03.

Bloodhoundz (4/6/2008)
smh @ Phoenix homers. :sick:

I'm not for real about Amar getting the MVP...but I do get to watch the Suns a few times a week...and he is as nasty as Lebron is, easy.

He plays better D, in my opinion, but isnt as dynamic as Lebron is.

That all being said, I hate Kobe, but he is the best in the league.

tdot falcon (4/6/2008)
Right now I think it's between Kobe and Paul. Whichever players team finishes first in the West will be the MVP. Personally I'm going for Paul but I think they've gotta give Kobe at least on in his career.

i think it should be between paul and garnett but it wont matter when the boys in green are hoisting the 17th banner this year. paul can have the mvp.

ki45toryu (4/6/2008)
I'm not for real about Amar getting the MVP...but I do get to watch the Suns a few times a week...and he is as nasty as Lebron is, easy.

I agree that Amare is a beast and has gotten better since the Shaq trade, I just think Paul should get it this year though. I've always liked Amare's game,his jumpshot has improved this year too. Kobe the best player in the game but Paul is MVP.

ki45toryu (4/6/2008)
Bloodhoundz (4/6/2008)
smh @ Phoenix homers. :sick:

:w00t: Amare plays defense?  This is news to me, and he doesn't play D better than LeBron.  Watch Amare and tell me what he does without Steve Nash spoon feeding him the ball.  He has improved his open jumper but he still has no back to the basket game and can't create for himself. All that plus the fact he plays no D, except for the occasional help defense block, rules him out for me.  Paul or Kobe should win, but Duncan or Manu will win the MVP that means the most....Finals MVP