No trade talk yet on Falcons' first-round draft pick

No trade talk yet on Falcons' first-round draft pick.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Link:  http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/f...lcons_0404.html

According to Dimitroff, no team has yet offered anything for the Falcons first-round pick.  Personally, I don't think anyone will offer a realistic trade.  There just isn't any Got To Have player this draft, and I believe the Falcons' management sees the #3 pick as being crucial.

Also, there is a philosophy developing that the real values are in the later rounds, particularly Rounds Two and Three.  Therefore trading an early pick for multiple later picks is the way to go.  That's all fine for the teams with the early picks.  However, if the teams with the later picks also have that viewpoint, then - except, perhaps, for the most special of circumstances - why trade at all?  I think that's what happened last draft year:  the Raiders overplayed their hand in demanding picks for their first-round pick (even though it was obvious they very much wanted to trade down) and wound up trading with nobody.

So, I don't expect to see too much movement in the early part of this year's draft.  The Falcons don't seem to be that interested in trading and therefore will want more than any other team will be willing to give for #3.  Too bad Mike Ditka isn't participating in the NFL Draft anymore.

I think we will see some movement, although it is more likely to happen in the mid to late first round and second. Plus we still unfortunately have a few weeks before the nfl draft rolls around.

I also wonder, with TD being a very new GM, if that might play into the fact that our phones aren't ringing off the hook at the moment.

Oh well, I think we are in good shape regardless of trading down or keeping what we have.

stoned_jc7 (4/6/2008)
I think we will see some movement, although it is more likely to happen in the mid to late first round and second. Plus we still unfortunately have a few weeks before the nfl draft rolls around.

I also wonder, with TD being a very new GM, if that might play into the fact that our phones aren't ringing off the hook at the moment.

Oh well, I think we are in good shape regardless of trading down or keeping what we have.

Recently most of the movement is late 1st or early 2nd.Value guys that arent super expensive.