Veron Gholston

FalcFan12

grendel (4/6/2008)
malk2.0 (4/6/2008)
depends. If the falcons have dorsey on board I say go dorsey all the way. Or if jake long is on board go jake all the way.

If both jake and dorsey go number 1 and number 2 then I say yes he is worth the 3rd overall pick.

You're starting down this path of making yourself look foolish pushing Gholston over Chris Long again? Even a dog learns after getting its nose swatted enough times.

I agree with you take Chris over Vernon

grendel (4/6/2008)
malk2.0 (4/6/2008)
depends. If the falcons have dorsey on board I say go dorsey all the way. Or if jake long is on board go jake all the way.

If both jake and dorsey go number 1 and number 2 then I say yes he is worth the 3rd overall pick.

You're starting down this path of making yourself look foolish pushing Gholston over Chris Long again? Even a dog learns after getting its nose swatted enough times.

once again you dont understand what OPINIONS MEAN.

Its MY OPINION.

I WOULD RATHER HAVE GHOLSTON OVER CHRIS LONG.

grendel (4/6/2008)
malk2.0 (4/6/2008)
grendel (4/6/2008)
malk2.0 (4/6/2008)

Its MY OPINION.

That's why the term "uninformed opinion" was created.

hahah

Im sorry grendal but you need to realize something. YOu're nothing but a pathetic low life on a message board. You bashingmy opinion means nothing to me. I will keep my opinion just like you will keep yours.

So you need to take your over inflated ego out the door. Its just football. Its a game. If you wanna have an ego about "who knows more football knowledge than the other" it just shows you pathetic you are.

Now I suggest you understand that my opinion is valued just as much as yours on a forum. What I think and what YOU think means NOTHING TO the atlanta falcons. If you're trying to suggest that you're some kind of expert and your opinion means more than mine then why dont you try and get a job with an nfl team? Im sure if you're such an expert they'd hire you as a scout somewhere.

grendel (4/6/2008)
malk2.0 (4/6/2008)
grendel (4/6/2008)
malk2.0 (4/6/2008)
grendel (4/6/2008)
malk2.0 (4/6/2008)

Its MY OPINION.

That's why the term "uninformed opinion" was created.

hahah

Im sorry grendal but you need to realize something. YOu're nothing but a pathetic low life on a message board. You bashingmy opinion means nothing to me. I will keep my opinion just like you will keep yours.

So you need to take your over inflated ego out the door. Its just football. Its a game. If you wanna have an ego about "who knows more football knowledge than the other" it just shows you pathetic you are.

Now I suggest you understand that my opinion is valued just as much as yours on a forum. What I think and what YOU think means NOTHING TO the atlanta falcons. If you're trying to suggest that you're some kind of expert and your opinion means more than mine then why dont you try and get a job with an nfl team? Im sure if you're such an expert they'd hire you as a scout somewhere.

So why bother trying to talk to anyone? Just form your opinions in a vacuum if you don't want to learn anything, listen to and understand what others are saying, or discuss anything rationally.

Why don't I try to get a job as a scout? Well, because it would be a factor of 3 paycut for me. Mr. Offseason is working as an intern for the Vikings doing tape room stuff, maybe you'd listen to him? You don't have to be a pro at something to know something about it.

The big thing for me is, you don't even respect yourself enough to develop solid opinions based on fact. You get your opinion somewhere then refuse to listen to anyone else challenge your opinion or present evidence to the contrary. For you, your opinion is completely valid no matter what, and no amount of evidence, stats, or discussion affects it. To me, that makes your opinion worthless. There's plenty of people on here whose opinion I respect and whose contrary opinion will make me question my opinion, but yours is not one of them.

Ive read your posts for a long time on here and you're someone I do not want respect from. So i really could care less about what you think or say. I know how people like you are. You are just a wannabe know it all and no matter how good of a argument the other person has if they have a different opinion than yours you act like a little girl and call them idiots or stupid.

So I will agree that I have my opinion because ITS WHAT I THINK and you have yours because you think it.

and end this bickering because I really find it a waste of time to have an intelligent debate with you and about 2-3 others on here because of your inflated egos.

grendel (4/6/2008)So why bother trying to talk to anyone? Just form your opinions in a vacuum if you don't want to learn anything, listen to and understand what others are saying, or discuss anything rationally.

Why don't I try to get a job as a scout? Well, because it would be a factor of 3 paycut for me. Mr. Offseason is working as an intern for the Vikings doing tape room stuff, maybe you'd listen to him? You don't have to be a pro at something to know something about it.

The big thing for me is, you don't even respect yourself enough to develop solid opinions based on fact. You get your opinion somewhere then refuse to listen to anyone else challenge your opinion or present evidence to the contrary. For you, your opinion is completely valid no matter what, and no amount of evidence, stats, or discussion affects it. To me, that makes your opinion worthless. There's plenty of people on here whose opinion I respect and whose contrary opinion will make me question my opinion, but yours is not one of them.

Oh great, we've got another rich internet guy. Did your user name use to be "championship" by any chance?

If Jake Long is there, Gholston is not worth the pick.

If Jake Long is gone, by all means take Gholston. He is an Adalius Thomas type player that can play where a team needs him. He will be able to take over at MLB and/or give Anderson a lesson on how to play defensive end.

Just imagine...Boley, Brooking, and Gholston at linebacker next season.

grendel (4/6/2008)
hawkeyes (4/6/2008)
grendel (4/6/2008)
An intelligent conversation requires intelligence on both sides.

I agree with Malk, Ive ready your post you act like a "wanna be know it all" and call people names when they show support for players like Shock.

Knowledge is a powerful thing. Once you have it, you want to share it. People like Malk have no interest in listening to others. I've learned a LOT from people on this board who know a lot more than I do. jidady is one of those whose opinion I ALWAYS listen to and try to understand, even if I decide I disagree. You can choose to call those of us who've spent a lot of time doing this research "wanna be knowitalls", but it seems to me that you're just shutting yourself off from a potential source of knowledge.

But then, if you think Shockley has a shot of becoming a starter in the NFL, it's probably hopeless to try to talk to you rationally.

You sound like a total returd. He was drafted by a NFL professional football team as a prospect.  He would have played last year if he did not get hurt.  If he is on the team he has a shot and for you to say other wise you are being an irrational mary.

grendel (4/6/2008)
hawkeyes (4/6/2008)
grendel (4/6/2008)
hawkeyes (4/6/2008)
grendel (4/6/2008)

I agree with Malk, Ive ready your post you act like a "wanna be know it all" and call people names when they show support for players like Shock.

Knowledge is a powerful thing. Once you have it, you want to share it. People like Malk have no interest in listening to others. I've learned a LOT from people on this board who know a lot more than I do. jidady is one of those whose opinion I ALWAYS listen to and try to understand, even if I decide I disagree. You can choose to call those of us who've spent a lot of time doing this research "wanna be knowitalls", but it seems to me that you're just shutting yourself off from a potential source of knowledge.

But then, if you think Shockley has a shot of becoming a starter in the NFL, it's probably hopeless to try to talk to you rationally.

You sound like a total returd. He was drafted by a NFL professional football team as a prospect. He would have played last year if he did not get hurt. If he is on the team he has a shot and for you to say other wise you are being an irrational mary.

What will you say when he's not on the roster opening day?

ther eyou go again. "what will you say WHEN hes not ont he roster"

How do you know he wont be on the roster?

you should of said "IF " he is not on the roster. When you say WHEN it means you know for a fact he wont be on and you do not.;)

grendel (4/6/2008)
grendel (4/6/2008)
malk2.0 (4/6/2008)
grendel (4/6/2008)

Ya, which is why no one can ever have one with you. ;)

You're so fun! I can push Button "A" and out comes response "A"!

Anyway, since the only people whose opinion you'll listen to are people who get paid for it, here's Todd McShay's take on the DL prospects... Pay attention to the question about Gholston vs. Chris Long.

NFL Draft Preview: Defensive Line

So what's the excuse now?

Since Malk is back... respond please

thats just one person. Who cares? Like I said ITS MY OPINION ABOUT GHOLSTON.

I would rather have dorsey or jake long but if they're gone I WOULD RATHER HAVE GHOLSTOn over chris long. MY OPINION. I dont care what you have to say about gholston or some writer. ;)

grendel (4/6/2008)
malk2.0 (4/6/2008)
grendel (4/6/2008)
grendel (4/6/2008)
malk2.0 (4/6/2008)
grendel (4/6/2008)

Anyway, since the only people whose opinion you'll listen to are people who get paid for it, here's Todd McShay's take on the DL prospects... Pay attention to the question about Gholston vs. Chris Long.

I would rather have dorsey or jake long but if they're gone I WOULD RATHER HAVE GHOLSTOn over chris long. MY OPINION. I dont care what you have to say about gholston or some writer. ;)

Ok, so when I say it, I'm a "wanna be knowitall" who doesn't get paid for it, same for jidady, and when Todd McShay says it he's just "some writer"....

So do you base your opinions ON something, or do you just pull them from your nether regions? The rest of us are willing to discuss our reasoning and back up our opinions, why not you? Why do you come to these boards if not for conversation?

I've discussed my reason behind liking gholston over chris long before. YOU just dismissed it and did your "im right you're wrong " #####.

grendel (4/6/2008)
malk2.0 (4/6/2008)
grendel (4/6/2008)
malk2.0 (4/6/2008)
grendel (4/6/2008)
grendel (4/6/2008)
malk2.0 (4/6/2008)
grendel (4/6/2008)

Ok, so when I say it, I'm a "wanna be knowitall" who doesn't get paid for it, same for jidady, and when Todd McShay says it he's just "some writer"....

So do you base your opinions ON something, or do you just pull them from your nether regions? The rest of us are willing to discuss our reasoning and back up our opinions, why not you? Why do you come to these boards if not for conversation?

I've discussed my reason behind liking gholston over chris long before. YOU just dismissed it and did your "im right you're wrong " #####.

No, you never had a reason behind your opinion that I saw. When Jidady started giving you reasons behind his opinion of Gholston you just started mocking him and me calling us "wanna be knowitalls".

I've said plenty of times.

I believe that chris long has a lot of hype around him just because of his dad. I believe hes gonna be a good solid DE and he could be move din to be DT at times.

I just feel that gholston , even tho hes a little raw, will be a better talent with the right coaches. I think gholston could be that LB/ DE guy for us until we get rid of abe and then be able to replace him.

I also feel that gholston will be the better DE in time than chris long. He has the skills and talent.

You can teach technique, you cant teach talent.

Of course this is all my OPINION on the guy, he could easily become a bust just like any other player in the draft. There is no such thing as a safe player.

That being said I rather the falcons take DORSEY at 3 and if he isnt there at 3, us trade down(hopefully to the number 6th pick) and pick up ellis or gholston (whoever is around)