Born: August 25, 1987
Hometown: Greensburg, PA
Height: 6-1
Weight: 185 lbs.
40 yrd: 4.42
Pos: WR
Class: Freshman
REC 39 | YDS 1,244 | TD 11

While doing some researching on this year's upcoming WR Draft class. I came a crossed Freshman Marion Brennan. It was not his 1244 yrds what impressed me but the fact he manage to do so with only 39 catches, and a mind blowing 31.9 AVG per catch with 11 TDs.

I personally thought those were impressing number to put up in your freshman year so I started to look for info on him. Videos, Info, Scouting profiles.. But I could barely find anything on him.

Was it his speed? According to www.Nfldraftscout.com he runs in the 4.4s and that's considered above average but then again 40 yrds are always misleading. Ex: Jerry Rice was considered to run in the 4.6 yet on the field he had that competitive speed and finesse that made him look faster than any one who covered him. For all we know he could run faster than in the 4.3s on the field.

So could it be that maybe he is a very physical WR who can break off tackles and take the ball down the field? Could it be that he maybe has extremely quickness and route running skills, leaving his defender looking lost at the line of scrimmage? Maybe none of the above.. Maybe they just deep throw the ball to him in Tulsa.. Who knows!

What I do know is that I saw him play on TV once while I was at friend's house having some beers last year, he is a big Tulsa fan. At the time I didn t make much of him because he was unknown to me. While making pointless conversation because I wasn t interested in the games, I did noticed a couple of plays and I saw his ability to get off the line and burn his defender and get to the second level.

One thing is for sure.. He is got my attention and I will be looking at him closer

I found no Highlight video but I did find a 6 seconds video on YouTube. It really don t help much but enjoy.. lol

Also check http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=74811

01/06/08 - PLAYERS TO WATCH: WR Brennan Marion - Tulsa needed immediate help from its first-year receivers and got it from Marion and freshmen Trae Johnson and Charles Clay. Marion, a junior-college transfer, emerged as one of the nation's most dangerous receivers and earned the C-USA Newcomer of the Year award by catching 39 passes for 1,244 yards for an impressive 31.9 yards per reception. Twenty-five of his 39 catches have gone for more than 25 yards, and 17 for more than 35 yards. Of his 11 touchdown receptions, eight have gone for 48 yards or more, including TD receptions of 75 and 73 yards. "We needed a guy who could stretch the field, and we looked all over the country to find the right fit," Tulsa coach Todd Graham. "Brennan was perfect for us."
12/05/07 - 2007 All-Conference USA Second Team (Coaches): Wide Receiver - Brennan Marion has caught 39 passes for 1,244 yards and 11 touchdowns. With his 31.9 yard average per reception, Marion is on pace to establish a new NCAA record for average yards per catch. Marion has six 100+ receiving games, including a career-best 244 yards and two TDs, this year. - Tulsa Sports
12/05/07 - 2007 Conference USA Coaches NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR: Junior WR Brennan Marion of Tulsa garnered the league's inaugural Newcomer of the Year award. The transfer from DeAnza Junior College surpassed 1,000 yards this year on his 29th reception of the season, in the regular season finale at Rice. Marion became just the 11th player in school history to reach 1,000 receiving yards in a single season and with 1,244 yards on just 39 receptions has moved into eighth place on TU's single-season receiving list. Marion averages 31.9 yards per reception and is on pace to shatter the NCAA record for highest average gain per reception in a season (27.9 yards by Houston's Elmo Wright in 1968). - C-USA Sports