Falcons taking a look at Dennis Dixon

Duck QB works out& Oregon QB Dennis Dixon worked out for NFL teams at a special on-campus workout late last week. Dixon had been getting some Heisman consideration but saw his season come to an abrupt end when he tore an ACL. Somewhat surprisingly, only about 8 NFL teams actually sent representatives to Dixon s workout. Among those in attendance was Atlanta QB coach Bill Musgrave, himself a former Duck QB who described Dixon s efforts as a good workout. Dixon threw for about half an hour and reportedly showed nice touch, especially on long passes, but struggled at times with a few medium-range out routes. Dixon did not run the 40, but claimed he had timed in the 4.6 seconds at a recent training session. Dixon also indicated that he expects to be back at full strength in 4-6 weeks, in time to participate in a post-draft NFL mini-camp.

NOTE TO MANAGEMENT WE HAVE HIM on our roster-Shockley ;)

Purple Label (4/6/2008)
Actually he is a little over 6'4". Swift, what do you mean by he is just Shockley? How would the would feel if we started comparing Brohm and Henne to Harrington, or even Doug Johnson?

The same intanagables..and both are coming off a serious injury ..Outside of the height difference there game is very similar

No need to waste a late round pick on a project QB ..we need those picks foe depth on dline and oline

swiftkick (4/6/2008)
Purple Label (4/6/2008)
Actually he is a little over 6'4". Swift, what do you mean by he is just Shockley? How would the would feel if we started comparing Brohm and Henne to Harrington, or even Doug Johnson?

The same intanagables..and both are coming off a serious injury ..Outside of the height difference there game is very similar

No need to waste a late round pick on a project QB ..we need those picks foe depth on dline and oline

All QBs are projects.  Peyton Manning could have never run an option in college, and Antwan Randel-EL couldn't have run a decent pass offense in college.

swiftkick (4/6/2008)
Purple Label (4/6/2008)

If he had never gotten hurt, I feel fairly certain that he would be at least a second round pick...

Grabbing a guy who has as much talent as any QB in this draft, in the later rounds, would be far from a waste. He needs to get bigger and stronger, but he has everything else needed to succeed at QB in the NFL...

Dixon and Woodson were the most impressive QB's that I saw last season...

Hokies&Falcons (4/6/2008)

If he had never gotten hurt, I feel fairly certain that he would be at least a second round pick...

Yeah, I think NFL Draft Scout had him at #38 overall the week before it came out he was playing with a torn ACL.

And say what you will about Dixon as an NFL draft prospect, any player willing to try take the field with a torn ACL is all man.

atljbo (4/6/2008)
dennis dixon proday video

http://www.dennisdixon10.com/qbdrills/pro_...ay_april_3.html

Decent foot work and has some pop on his passes.  Oddly enough, he looks like he needs more practice throwing on the run?  Either way I see good talent.  True we have Shock, but any good comp is worth having at the QB spot.  Anyone know what round he's projected in?

Carefull swiftkick you're stepping on thin ice, I'm sure Matthew Pritts is going to be here any second to laugh at you can call Dixon a bust. Anyways, I'd actually like to see what he can do. IMO he is going to be an above average starter in this league.

BillyWitchDoctor (4/6/2008)
Carefull swiftkick you're stepping on thin ice, I'm sure Matthew Pritts is going to be here any second to laugh at you can call Dixon a bust. Anyways, I'd actually like to see what he can do. IMO he is going to be an above average starter in this league.

lol

Dont get me wrong I like Dixon think he would have been a early draft pick if not the injury but now its a rebuilding process and what we dont need is to spend a late round draft pick on a project that might not even make the team.Who knows how far along he is with the process he didnt do any running drills.

Plus got to figure we will draft a QB in the first 2 rounds then also spend a late round pick on one ? if thats not the case we dont draft any QBS wait to late rounds draft Dixon and go into the season with Harring, Redman and 2 QBS coming off injury

swiftkick (4/6/2008)
BillyWitchDoctor (4/6/2008)

lol

Dont get me wrong I like Dixon think he would have been a early draft pick if not the injury but now its a rebuilding process and what we dont need is to spend a late round draft pick on a project that might not even make the team.Who knows how far along he is with the process he didnt do any running drills.

Plus got to figure we will draft a QB in the first 2 rounds then also spend a late round pick on one ? if thats not the case we dont draft any QBS wait to late rounds draft Dixon and go into the season with Harring, Redman and 2 QBS coming off injury

We do know that all the QB's will be projects and none will come out and start a regular season game for us.

skippy (4/6/2008)
Dixon was'nt just getting "some" consideration for the Heisman last season. He was the front runnerat one point.I say grab him.:)

But get him late so we get more value than cost. I still say get Johnson if he is there in the third or with our last second round pick.

scott hartley (4/6/2008)
The only thing they have in common is that they are black. Is that what you meant swiftkick??

I see that quite often with the "we already have Shockley" comments. Whats that all about? (unless the people making these comments are talking about a perceived style of play)