Thoughts on the draft from Sirius radio

I had a long car ride this weekend so I spent most of it listening to the NFL network on Sirius and got the following thoughts on the Falcons draft:

1) We will not take Ryan but we will take Dorsey at the third pick.

2)Jake Long will be a good pro but most scouts like him as a right side tackle and not a left side tackle. GM's don't usually draft right side tackles that high so look for us to go with Dorsey over Long.

3)After drafting Dorsey with the third pick the Falcons may trade some of their picks to move back into the first round if their is still a left tackle that they like left on the board. If they don't like the choices at tackle they will stay put with their picks in the second round.

4)Most experts have Henne being the second QB chosen with Brohm being the fourth. Brohm is best suited for a West Coast style offense so he isn't as good as a fit for us as Henne or Flacco.

5)When we draft a QB then expect a battle between Shockley and Harrington for the third QB spot. Looks like Shockley will be the odd man out and possible be put on the practice squad to give his knee more time to heal.

6)Falcons will get help at DL, CB, OL, and TE in this draft. They are already looking at alot of TE's.

7)Experts love the number of picks that the Falcons have and really expect Dimitroff to do a good job with the picks.

After drafting Dorsey with the third pick the Falcons may trade some of their picks to move back into the first round if their is still a left tackle that they like left on the board. If they don't like the choices at tackle they will stay put with their picks in the second round
To tell you the truth. That is one position that is worth trading up for IMO. Only Baker and Collins are the LT left in the 2nd. That is not much, but Baker would do just fine. Clady might drop in the 20's and Williams could go in the middle of the first to late. I just hope we don't give up too much if we do trade up.

I keep trying to find scenarios where Ryan Clady's stock goes into free-fal enough for us to make a playl, but I would be genuinely stunned if he made it through the 12/13/14 run of Denver, Carolina and Chicago. Given the fact that all of them are prioritizing the o-line and that he's the best pure LT in this draft, even if he does somehow slide past Baltimore at #8, he can't fall far, even some team is silly enough to take Albert over him.

golfingdawg (4/6/2008)
I had a long car ride this weekend so I spent most of it listening to the NFL network on Sirius and got the following thoughts on the Falcons draft:

1) We will not take Ryan but we will take Dorsey at the third pick.

2)Jake Long will be a good pro but most scouts like him as a right side tackle and not a left side tackle. GM's don't usually draft right side tackles that high so look for us to go with Dorsey over Long.

3)After drafting Dorsey with the third pick the Falcons may trade some of their picks to move back into the first round if their is still a left tackle that they like left on the board. If they don't like the choices at tackle they will stay put with their picks in the second round.

4)Most experts have Henne being the second QB chosen with Brohm being the fourth. Brohm is best suited for a West Coast style offense so he isn't as good as a fit for us as Henne or Flacco.

5)When we draft a QB then expect a battle between Shockley and Harrington for the third QB spot. Looks like Shockley will be the odd man out and possible be put on the practice squad to give his knee more time to heal.

6)Falcons will get help at DL, CB, OL, and TE in this draft. They are already looking at alot of TE's.

7)Experts love the number of picks that the Falcons have and really expect Dimitroff to do a good job with the picks.

So how do we know Dorsey will be there at 3?!?

Well....If the Dolphins & Rams see J.Long as a RT....they may not be willing to draft him that high....so we could see Dorsey go in the first 2 picks...I don't think that will happen, but it could...

I have been saying for some time....the Falcons will trade back into the 1st Round not for a QB, but for a LT prospect....I like Williams, but would be fine with Otah or Clady