Congrats to UNC!

Bloodhoundz (4/6/2008)
Scott24Falcs (4/5/2008)
Congrats to Tyler Hansbrough for mastering the "throw your arms up in the air when contact is minimal," to draw a foul. 

Minimal? The game I saw Hansbrough was fouled a lot and thrown all over the place. They roughed him up tonight.

Nah, I'm talking about all the other games.  He got by doing that #### too much.  He's a great player though.

As much as I'd love to rub it in the faces of Tarhole fans, I find it hard to after the terrible season my Pack had. I think what hurt UNC is what usually hurts all the ACC teams that play in the tourny-the ACC plays a soft brand of basketball and the refs call way too many touch fouls in the ACC. Look at how many times UNC was looking for the foul to be called tonight when the Kansas got physical with them. Thats the way most of the rest of the country plays outside of the free throw happy ACC.

I've been calling this ##### all week-- Memphis and Kansas.

2 incredibly good offensive and defensive teams, total packages. Whereas UCLA and UNC are SOOO one dimensional and lack the athletes that both Kansas and Memphis have.

The Championship Game should be a great one, between the flat out 2 best teams in the land.

abe55 (4/6/2008)
this is going to be the worst championship game ever I'm not even going to watch it. I hate Kansas and i hate Memphis more a bunch of drunk ********.

You are crazy if you think this is going to be the worst championship game every. You act like both teams are boring.

Haha now Im going to win all of my brackets regardless (I had Tenn and Memphis in the championship.)

The only other people keeping up with me were the UNC fans (which, by law, are also pretty thick and sucked with their other picks) and all of the ladies/girlfriends/people that dont know anything about basketball that just always picked the higher seed and for some reason all had UCLA/North Carolina in the championship with UNC winning.

Ive been saying it since the beginning, smart money is on Memphis.

abe55 (4/6/2008)
this is going to be the worst championship game ever I'm not even going to watch it. I hate Kansas and i hate Memphis more a bunch of drunk ********.

WTF are you talking about? They're hands down the two best teams in the entire nation, and have been for the whole season. Should be one of the best Championship Games we've seen in years.

I'd much rather see the Gators blow out another opponent though:crying:

NCFalconfan (4/6/2008)
As much as I'd love to rub it in the faces of Tarhole fans, I find it hard to after the terrible season my Pack had. I think what hurt UNC is what usually hurts all the ACC teams that play in the tourny-the ACC plays a soft brand of basketball and the refs call way too many touch fouls in the ACC. Look at how many times UNC was looking for the foul to be called tonight when the Kansas got physical with them. Thats the way most of the rest of the country plays outside of the free throw happy ACC.

Maybe NCSU plays soft... that probably explains you guys being a pushover team since Julius Hodge graduated.

If anything I've seen the exact opposite. Stuff that wouldn't get called in conference games gets called OR the refs take over the game and don't allow anything to go by...both suck.

btrain5489 (4/6/2008)
NCFalconfan (4/6/2008)

Maybe NCSU plays soft... that probably explains you guys being a pushover team since Julius Hodge graduated.

If anything I've seen the exact opposite. Stuff that wouldn't get called in conference games gets called OR the refs take over the game and don't allow anything to go by...both suck.

Actually, NC State plays lazy and lacks a point guard-thats why we suck.

As for ACC officiating, Tyler Hansbrough broke the record for career trips to the free throw line EARLY this season (keep in mind, he did this in his Junior season). So he's used to being sent to the free throw line all the time. Last night UNC not only ran into a team that was bigger and more atheletic, but also a group of officials that didn't call all the ticky tack fouls that ACC teams are used to getting (although they did call an absurd amount of flops/bogus charging calls).