Heard earlier today on ESPN radio, Mel Kiper said......

kdkane79

That Joe Flacco will be the second QB drafted in this years draft.  Said he could go anywhere from 12-20.  I didn't know this guy stock was rising this much.  So for all of the people saying that they want Brohm and that he wouldn't last past a few teams around that range, maybe there is still a chance.  I would honestly like either one of these guys and now that his stock is rising, maybe one of them will make it to us.

Thoughts/Comments

Kiper also liked Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning. The guy doesn't know anything about QB's. And if he's right, great for the Falcons. That means Brohm, Henne, and Josh Johnson fall and the Falcons can pick one of them up in the 2nd round. But really, this just cracks me up. Much like Mel's hair.

maxatlanta (4/5/2008)
Flacco deserves to be rising. Everybody wants to talk smack about him, but if you actually watch a couple of his games you will see that he is a big time prospect.

i get what you mean.....but i dont see how brohm is slidein.....

maxatlanta (4/5/2008)
Flacco deserves to be rising.  Everybody wants to talk smack about him, but if you actually watch a couple of his games you will see that he is a big time prospect.

Not saying that he doesn't deserve to be rising but not above Henne and definitely not above Brohm. I'll shave my head if Flacco is drafted before Brohm. I'll post a pic, promise.

maxatlanta (4/5/2008)
Flacco deserves to be rising. Everybody wants to talk smack about him, but if you actually watch a couple of his games you will see that he is a big time prospect.

That only played out of the shotgun in college..... its going to be a HUGE transition from shotgun system in Division II to the NFL... i see him mirroring Andrew Walter

Petrino is NOT my hero (4/5/2008)
That only played out of the shotgun in college..... its going to be a HUGE transition from shotgun system in Division II to the NFL... i see him mirroring Andrew Walter

And that's likely a best case scenario for him, honestly.  Andrew Walter was a very good QB at Arizona State, playing against Division I-A talent.  He set the Pac-10 TD record before Matt Leinart shattered it.

And Flacco played Division I-AA ball, not Division II.

Carter (4/5/2008)
Wow... so now Kiper has the two biggest hype machine QBs in this draft slated as the first two taken?

Somehow I very much doubt this will happen. Flacco shouldn't go before Brohm or Henne under any circumstance.

I don't think it'll happen either, but then again, I've heard twice this last week from draft guru's (not Kiper) that Flacco is rising because a lot of teams see him being a guy a lot like Big Ben in Pittsburgh, but a little better passer.

Some teams are really liking him and moving him up their boards, while others are not as high on him.