id like stafford in next years draft, but

He will stay all four years.  That is the bottom line; he has not had lights out numbers the past two years.  Even if he does have a good year he will stay in college if he wants to be a good player in the NFL and not a bust.  He has only had three more touchdowns than picks in two years.  To add to that he has only had 54% comp. in two years not a great number to have.

matt_jennifer (4/5/2008)
He will stay all four years.  That is the bottom line; he has not had lights out numbers the past two years.  Even if he does have a good year he will stay in college if he wants to be a good player in the NFL and not a bust.  He has only had three more touchdowns than picks in two years.  To add to that he has only had 54% comp. in two years not a great number to have.

Yep. He played here in Dallas's Highland Park and doesn't need to come out early for the money.

joremari (4/5/2008)
stafford will likely be a first round pick when he comes out, possibly a top 10 pick if he stays all four years and wins a national championship.

First off....he won't win a National Championship....secondly, he is too inconsistent with his play, which right now I would put him at a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick....Let's see what he does this year, before we start hyping him as a top 10 pick.

as a freshman and a sophomore I have seen all I need to see about the potential of the guy.

He is poise, strong armed, and accurate.  He has been rushed relentlessly and stood in there and took the pounding.  From here he will get better. 

I think he will come out as a JR. because Georgia will win the SEC and the National Championship.  That's right I said it.  This is the year for the bulldogs.

Will we have a chance to get him.  I think so. with a 7-9 or 6-10 record we will be in the top 10 in picks.

just watch people we are not going after a QB! just watch! we will be building the defense and offensive lines for the next two years.

we will have to replace brooking and milloy over the next 2 years so I think our top picks will still go to the defense.

there really is no rush.  If we draft a guy this year or next and we don't have our line in place, all that we will do is crush his confidence.  Then we will have a highly drafted david carr on our hands.  once they start to see the rush its very hard to get it out of their minds.

I am not sold that we are not going to build the lines and get a veteran QB to come in and manage the game for us 2 years down the line.

lets wait to see what he does this year is a joke. Matt Ryan did nothing his junior year.  before petrino came to atlanta, brohm was the top guy and now after a 19 INT season, ryan is a top 5 pick. 

stafford led his team to a BCS bowl game and victory while ryan did what?

stafford is ready to play in prime time college ball and after next year he will be ready to play on sundays.

He might come out, I don't honestly know his family situation or what he thinks about entering the draft early, or if he wants to stay and compete for a championship as a senior. As it is, though, he has a great deal to work on and his performance as a whole has not been spectacular, especially against the SEC. He has the talent to be the top pick in the 2009 or 2010 draft if he can pull it all together, amazing arm with ideal size and mobility and a winner's mentality, but it's far to early to crown him.

trubirdfan4life (4/5/2008)
lets wait to see what he does this year is a joke. Matt Ryan did nothing his junior year.  before petrino came to atlanta, brohm was the top guy and now after a 19 INT season, ryan is a top 5 pick. 

stafford led his team to a BCS bowl game and victory while ryan did what?

stafford is ready to play in prime time college ball and after next year he will be ready to play on sundays.

WOW! did he really beat hawaii?!!!!!!!!:w00t:

matt_jennifer (4/5/2008)

Ok I agree he should stay 4 years. As a Bulldog fan I hope so. But to list his stats as two year totals is really misleading and you knew that when you wrote it. Very few people come into the SEC and play QB as a true freshman. And even fewer do it without taking some lumps as Stafford did. Lets look at the seasons separately:

2006- Yards- 1,749: TDs- 7 Int- 13: Comp. %- 52.7%

2007- Yards- 2,523: TDs- 19 : Int- 10: Comp. %- 55.7%

Stafford improved in every category and is 2-0 in bowl games. 2-0 against Tech. 2-0 against Auburn. Pretty good teams.

BTW, lets look at the stats for this Henne guy everyone's talking about being "the answer" and "da future" compared to Stafford's SOPH season.

Henne 2007- Yards- 1,938: TDs- 17 Int- 9: Comp. %- 58.3%

Stafford was better in 2 of those 4 and only 1 behind in INTs and 3 % in comp. %, again in his SOPH season. That did not cost anyone nothing, it was free

brianf (4/5/2008)
matt_jennifer (4/5/2008)

Ok I agree he should stay 4 years. As a Bulldog fan I hope so. But to list his stats as two year totals is really misleading and you knew that when you wrote it. Very few people come into the SEC and play QB as a true freshman. And even fewer do it without taking some lumps as Stafford did. Lets look at the seasons separately:

Stafford improved in every category and is 2-0 in bowl games. 2-0 against Tech. 2-0 against Auburn. Pretty good teams.

BTW, lets look at the stats for this Henne guy everyone's talking about being "the answer" and "da future" compared to Stafford's SOPH season.

Stafford was better in 2 of those 4 and only 1 behind in INTs and 3 % in comp. %, again in his SOPH season. That did not cost anyone nothing, it was free

i like the way u think

brianf (4/5/2008)
matt_jennifer (4/5/2008)

i like the way u think