one side of the ball that people seem to be forgetting that we struggled for a long time is..

da snowman

SPECIAL TEAMS....we sucked very bad the last couple of years..we even gave tampa bay there first touchdown on special teams. that really left a bad taste in my mouth and its really embarrasing to be in a bar watching the game holding your breath everytime the falcons kickoff because there could be a chance everytime we kick off that the other team returns a touchdown..what players make up special teams because ive never known..i know its linbackers and ive seen fullbacks, but my question is why the heck are offensive players playing on special teams?

da snowman (4/5/2008)
SPECIAL TEAMS....we sucked very bad the last couple of years..we even gave tampa bay there first touchdown on special teams. that really left a bad taste in my mouth and its really embarrasing to be in a bar watching the game holding your breath everytime the falcons kickoff because there could be a chance everytime we kick off that the other team returns a touchdown..what players make up special teams because ive never known..i know its linbackers and ive seen fullbacks, but my question is why the heck are offensive players playing on special teams?
The majority of teams have their 5th WR playing ST's, backup FB's playing ST's, & even some OL who are fast enough can play some ST's.

bossFALCON (4/5/2008)
a lot of teams allowed return touchdowns last year. i think the colts had the worst covering special teams in the league. i do want a new returner though, or we could just leave norwood back there.:)

im talking about on the defensive side of special teams(kicking the ball off to the opposing team).

da snowman (4/5/2008)
bossFALCON (4/5/2008)
a lot of teams allowed return touchdowns last year. i think the colts had the worst covering special teams in the league. i do want a new returner though, or we could just leave norwood back there.:)

im talking about on the defensive side of special teams(kicking the ball off to the opposing team).

thats what im talking about. the only time i said something about the "offensive side" of special teams was my last sentence.

IMO till last year we were always decent to good on special teams.

Also keep in mind alot of guys that started more often were hurt, im sure that means more playing time for all the guys on special teams that were not starters and maybe just a

special teamer that was now seeing more playtime than normal

on their respective sides of the ball. im sure that meant that players

who didnt regularly play alot of special teams were now giving time to ST.

starters were tired and over worked and backups were either now starters or

probably overworked. Im sure we had a "more tired" team than normal last year

and emotion does play a part of physicality with all the On and OFF the field antics of last

year im not surprised of our record. with a better GM and Coach this year with better

players like Turner in place and Some immediate help coming ( 6 picks in the first 3 rounds )

this team could gell by the end of next year and either be fighting for a playoff spot

or are on the cusp of being a good team and "on a roll" for the next season.

im excited

darthfalconus (4/5/2008)

Also keep in mind alot of guys that started more often were hurt, im sure that means more playing time for all the guys on special teams that were not starters and maybe just a

and emotion does play a part of physicality with all the On and OFF the field antics of last

year im not surprised of our record. with a better GM and Coach this year with better

players like Turner in place and Some immediate help coming ( 6 picks in the first 3 rounds )

this team could gell by the end of next year and either be fighting for a playoff spot

im excited

why did you type it like that?

bossFALCON (4/5/2008)
darthfalconus (4/5/2008)

im excited

Dude wanted to type it a special way i guess...lol.....

but yea... i cant wait to see what norwood does this year on kick return duty..... i really think he will be used like Maurice Jones-Drew

bossFALCON (4/5/2008)
darthfalconus (4/5/2008)

im excited

thats what im sayin.