Josh Johnson

http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/draftguys...b?autoplay=true

"He's gone from a late round prospect to a likely first-day pick, and it's no fluke: Josh Johnson can play. This QB from San Diego is the NCAA's all-time leader in passing efficiency, and he also happens to be the best athlete at the position. Johnson won the MVP of the Shrine Game, and we'll show the practices leading up to the game to break down why he's a big-time prospect in the NFL."

Check out this vid on Josh Johnson. Most in depth analysis I've seen on him

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

busboyisback (4/4/2008)
He's gone from a late round prospect to a likely first-day pick, and it's no fluke: Josh Johnson can play. This QB from San Diego is the NCAA's all-time leader in passing efficiency, and he also happens to be the best athlete at the position. Johnson won the MVP of the Shrine Game, and we'll show the practices leading up to the game to break down why he's a big-time prospect in the NFL.

average arm....in our system...no

busboyisback (4/4/2008)
Mike Heuertz (4/4/2008)

Yeah he can't run the play where we throw the ball 70 yards down the field. :w00t:

what?....one thing....we will never draft another guy like MV... the next thing is that he has an average arm and he needs strength to get in to spots down field which he doesnt have....

Mike Heuertz (4/4/2008)
what?....one thing....we will never draft another guy like MV... the next thing is that he has an average arm and he needs strength to get in to spots down field which he doesnt have....

He's a dual threat QB but he's nothing like Michael Vick.

That's like saying every pocket QB is alike. So Joey Harrington compares to Peyton Manning.

Josh Johnson is the only dual threat QB to ever be trained in college with a pass first mentality and the only one to be prepared in a pro style offense learning how to make pro style reads, read coverage, etc.

The guy has shown the ability to deliver the ball 50+ yards down the field to hit his man in stride. The ball comes out of his hands quickly and on target on short to deep intermediate routes.

Im sure you didn't even watch the video before hijacking this thread. Watch that Post pattern and tell me he has a noodle arm

Mike Heuertz (4/4/2008)
true but he just doesnt have the arm...

Pocket poise, decision making, and accuracy are all more important than arm strength.

Otherwise teams would just draft guys with the strongest arm.

Josh Johnson's arm strength is more than sufficient. His arm is just as good if not better than several prospects in this class including Ainge, Booty, etc. In fact, the guy who's touted as the #1 QB in this class doesn't even have the greatest of arm strength.

And where are you getting this notion that Josh Johnson doesn't have an arm. Again he's delivered the ball 50+ yards down the field to hit a receiver in stride. Maybe he'll under throw a guy 65 yards down the field but how often is a play like that ran?

The arm strength argument strikes again!

Funny thing though... Johnson has plenty of arm strength.  He's not going to bomb out at 70 yard pass like Flacco or Russell or Vick, but he's not going to come up short on 40-50 yard downfield throws.

Seriously.... you only need to worry about ridiculous arm strength if you're looking forward to your QB throwing a bunch of Hail Mary's.  It's rare that an actual pass is required to go further than 40-50 yards.

I am glad that someone else has found some stuff on this guy.  I have had him in my mocks going in the third and people deceided to flame me.  The kid is for real.  We can draft him and watch him perform for the next 10+ years or he can go to the Sucs and we can watch him beat us and then ##### about the front office f-ing the draft up with not getting him when no one on here really wanted him to be a Falcon anyways!

Dr Reality (4/4/2008)
Too much riding on the pick And too much risk involved. No.

I think that's what everyone's trying to come to here, even though some people just don't like him I sure wouldn't want him in the second. I'd love Brohm there but if we didn't get him and ended up with johnson at our 3rd (either one) or even fourth of he dropped that far then I would love it.

And frankly if Harrington can be a QB in the NFL, no matter how bad he is, than Johnson has more than enough arm strength.

Matthew Pritts (4/5/2008)
Just say no to projects.

All draft picks are "projects"... especially QBs.  I would really like to know what QB you think is a sure fire hit to be successful from day one - regardless of who selects them.

This isn't free agency... it's the draft.  You know... where teams select players from college who have ZERO experience in the NFL.

MAN WE NEED THIS GUY!!! OMG!!! It's funny because during the Draft scouts love the measure and glamorize intangibles until obvious skill and talent become borish and secondary to who COULD BE REALLY GOOD!...another thing is NFL Teams are now highly aware of Josh and guys like me & Bus and some more cats on this board have been talking about him all year long!!! HE WILL BE GONE BY THE BOTTOM OF THE 2ND!!!! He's gotta more upside than all the QBs that came out of the 2nd Round last year...and the year before that...

I want this guy badly, I don't care what your level of competition was, when you throw 43 TD's to 1 INT you are a good QB. Not to mention he can run, and has 4.4 speed, and from the looks of it he is a great leader, and a team oriented guy. If we took him with one of our second rounders I would not be angry.

Mike Heuertz (4/4/2008)
busboyisback (4/4/2008)
He's gone from a late round prospect to a likely first-day pick, and it's no fluke: Josh Johnson can play. This QB from San Diego is the NCAA's all-time leader in passing efficiency, and he also happens to be the best athlete at the position. Johnson won the MVP of the Shrine Game, and we'll show the practices leading up to the game to break down why he's a big-time prospect in the NFL.

Harrington has a below average arm and he has a job. Why not JJ?

Good post man! Johnson will definetly be a franchise qb for us if we give him the chance, I really hope we draft him I dont care which round of course not first but any round after that for sure

busboyisback (4/4/2008)

"He's gone from a late round prospect to a likely first-day pick, and it's no fluke: Josh Johnson can play. This QB from San Diego is the NCAA's all-time leader in passing efficiency, and he also happens to be the best athlete at the position. Johnson won the MVP of the Shrine Game, and we'll show the practices leading up to the game to break down why he's a big-time prospect in the NFL."

Check out this vid on Josh Johnson. Most in depth analysis I've seen on him

i keep saying that this kid is the best qb in this draft. i just hope our new gm and new hc don't pass on this kid because they will be eating crow along with all the other doubters on this message board if they do pass on this kid.

Dr Reality (4/4/2008)
Too much riding on the pick And too much risk involved. No.
it's a risk if you draft a kid who doesn't bring and maintain that same intensitive level that got him to this point. they're going up against the best so if they become intimidate or overpowered at the next level they would loss that swagger and it will be a let down for the team who drafted him:ask jamaal anderson! josh johnson is hungry and he has been proving his critics wrong and he will continue to prove them wrong i just hope it's not the falcons.