I was for drafting Henne, but

brianf

I actually looked over his stat closely, and he only had 2 good games his whole senior year. Some people say, look at what he done against Florida, I think it was a fluke. His stats absolutely stink. Drafting him over Woodson is crazy. Woodson's stats in the SEC were great. He led Kentucky into contention, Henne led the perennial superpower Michigan to a loss against Appalachian St. And Woodson is so much smarter. Woodson in the 3rd over Henne in the 2nd is my thoughts.

Henne and Flacco are two late bloomers also courtesy of guys like Mayock

Funny how people question Woodson's delivery when Henne has an inordinate amount of questions around him like his footwork under pressure, how he burps the baby, his completion percentage under 60 % which does not have the greatest translation of success at the next level and is especially underwhelming considering the talent he had around him at his career at UM.

Henne was incredibly inconsistent over his career.

Raising his stock because of the Senior Bowl and torching Uf's porous pass defense is not justified.

Scott24Falcs (4/4/2008)
I absolutely agree Brian.  Although my hope is that we can get Brian Brohm, I'd much rather get Woodson in the 3rd, as opposed to Henne in the early second.

And we wouldn't have to give up any extra picks for him great pick in the third if he's still there

busboyisback (4/4/2008)
Henne and Flacco are two late bloomers also courtesy of guys like Mayock

Funny how people question Woodson's delivery when Henne has an inordinate amount of questions around him like his footwork under pressure, how he burps the baby, his completion percentage under 60 % which does not have the greatest translation of success at the next level and is especially underwhelming considering the talent he had around him at his career at UM.

Henne was incredibly inconsistent over his career.

Raising his stock because of the Senior Bowl and torching Uf's porous pass defense is not justified.

Amen! Just watch that sloppy mudfest against Ohio State. It hammers home the point. The dude had so much quality around him. Even my wounded sparrow, wobbly throwing you-know-what could pull off a victory over Appalachian State. Behind that line! With those receivers! He reminds me of a little bit less dimestore version of Elvis Grbac.

You guys are totally wrong. This guy will be a very good QB in the NFL. He has played thru injury,sure he has lost games but Michigan was not as talened as you think.

Without Henne they would have been about 3 and 9. Don't let fans fool you this guy is a big time player.

If  the Falcons don't take a chance on him and he turns out to be the next Tom Brady. How will you feel?????????????

MICHIGAN PRODUCES BIG TIME QB'S................

I am a lifelong Michigan fan................ and i'll tell everyone I am praying we don't end up with Chad.

While in college he was ok (he had a strong supporting cast his entire career, Mr Edwards who he clung to like a baby with a blanket, Mr Hart who in college had amazing numbers and Mr Long who in college if ya threw a toss to his side you knew you would end up with at least 6 yards, while in the NFL he will be lost on the left side, or so i think)

But with players like Brian B, a consistant QB with a lower lever supporting squad, or Mr Flacco or Johnson, the numbers don't lie for either of them, both will be good Qbs if brought along slowly and allowed to mature.

We have a run first offense for the next 2 years at least, let's get the right QB!

The amount of info on the internet and radio is volumous and everyone has an opinion.  But the reality is that no one has a clue what DT is thinking and I appreciate that.  He's been one cool customer to this point and he's learned from some of the best.  I think our QB will Brohm.

I have concerns about him, but none that would keep me from fully welcoming him to the team.  I don't think he's much better than Redman, but he's young and has a lot of experience running a similar offense at the college level to what he would be running here.

Not giving a full endorsement, but I would definitely accept him as a Falcon and hope he develops into our franchise guy. 

As long as we don't take Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco, I think I can be happy.

Matthew Pritts (4/5/2008)
Funny how people think 87TD's-37INT's and 9700 yds. in a pro-style offense who was a 4-yr.starter and won 33 gamesis reason NOT to draft someone.

Only on the Atlanta Falcons MB.

its even better when they state that Flacco, who had so-so stats for the record, is a better option because he had less talent around him... or Josh Johson for that matter... when they were playing against 2nd tier talent their whole careers.... All this stuff is complete BS... Henne has proven to be as tough as a QB can be.. has a good release... rocket arm... makes good decisions (as you can see with his TD-INT being over a 2:1 ratio).... the fact that you are basing him on his senior is wrong... he got completely healthy during the Florida game and stayed through the senior bowl... and it showed... And its laughable that all the sudden people in this topic are talking like Florida is a horrible team and that game meant nothing... i mean they didn't just win the national title the year before and aren't in the SEC... please...

HENNE IS THE PICK! BRING EM HOME TD!

Petrino is NOT my hero (4/5/2008)
Matthew Pritts (4/5/2008)
Funny how people think 87TD's-37INT's and 9700 yds. in a pro-style offense who was a 4-yr.starter and won 33 gamesis reason NOT to draft someone.

Only on the Atlanta Falcons MB.

its even better when they state that Flacco, who had so-so stats for the record, is a better option because he had less talent around him... or Josh Johson for that matter... when they were playing against 2nd tier talent their whole careers.... All this stuff is complete BS... Henne has proven to be as tough as a QB can be.. has a good release... rocket arm... makes good decisions (as you can see with his TD-INT being over a 2:1 ratio).... the fact that you are basing him on his senior is wrong... he got completely healthy during the Florida game and stayed through the senior bowl... and it showed... And its laughable that all the sudden people in this topic are talking like Florida is a horrible team and that game meant nothing... i mean they didn't just win the national title the year before and aren't in the SEC... please...

Yeah.Flacco inthe1st or early 2nd is a a huge gamble. I thnk the thing is what they are worth where you pick them. Johnson is ok if its like in the 4th. Henne has just shown a great deal of inconsistency in my eyes.

Petrino is NOT my hero (4/5/2008)

The only thing I want to address in this post is your assessment that Florida had a great team because they won the title a year earlier and play in the SEC.  It's bogus.

Florida's defense was far from brilliant in 2007.  And winning the title for the 2006 season means nothing at all when most of the impact players no longer play for the team.

Not taking anything away from Henne or Michigan... I fully expected Florida to crush them.  Henne was very solid in the game, but if you think the 2007 Florida Gators were  the 2006 Florida Gators then you don't know what you're talking about at all.

Shanny (4/4/2008)
You guys are totally wrong. This guy will be a very good QB in the NFL. He has played thru injury,sure he has lost games but Michigan was not as talened as you think.

Without Henne they would have been about 3 and 9. Don't let fans fool you this guy is a big time player.

If  the Falcons don't take a chance on him and he turns out to be the next Tom Brady. How will you feel?????????????

Who are they ? Please name these big time QB's.

Since 1990 there have been 7 QB's from Michigan in the NFL.

Elvis Grbac, Todd Collins, Brian Griese, Scott Dreisbach, Tom Brady, Drew Henson, and John Navarre.

Now I'll give ya Tom Brady, he's a big time QB. Everyone else on that list is a straight up scrub, and if Brady hadn't gone to Michigan, you would avoid that school like the plague when looking for a franchise QB.

So please stop with the propaganda about Michigan QB's, you're killing me with laughter over here.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::hehe:

Shanny (4/4/2008)

Who are they ? Please name these big time QB's.

Since 1990 there have been 7 QB's from Michigan in the NFL.

Elvis Grbac, Todd Collins, Brian Griese, Scott Dreisbach, Tom Brady, Drew Henson, and John Navarre.

Now I'll give ya Tom Brady, he's a big time QB. Everyone else on that list is a straight up scrub, and if Brady hadn't gone to Michigan, you would avoid that school like the plague when looking for a franchise QB.

So please stop with the propaganda about Michigan QB's, you're killing me with laughter over here.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::hehe: