game memories from the past

What is your favorite falcons game memory?......NFC champs?....nah for me when we had a fight break out in our own huddle on national tv...priceless...at least in the day our team had b__ls and every team knew that they would be hit hard and often.

Mine was I think it was Gerald Riggs plowing over a Bronco defender. Just stuck his head down and knocked the dude out of the way. Helmet to stomach contact. Think it was 84 maybe 83. I had to watch the halftime reports as this was back in the day of no cable and no updates during the aired game. Another was Bart throwing a bomb in the last minute of the game versus Green Bay to win the game. Lynn Dickey was QB for the Packers. Cant remember who Bart threw it to though. I was around 8 years old. I was actually praying to God with my Falcons helmet and pennant on the coffee table!

some of my favorite recent memories are:

the 74 yard touchdown pass to laurent robinson

norwoods breakaway runs against the redskins(?), cards and giants

the 4th qtr touchdown catch by crump against carolina with like 20 secs remaining i think

roddy white going over 1,000 yards receiving

the signing of michael turner (there was like 108 posters active on here waiting for about 3 days for updates until he was finally signed)

vick rushing for over 1,000 yards

boleys sacks of peyton manning (wasnt it like 3 in a row? i was at the game just dont remember)

some of my worst recent memories are:

the day vick pleaded guilty

the day petrino quit on us (that was probably the most upset i've ever been about football)

the releases of crump, dunn and coleman and the trading of hall (even though it was probably the right thing for the team it was hard to see them go)

watching that hail mary get caught for a TD right before halftime against the saints

both 2007 tampa games (EXTREMELY tough to watch)

bossFALCON (4/4/2008)

the 4th qtr touchdown catch by crump against carolina with like 20 secs remaining i think

the signing of michael turner (there was like 108 posters active on here waiting for about 3 days for updates until he was finally signed)

boleys sacks of peyton manning (wasnt it like 3 in a row? i was at the game just dont remember)

the day petrino quit on us (that was probably the most upset i've ever been about football)

the releases of crump, dunn and coleman and the trading of hall (even though it was probably the right thing for the team it was hard to see them go)

watching that hail mary get caught for a TD right before halftime against the saints

how could you not include the Super Bowl against the broncos in the worst. I was so mad I went outside and yelled up at the sky as loud as I could. My wife was afraid to talk to me until the next morning.

bossFALCON (4/4/2008)

yeah, that was 3 straight sacks by boley

mrs falcon (4/4/2008)
My favorite game memory was the feeling I had walking into the steeler game, in our dome, beside all those screaming, yellow towel waving steeler fans and walking out screaming, beside all those quiet, non-towel waving steeler fans..... Priceless!!

Now that WAS a LOTTA fun! :laugh: They were talking so much trash and then after Mort's kick, they were quiet as church mice.

I and my family were at that 9ers game also. I remeber Renaldo Skeets Nehamiah ( sp?)getting knocked out by Kenny Johnson on a hit. That was a hit! 

BUT one of my favorite games was the following week against the Packers. Falcons losing 21-0 after first quarter. Behind Mike Morsoski at QB, the falcons fought back. With time running out,Kenny Johnson interecepts ball and runs it in for a TD and we tie the game at 41 all! Then on our first or second? defensive stand in OT. Kenny Johnson intercepts the ball and runs in to win it! 47 to 41 final! This is one of MANY!