OMG ESPN finally gives the Falcons some love

Dirtybird

formul8or (4/4/2008)
That article has two big problems.  It claims Atlanta is a baseball town(we can't even sellout playoff games) and that we are the least talented NFC South team, but I don't know what makes Carolina better...seriously they suck.
ESPN probably thinks their 7th round pick will be better then anything we will have on our roster.

IHateThe Cowboys! (4/4/2008)
It is a baseball town. Selling out the stadium has nothing to do with it. and I doubt we sellout one game for the Falcons this year.

The stadium will definately sell out for most of the games. Whether some seats will have to be covered to achieve the sellout, however, is the question...

BlacksburgHokie (4/4/2008)
It is a baseball town. Selling out the stadium has nothing to do with it. and I doubt we sellout one game for the Falcons this year.

The stadium will definately sell out for most of the games. Whether some seats will have to be covered to achieve the sellout, however, is the question...

LOL...yeah the Cowboys do that here. Fake sellouts. Give 10,000 seats to one elem school and call it a sellout...funny.

Have u fell and bump your **** head?

formul8or (4/4/2008)
That article has two big problems.  It claims Atlanta is a baseball town(we can't even sellout playoff games) and that we are the least talented NFC South team, but I don't know what makes Carolina better...seriously they suck.

I really liked this comment that was posted from a Falcons fan from Texas regarding said article:

Atlanta is a baseball town, only because the Braves bring excitement and hope. Something the Falcons haven't done in a while. But make no mistake about it, football is still the biggest sport in the Southeast, and if you have any doubts, drive 90 miles east of Atlanta and see Sanford stadium on a Saturday home game. When the Falcons turn this thing around, it will become a true Football city in the likes of Dallas, Pittsburg, and Green Bay. They just need some repeat success and not inconsistant seasons.

I totally agree with this. If Coach Smitty can get the Falcons to become a consistent team the fans will come because, of course, fans like winning.

Heck, if Smith can put together the first back-to-back winning season, then he'll probably go down as the best coach in Falcons history.

formul8or (4/4/2008)

Atlant is a baseball town.It is also a college football town.Everything doesnt boil down to tickets.The falcons win and it will be a profootball town.They have sold out the vast majority of playoff games at the ted.A day game with some standing room only left doesnt mean atlanta isnt a baseball town.

LOL...yeah the Cowboys do that here. Fake sellouts. Give 10,000 seats to one elem school and call it a sellout...funny.

You must hate the Cowboys

Much like the Arizona Cardinals, the Falcons will become a team that sports writers will root for.

Lets face it, the Falcons are going from a new school hype over substance franchise to an old school all steak no sizzle team. Deep down, most writers are purist and want to see that old school is still the best way.

Whether or not that is true means nothing to me.  I truly believe that the new regime is headed down a path that built the Steelers.  I just hope and pray that Blank's vision is farsighted enough to see that.

TGeezy (4/4/2008)

You must hate the Cowboys

More and more with each passing day. Try living in Dallas and be a fan of any other team...not easy!