Just what is a QB snob?

capATL

I'm sure most of have heard the quote "I'm a quarterback snob." TD said this on a local radio show in Atlanta shortly after being hired. To be honest, I am not really sure what he meant.

One way to interpret it is that we are going to settle for nothing short of getting the best QB in this draft. You don't settle for the second best.

Another interpretation may be that if the prototypical/elite/franchise QB is not available we just won't get one.

Does anyone have any additional insights.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

capATL (4/4/2008)
I'm sure most of have heard the quote "I'm a quarterback snob." TD said this on a local radio show in Atlanta shortly after being hired. To be honest, I am not really sure what he meant.

One way to interpret it is that we are going to settle for nothing short of getting the best QB in this draft. You don't settle for the second best.

Another interpretation may be that if the prototypical/elite/franchise QB is not available we just won't get one.

Does anyone have any additional insights.

If he doesn't draft one after seeing the shape our QB situation is in, if I was Arthur I would show him his walking papers right after the draft.

brendyne (4/4/2008)
I'd say the second of the two you suggested. If the QB we want isnt there, then don't take one.
He better take one.

TD is on a short-leash w/me. Especially if he doesn't even take a QB. I want him gone if he does that and I'll boycott the team until he is either gone or he rectifies the situation.

greyhawk (4/4/2008)
Another interpretation could be is that he's not going to be stampeded into taking a QB just to satisfy some fans.
Any fan w/eyes can see our QB situation is not conducive to winning FB games consistently.

I would hope TD isn't as short-sighted as some of you are on here when it comes to the most important position on the field.

Matthew Pritts (4/4/2008)
brendyne (4/4/2008)
I'd say the second of the two you suggested. If the QB we want isnt there, then don't take one.
He better take one.

TD is on a short-leash w/me. Especially if he doesn't even take a QB. I want him gone if he does that and I'll boycott the team until he is either gone or he rectifies the situation.

Honestly, i couldn't care if you did.

If he builds the o-line our QB(s) should have much more success.

Great minds must think alike. I have been stuck on that

from the minute he uttered the words. I have come to the

conclusion that he thinks he is "the man" who can find them.

He will take his own counsel on the subject and when he finds

his man he will move to get him. He may not move this year for this

very reason. That is my take on it.

LADBABY (4/4/2008)

Then he deserves to be fired if the latter part comes to pass.

And I will make a thread on here calling for his instant firing and I will boycott the team.

brendyne (4/4/2008)Honestly, i couldn't care if you did.

If he builds the o-line our QB(s) should have much more success.

That's fine if you don't care, but I do.

And if you think our current crop of QB's are the answer even w/a better O-line then I have some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you b/c they're NOT!

And you can take your QB and build the line around him in the same draft.

LADBABY (4/4/2008)

Then he deserves to be fired if the latter part comes to pass.

And I will make a thread on here calling for his instant firing and I will boycott the team.

If the right guy is not there it is quicker to wait. TD may have

his eye on a specific underclassman. What do we know?

LADBABY (4/4/2008)If the right guy is not there it is quicker to wait. TD may have

It is an extremely poor draft strategy to pin your hopes on an underclassmen QB that may or may not come out early. B/c if he doesn't, it's gonna backfire and you're held back at least 3 years. And if that is truly TD's thinking, that's all the more reason for him to be shown the door.

LADBABY (4/4/2008)If the right guy is not there it is quicker to wait. TD may have

It is an extremely poor draft strategy to pin your hopes on an underclassmen QB that may or may not come out early. B/c if he doesn't, it's gonna backfire and you're held back at least 3 years. And if that is truly TD's thinking, that's all the more reason for him to be shown the door.

And its an even worse strategy to draft a QB just to be drafting one.

falkonX7 (4/4/2008)
you boycott the team and you start all the threads you want asking for TD's head. I'm sure that will get the job done.

some of you crack me up.

Just how I feel.

I'm very strongly opinionated when it comes to QB's and that I feel you can't win consistently w/o a franchise guy behind center. And to neglect the position when it is in of dire as need as it is here would just be asinine and short-sighted. YOu never neglect the QB position. It's the most impt. position on the field.

To quote the judge on My Cousin Vinnie, "Are you on drugs?"

You seem awfully emotional about something that may possibly

occur.

greyhawk (4/4/2008)
TD was the head of evaulating college talent. Don't you think he just might know a little bit more that you about the crop of QB's this year and next year?
WRONG!

You don't neglect the QB position when it's in need. ANd it's in dire need here.

YOu guys wanna keep losing? Don't draft a QB this year.

YOu wanna win consistently in about 2 years; you'll draft one this year, let him sit a year or close to it, then put him in.

greyhawk (4/4/2008)
TD was the head of evaulating college talent. Don't you think he just might know a little bit more that you about the crop of QB's this year and next year?
The crop of QB's next year is very poor.

THis year's crop is being underrated and mis-evaluated by "experts b/c of the Ryan love. THere are 2 definite franchise QB's in this draft in Henne and Brohm and Ryan I think will be servicable but not as good as those two.

If, and I stress if, Flacco pans out, he'd also be franchise caliber.

Being a Qb snob means you grade them VERY harshly.  When you see someone and they don't measure up, you don't take them.  VERY VERY VERY particular who you draft.

This year?  I don't think there is a "special" Qb.  I think Joe Flacco is a BIG risk. I think that Brian Brohm will be a good Qb.  I think that Matt Ryan can show flashes of greatness.

Honestly, I think that Josh Johnson is probably the best prospect for this offense.

LADBABY (4/4/2008)

To quote the judge on My Cousin Vinnie, "Are you on drugs?"

You seem awfully emotional about something that may possibly

occur.

Like I told faclonX7, I'm very vocal when it comes to believing that you don't win consistently w/o a franchise QB behind center. To neglect the position just to do so would be incredibly short-sighted and asinine.

greyhawk (4/4/2008)
WRONG!

You don't neglect the QB position when it's in need. ANd it's in dire need here.

YOu guys wanna keep losing? Don't draft a QB this year.

YOu wanna win consistently in about 2 years; you'll draft one this year, let him sit a year or close to it, then put him in.

No one has said NOT to draft a QB this year, just draft the right one for the system.