matt ryan is just an overhyped ken dorsey...

da snowman

look at what ken did when he was at miami..he had a great record as a starter, dont remember the stats his senior year, but for some reason i thought he was a sure fire 2nd rounder at the leasts.. last time i remember, i thought he was the backup or 3rd stringer for the 49ers..i hope we dont make this mistake by investing all this money into  matt ryan.

da snowman (4/4/2008)
look at what ken did when he was at miami..he had a great record as a starter, dont remember the stats his senior year, but for some reason i thought he was a sure fire 2nd rounder at the leasts.. last time i remember, i thought he was the backup or 3rd stringer for the 49ers..i hope we dont make this mistake by investing all this money into matt ryan.

That Miami team was absolutely loaded on offense and defense. I don't remember him being regarded as an "elite" or even a "very good" QB - he was selected with the 26th pick in the 7th round. His success was based almost entirely on the people he had around him.

Some of the top names on that team:

Shockey

Portis

Andre Johnson

Gore

Wilfork

Winslow

Parish

Jennings

McGahee

Rolle

Sean Taylor

Vilma

Reed

DJ Williams

about the worst comparison out there. it truly shows it is nothing more than Ryan hate.

Miami had better offensive players on the bench when Dorsey was there than Ryan had to work with in BC.

If we take Ryan @ 3, this site will be unbearable with all the whiners......

And just a FYI, HEAD COACH Mike Smith said after seeing Ryan, he feels "he is as good as advertised"

1989fan (4/4/2008)
about the worst comparison out there. it truly shows it is nothing more than Ryan hate.

Miami had better offensive players on the bench when Dorsey was there than Ryan had to work with in BC.

And just a FYI, HEAD COACH Mike Smith said after seeing Ryan, he feels "he is as good as advertised"

there is no hate whatsoever..he just has too many question marks about his game to make him a top 3 pick in my opinion..jarcmarcus russell didnt have that many questions about his game last year to make him the first pick..there has to be a reason why sports critics are sayin that brohm is a better more franchise QB then ryan is..if yall dont see that, then something is wrong. if ryan was a sure fire great QB, his position in the draft would not be questioned by anyone..and the last thing yall have to remember and im sure yall know this by now, college skills dont translate to the nfl all the time..see matt leinhart..he had the surrounding players at usc, and now he even has a great surrounding of players in arizona, yet, he's not living up to his draft status..

da snowman (4/4/2008)
look at what ken did when he was at miami..he had a great record as a starter, dont remember the stats his senior year, but for some reason i thought he was a sure fire 2nd rounder at the leasts.. last time i remember, i thought he was the backup or 3rd stringer for the 49ers..i hope we dont make this mistake by investing all this money into  matt ryan.

come to think of it, that's an excellent comparison.......

I hope you're wrong however, because as much as I hate the idea of it, I have a sinking feeling that he will be a Falcon......

da snowman (4/4/2008)
1989fan (4/4/2008)

there is no hate whatsoever..he just has too many question marks about his game to make him a top 3 pick in my opinion..jarcmarcus russell didnt have that many questions about his game last year to make him the first pick..there has to be a reason why sports critics are sayin that brohm is a better more franchise QB then ryan is..if yall dont see that, then something is wrong. if ryan was a sure fire great QB, his position in the draft would not be questioned by anyone..and the last thing yall have to remember and im sure yall know this by now, college skills dont translate to the nfl all the time..see matt leinhart..he had the surrounding players at usc, and now he even has a great surrounding of players in arizona, yet, he's not living up to his draft status..

I'm not trying to argue - but who are the "experts" that have Brohm ahead of Ryan and what are the questions about Ryan's game?  I haven't heard anything like that, but I'm certainly not in the "loop"....maybe that's what's wrong.