Falsons would like to trade down, GBN Report.

Draftnut57

Falcons look to be stuck with 3rd pick& Like most other teams with high picks at the 2008 draft, Atlanta, which has the 3rd selection overall, would like to trade the pick and move down several spots in exchange for additional selections. Through this week s league meetings, though, the Falcons have not had any calls acquiring about the pick. According to Falcons G.M. Thomas Dimitroff the team is still open to a trade and expects some trade options to present themselves as the draft nears. The Falcons, which also have the 34th and 37th picks overall, also haven t ruled out trading one of their early second round picks.

The best thing I think that could take place in this draft is for us to trade dwon with maybe KC who is #5 and then us to take Ellis , The bad news is that I am now thinking that the person KC wants will be gone which is Jake Long , I'd say it will be Jake and Dorsey with the first two picks , if this is true and we can't trade down a few I still hope we take the safest pick in the draft IMO , and it is Ellis . And I promise you we would not regret that pick , The thing I would be so unhappy with is if we take the chance with Ryan , i think the other QBs are not much less talent and the QB position is such a high risk and we can't afford to miss at this point in Falcon History.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bucman (4/4/2008)
Why not go back like 17 spots, Why only a couple???

#1 , Because nobody could afford what it would take to move up that far , if you look at the Trade value chart, it would take so much i'm sure that will not happen.

#2 reason = BC I want Sed Ellis and we will not get him past the 7the pick I'm sure .

Matthew Pritts (4/4/2008)
The Jets are the most realistic trade partner at 6, we could trade down w/them and take Brohm there. :D

Maybe and that may be a great trading partner , but if we do that we would have to ask them who they want , BC they may be moving up to get our man Ellis , and when trading teams do find out who they are tarketing so as not to lose the person we want .Now if they are wanting McFadden then that could be a great trade . But bad news there is if they take McFadden then Oak would almost for sure take Ellis . That's why I say the KC would bethe best one to trade with.

formul8or (4/4/2008)
I don't wanna trade if Dorsey is there.  I'd consider it over Jake Long, but I'd still be happy taking him.  But if we trade down, we just have to stay in front of the Bengals and get Ellis.

I agree with ya' Formul8or.  I'm not sold on Jake Long @ 3 either, but Dorsey IS worth it.

formul8or (4/4/2008)
I don't wanna trade if Dorsey is there.  I'd consider it over Jake Long, but I'd still be happy taking him.  But if we trade down, we just have to stay in front of the Bengals and get Ellis.

Well as i said at the top of this Thread , I really believe that the first two picks will be Jake and Dorsey , think about it . Parcells is big on having a great OL first which is a  smart  thing.

Draftnut57 (4/4/2008)
formul8or (4/4/2008)

Well as i said at the top of this Thread , I really believe that the first two picks will be Jake and Dorsey , think about it . Parcells is big on having a great OL first which is a  smart  thing.

THat's where trading down w/the Jets and getting Brohm at 6 comes in.

tweak (4/4/2008)
formul8or (4/4/2008)

I agree with ya' Formul8or.  I'm not sold on Jake Long @ 3 either, but Dorsey IS worth it.

Well, I tell ya one thing I have come to a conclution on ,  Jake Long is going to be a great Pro . And if we end up with him I'll be just fine with it ,BC we need an OT worst than any tean in the league , But you know how I love the DT Sack machines who can turn the game around with one big play like Ellis can do so well.

Draftnut57 (4/4/2008)
formul8or (4/4/2008)

IMO 6 is to high for any QB in this draft , think of it like this ,  Look att where Quinn went last year , and I like Quinn better than any QB in this draft . He went #20 last year to the Browns and this draft is a much better draft than last year .

Draftnut57 (4/4/2008)
Draftnut57 (4/4/2008)
formul8or (4/4/2008)

IMO 6 is to high for any QB in this draft , think of it like this ,  Look att where Quinn went last year , and I like Quinn better than any QB in this draft . He went #20 last year to the Browns and this draft is a much better draft than last year .

Disagree.

Brohm is just as good if not better then Quinn and worth a top-10 pick.

THe only reason he slipped out of the top-10 is b/c people have over hyped Ryan as the "sexy" pick and the fact that Louisville sucked this year through no fault of Brohm's. He had the best year of his career last year w/a new coach and new offense. That defense was the worst I've ever seen for a major college team.

THis is a very underrated QB draft. It's just been misevaluated by the "experts" due to the Matt Ryan love. But both Brohm and Henne are franchise caliber, and maybe even Ryan as well, but not to the extent of those first two. I thin Ryan is gonna be a servicable pro, but not nearly as good as Brohm or Henne.

Draftnut57 (4/4/2008)
bucman (4/4/2008)

#1 , Because nobody could afford what it would take to move up that far , if you look at the Trade value chart, it would take so much i'm sure that will not happen.

#2 reason = BC I want Sed Ellis and we will not get him past the 7the pick I'm sure .

Oakland just gave that DT a $55 mil contract.  I don't think they want a DT that high. 

IHateThe Cowboys! (4/4/2008)
I would like us to trade down anyway. I wish we could trade dallas for their 2 1st round picks if they want to move up and get mcfadden. I am still holding out hope.

Yeah  , I would like that also , the only thing is we wouldn't be able to get Ellis and that would be a down side to that , but I know that would open up a door that could put us over the top . like take that first pick and take the QB TD has targeted , I'd say it will be Flacco or Broham, then we could hopfullly take a OT like Williams or the Boston College Ot. with the 28 pick . Plus if that trade took place we should have another 2nd rounder with it. :)

pzummo (4/4/2008)
Draftnut57 (4/4/2008)
bucman (4/4/2008)

Oakland just gave that DT a $55 mil contract.  I don't think they want a DT that high. 

Yes but Oak just lost Sapp to retirment , and that is thier biggest need , they dont have anybody to replace Sapp. To me that is theire #1 need.

I would like us to trade down anyway. I wish we could trade dallas for their 2 1st round picks if they want to move up and get mcfadden. I am still holding out hope.

You never know.  I don't think a trade will happen until the day of the draft.  Either teams will try to sneak in that 10 min. window with their best offer or not call at all.  I can't wait for Draft Day, it's like grown-man's Christmas!

Draftnut57 (4/4/2008)

Yeah  , I would like that also , the only thing is we wouldn't be able to get Ellis and that would be a down side to that , but I know that would open up a door that could put us over the top . like take that first pick and take the QB TD has targeted , I'd say it will be Flacco or Broham, then we could hopfullly take a OT like Williams or the Boston College Ot. with the 28 pick . Plus if that trade took place we should have another 2nd rounder with it. :)

Let someone else take Flacco.

I want no part of him. He's a future bust.

tweak (4/4/2008)

You never know.  I don't think a trade will happen until the day of the draft.  Either teams will try to sneak in that 10 min. window with their best offer or not call at all.  I can't wait for Draft Day, it's like grown-man's Christmas!

I can agree with that . And this one will be the best one to date , the best draft since I've been a huge Draft fan , Plus we have the best picks , You talk about a make or break Draft , If there ever was one , this one is it .

Jp7833 (4/4/2008)
The Jets are the most realistic trade partner at 6, we could trade down w/them and take Brohm there. :D

You're on crack if you want to take Brohm at 6.

Nope. I don't do drugs.

I just know how good Brohm is. He was a top-5 pick if he'd of come out last year, but as 99% of QB's do, he stayed for his sr. season and b/c Louisville's defense sucked it caused him, unfairly, to drop.

He's a top-10 talent EASY and a franchise QB IYAM and It would suit me just fine if we took him at 6.

I am with you draftnut. I love to trade down a few picks and get another 2nd round pick. I feel you have a lot better value with a 2nd round pick than a first (a lot less MONEY and a lot less headaches (MeAngeleo Hall) etc,,,

Draftnut57 (4/4/2008)

I don't agree with that , I think Flacco will be very successful in time , But I will go along with what ever TD and Smith decide on the QB , I'm not near as good at evaluating QBs as I am DTs , DEs , OL and RBs .

Draftnut57 (4/4/2008)
Draftnut57 (4/4/2008)

I don't agree with that , I think Flacco will be very successful in time , But I will go along with what ever TD and Smith decide on the QB , I'm not near as good at evaluating QBs as I am DTs , DEs , OL and RBs .

See that's the thing though, QB's are my forte. I'm pretty good at evaluating them.