The Bears will be the team that moves back into the 1st

Brookhaven

The Bears (by my count) have 12 draft picks. Including an early 2nd rounder (13)  3 3rd rounders (thanks to the 49ers) and an early 4th round pick.

Combining their 2nd round pick, the 3rd from the 49ers, and their 4th round pick, they can easily move up to the early 20's. Combining their 2nd round pick, the 3rd from the 49ers would move them up to the late 20's.

Both these scenarios leave them with tons of draft picks to work with.

Grossman's one year resigning didn't make sense to me till now. The Bears will take an OT then move back into the 1st and draft a QB. The Bears will struggle through one more year with Grossman while their new QB learns from the bench (maybe replacing Grossman by the end of the season.) At the end of the year, they'll cut Grossman free and their new QB will become their permanent starter.

brendyne (4/4/2008)
da snowman (4/4/2008)
and this has to do with the falcons how?????
If we are to take a QB in the second round, it affects us directly by taking one QB away from us.

You cant think past what they've said?

they resigned grossman and kyle orton, and i think they got someone else, not sure about that but who knows..

da snowman (4/4/2008)
brendyne (4/4/2008)
da snowman (4/4/2008)
If we are to take a QB in the second round, it affects us directly by taking one QB away from us.

they resigned grossman and kyle orton, and i think they got someone else, not sure about that but who knows..

If a Bears fan said to you "The Falcons resigned Reman and Harrington, plus they've got someone else" would that make you come to conclusion the Falcons were set at QB and not going to draft one this year?  Hardly.

Orton can't beat out Grossman, and Grossman is clearly NOT their long term answer (otherwise they would have signed him to a longer contract.) Like the Falcons, the Bears' QBs are nothing more than temporary fixes till they can find a permanent QB.

da snowman (4/4/2008)
brendyne (4/4/2008)
da snowman (4/4/2008)

They WANT a new RB and i assume a new QB since they signed Rex to a 1 year deal.

tweak (4/4/2008)
shadyshoe (4/4/2008)

I heard the Bears covet Flacco, so if they do move up I think it will be to get Flacco. 

They can take Flacco, I think the Falcons are targeting Brohm or Henne anyway. 

Let the Bears take him, when he busts in 3-4 years they'll be right back where they are now.

And I agree w/you about the Falcons targeting Brohm and Henne.

I just can't see them trading 3 picks for 1.

Their entire offense is in a state of dissaray. They lost Berrian and need to replace him.  Their OL is in shambles.  Cedric Benson's knee is still a huge question mark. 

They have to many needs to take a chance on a boom or bust guy like Flacco.

Celt (4/4/2008)
I just can't see them trading 3 picks for 1.

Their entire offense is in a state of dissaray. They lost Berrian and need to replace him.  Their OL is in shambles.  Cedric Benson's knee is still a huge question mark. 

They have to many needs to take a chance on a boom or bust guy like Flacco.

Good point.