after watching the video on the falconsdraft on 3 potential 3rd round QB's..

da snowman

id say getting either woodson, dixon, or josh johnson would be great..one flaw i found about josh is that he stares down his reciever. on every play during the video, he stared the reciever down until he released the ball to that side of the field. im sure he would have to work on that in the nfl. But watching woodson, he did the total opposite, he took the snap and started looking towards the left, then came back to the right and had a wide open reciever. the man is tall, has a good arm along with josh and dixon. dixon id say is more like the vick protege without all the speed that vick had. dixon can throw the ball deep, but to me, he is just too skinny. he looks like a twig and im afraid one hit in the nfl by those big lineman will snap him into 5 pieces. 3 good QB's that could possible climb or stay in the 3rd round is the reason we need NOT to take a QB with out 1st pick in the draft..having 3 2nd rounders, if either one of the QB's stock rises before the draft, i would snag one of them with our last 2nd round pick just to be safe..thoughts???

formul8or (4/4/2008)
I do think those 3 have a lot of upside, it will be very interesting to see who gets them.  I do think we'd have to use our last second rounder simply because teams will get those guys for backups/potential starters in the 3rd.

dixon is probably the one who has to work the hardest trying to come back from that injury he suffered..all these guys have starter potential in them and have the skillset to get the job done. i just dont see all the hype around matt ryan and brian brohm when its really a toss up.

da snowman (4/4/2008)
formul8or (4/4/2008)
I do think those 3 have a lot of upside, it will be very interesting to see who gets them.  I do think we'd have to use our last second rounder simply because teams will get those guys for backups/potential starters in the 3rd.

dixon is probably the one who has to work the hardest trying to come back from that injury he suffered..all these guys have starter potential in them and have the skillset to get the job done. i just dont see all the hype around matt ryan and brian brohm when its really a toss up.

But previously I've heard Dixon was drafted by the Braves from high school, so how will that affect drafting him? Will he play NFL or MLB or has he thrown our MLB?

I like him the best of the 3.

formul8or (4/4/2008)
da snowman (4/4/2008)
formul8or (4/4/2008)

But previously I've heard Dixon was drafted by the Braves from high school, so how will that affect drafting him? Will he play NFL or MLB or has he thrown our MLB?

I like him the best of the 3.

i seen an interview with you not too long ago and he did mention that he was drafted to play baseball, but his calling is football, and he said he was gonna stick with that.