Rd 3 #68---OLB/DE Bruce Davis 6'2" 252lbs UCLA

Rd 3 #98---CB Terrell Thomas 6'0" 202 lbs USC

Rd 4 #103--NT Frank Okam 6'4" 332 lbs Texas

Rd 5 #138--WR Marcus Monk 6'4" 222 lbs Arkansas

Rd 6 #172--OG Chris McDuffie 6'4" 323 lbs Clemson

Rd 7 #212--RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis 5'10" 219 lbs Ole Miss

Rd 7 #232--LB Spencer Larsen 6'1" 238 lbs Arizona

What do you think?

Do not like the Calais Campbell and Bruce Davis picks. Wayyyyy to early for a DE and I hope you are not giving up on Jamaal. Calais has a high bust factor too. Kinda scares me away. Davis is a tweener at DE and OLB. In our 4-3, I think he would be a DE, which we really don't need that much. In a 3-4, which we don't run, I think he has the best chance to succeed as a OLB.

brvslugger10 (4/3/2008)
Do not like the Calais Campbell and Bruce Davis picks. Wayyyyy to early for a DE and I hope you are not giving up on Jamaal.Calais has a high bust factor too. Kinda scares me away. Davis is a tweener at DE and OLB. In our 4-3, I think he would be a DE, which we really don't need that much. In a 3-4, which we don't run, I think he has the best chance to succeed as a OLB.

I'm not giving up on Jamaal, but Campbell is too good to pass up at that pick. Competition at a position is always a good thing. Campbell had 12.5 TFL and 6.5 sacks his senior year. He may not be that strong now but he definitely has the frame to add muscle.

Bruce Davis can provide much needed depth behind Abraham. Remember, Abraham only weighs 258 lbs and Davis weighs 252 lbs. Davis can come in on passing downs and we would have a tandem of Davis and Abraham on the outside. Plus, Davis can one day take over for when Abraham eventually leaves. Davis had 15.5 TFL and 12 sacks his senior season.

We would have a deep rotation at DE.

Scott24Falcs (4/3/2008)
I actually like this one a lot. I love the thought of bolstering our DL like that.

I'd still prefer Dorsey over Jake Long, but I'd be very pleased with a draft like this. Nice work.

I went with Long over Dorsey because the d-line is deeper with talent than the o-line as the rounds go on.

metalfalcon (4/3/2008)
Scott24Falcs (4/3/2008)
I actually like this one a lot. I love the thought of bolstering our DL like that.

I'd still prefer Dorsey over Jake Long, but I'd be very pleased with a draft like this. Nice work.

I went with Long over Dorsey because the d-line is deeper with talent than the o-line as the rounds go on.

I guess, I just think at #3 we need to take the best player that fills a need, and I think that's Glenn Dorsey.  JMO though.

Scott24Falcs (4/3/2008)
metalfalcon (4/3/2008)
Scott24Falcs (4/3/2008)

I guess, I just think at #3 we need to take the best player that fills a need, and I think that's Glenn Dorsey. JMO though.

Yes, I completely agree with you but there isn't much o-line depth after the first. Collins and Baker have questions marks regarding their strength and slow footwork. LT is just as big a need as DT.

We would have A LOT of depth, but why would we go into the second round to get that depth. Chauncey Davis is great depth behind Jamaal Anderson (and Abraham). I agree we need somebody to play behind Abraham, but the second round seems waaaay to early to get a "depth" pick. We need to spend all our second round picks wisely.

2008 Falcons Mock Draft

Rd 1 #3----DT Glen Dorsey

Rd 2 #34---OT Gosder Cherilus

Rd 2 #37---QB Chad Henne

Rd 2 #48---LB Curtis Lofton

Rd 3 #68---DE Bruce Davis

Rd 3 #98---CB Terrell Thomas

Rd 4 #103--NT Frank Okam

Rd 5 #138--WR Marcus Monk

Rd 6 #172--OG Chris McDuffie

Rd 7 #212--RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Rd 7 #232--WR Darrell Blackman

This would be my mock with us taking Dorsey at #3.