NFL Head Coach 09

not sure if any of you enjoyed or played the first NFL head coach, but they are coming out with a new one this year. i enjoyed the first one and will probably pick up this one. the only thing i didnt like about the 1st was the loading times and it seemed like every week an OC, DC, or somebody would quit.

here is the link:

http://www.easports.com/nflheadcoach09/home.jsp

they are also selling a package (20th anniversary madden). it consists of head coach 09 and madden 09 i think. heres the link to that:

http://www.easports.com/madden09/

Pick_6 (4/4/2008)
Looks way better compared to the previous one. But apparantly it's only going to be available in the 90$ collector's edition of Madden 09 this year and won't be sold separately.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/28/head-coa...ectors-edition/

oh thats weird. i think gamestop had it sold separately and in a pack. i'll have to check later.

brendyne (4/5/2008)
You can play Madden on most platforms in most other countries.

Why cant you play it in, i cant remember where your from. But i did know before.

Germany / Europe

Different regional code and PAL system instead of NTSC.

I have a PS2 and a WII but I refuse to buy a PS3 only for Madden 09.

They are making a Xbox 360 release - a system which is PC based and if they would use the XNA System for developing a port to PC would be very very easy ( and therefore cheap ) instead of PS2 to PC.

In America and Japan consoles may be the favourite gaming systems but in Europe its the PC.

I really really really really hope that EA takes a nose dive with this new strategy.

They neglected the basics of game development for years - good ideas, great gameplay and support !

Instead they tried to squeezed the maximum of existing games.

How many extension packs are there for the sims ?

How many Need for speeds ?

Even worse:

Take a look at Battlefields - none title of this series has real support - a patch here and there but the gameplay still suffers from bugs since the first release.

No wonder that the customers start to shy away from EA games.

Vagabond (4/6/2008)
brendyne (4/5/2008)
You can play Madden on most platforms in most other countries.

Why cant you play it in, i cant remember where your from. But i did know before.

Germany / Europe

Different regional code and PAL system instead of NTSC.

I have a PS2 and a WII but I refuse to buy a PS3 only for Madden 09.

They are making a Xbox 360 release - a system which is PC based and if they would use the XNA System for developing a port to PC would be very very easy ( and therefore cheap ) instead of PS2 to PC.

In America and Japan consoles may be the favourite gaming systems but in Europe its the PC.

I really really really really hope that EA takes a nose dive with this new strategy.

They neglected the basics of game development for years - good ideas, great gameplay and support !

Instead they tried to squeezed the maximum of existing games.

How many extension packs are there for the sims ?

How many Need for speeds ?

Even worse:

Take a look at Battlefields - none title of this series has real support - a patch here and there but the gameplay still suffers from bugs since the first release.

No wonder that the customers start to shy away from EA games.

Australia has a different code to the US. But i dont understand why in Europe where more games would be sold due to the higher numberof people wouldnt have it to play.

Thats stupid i think.

XBox 360 is still locked on the regional code, the same with the PS2.

The PS3 on the other hand does have a regional code for blueray ( at last support ) but doesnt check the regional code.

Still it would mean a 300 Euro investment for the console alone and then the games with additional 100 euros ( IF i can buy them here, delivery cost from USA to germany are INSANE - over 60$ ).

Vagabond (4/6/2008)
XBox 360 is still locked on the regional code, the same with the PS2.

The PS3 on the other hand does have a regional code for blueray ( at last support ) but doesnt check the regional code.

Still it would mean a 300 Euro investment for the console alone and then the games with additional 100 euros ( IF i can buy them here, delivery cost from USA to germany are INSANE - over 60$ ).

Its $80 to deliver a jersey from the US to Australia.

Its $700-$800 Australian for a PS3 console here. and $120 for a new game.

I have no idea what the blu-ray is really. I have DVD players and DVDs already.

So it doesnt bother me.

bossFALCON (4/4/2008)
Pick_6 (4/4/2008)
Looks way better compared to the previous one. But apparantly it's only going to be available in the 90$ collector's edition of Madden 09 this year and won't be sold separately.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/28/head-coa...ectors-edition/

oh thats weird. i think gamestop had it sold separately and in a pack. i'll have to check later.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...product_id=8792

bossFALCON (4/6/2008)
Vagabond (4/6/2008)
bossFALCON (4/5/2008)
congrats on being smoke free.

Thanks a lot - its still hard when smokers are near.

yea i have watched a lot of people try and stop a couple of times and it looks extremely tough. once again congrats man, i think its amazing.

Thanks again - but I´m happy only when I have made it through the first year - I stopped smoking back in 2000 / 2001 for over 6 months only to start again after a weekend with rock music, a beach, a tent and a waterpipe ...

Luckily most of my friends and collegues dont smoke which makes it way more easier.

Oh and by the way:

Having our first child soon makes a lot more motivation - one week after we got the news we stop within a week.

I made a cold stop over a weekend and my girlfriend the week after ( during that time we had some complacations and that just another good reason to stop ).

It makes me proud to look at the numbers in the sig though :D

bossFALCON (4/3/2008)
not sure if any of you enjoyed or played the first NFL head coach, but they are coming out with a new one this year. i enjoyed the first one and will probably pick up this one. the only thing i didnt like about the 1st was the loading times and it seemed like every week an OC, DC, or somebody would quit.

here is the link:

http://www.easports.com/nflheadcoach09/home.jsp

they are also selling a package (20th anniversary madden). it consists of head coach 09 and madden 09 i think. heres the link to that:

http://www.easports.com/madden09/

You must have been a worse coach than Bobby Petrino.

grrrillapmp (4/7/2008)
Didn't the original HC have some kind of bug that pretty much made the game unplayable?

I won't be getting it but I hope for all the other consumers than plan on getting this game that EA does some type of quality assurance testing.

Assurance? Is that even a word??

i never had that problem and i bought the 1st game twice. with the features that they have listed for the 2nd game i may not even buy madden this year. i might just get head coach.

malk2.0 (4/6/2008)
When does nfl head coach 2009 come out?

Just got an xbox 360 and I would love to play that game. lol

You have to buy the Madden 09 collector's edition which comes with madden and head coach to get it... Madden comes out on August 12th I think.