3rd #68- Phillip Wheeler, MLB- Ga. Tech

3rd #98- Eric Young, OG- Tennessee

4th #103- Jonathan Zenon, CB- LSU

5th #138- Frank Okam, DT- Texas

6th #172- Cory Boyd, RB- South Carolina

7th #212- Fernando Velasco, C- UGA

7th #232- Jamal Lewis, SS- Ga. Tech.

Dorsey- i like, good pick

Henne- not wild about it, but we seem to like him so it is realistic. man i want brohm...

Baker- good pick, ive been doubting him lately but i hope he turns out well, especially if we pick him

Collins- not as wild about this one, we could do better here imo. there are only a couple guys id like to pick here to be honest, for the large part i dont like the value in this part of the draft, and would like to move down if a couple of the guys i like arent there.

Wheeler- i like him, this is a good pick imo. i really like mayo in the 2nd though, but good pick.

Young- not wild about this one. if greco is available here id love to get him.

Zenon- i honestly think he will be a 6th or 7th round pick, which feels weird because a few weeks ago i would have liked him here. but some sites think he might go undrafted.

Okam- i cant stand okam. he is lazy and just coasts on his natural size and talent. he doesnt have a good work ethic and i personally want nothing to do with him.

Boyd- good value pick, i really wish we could get a steal like this. i dont have it in my mock, but it would be nice to take advantage of this really deep RB class.

Velasco- good depth addition

Lewis- to be honest not wild about this. we spent a late rounder on SS last year, maybe go a different direction with this one? unless you really like the guy in which case i cant fault you. we all have our favorite late round guys.

overall, nice job. i dont like the 4th and 5th round picks much. i like zenon as a player, but hes not a good value there (strangely, deep cb class i guess) and as i said i dont like okam at all. otherwise nice work.

As much as I don't like Henne, I would be even more upset if we took him that early. I don't think he is worth a 2nd, but at pick 34 he is borderline in the 1st round. No thanks.

For people to call this the greatest OT class in 24 years and we would only walk away with Sam Baker and Anthony Collins would be a disaster. I don't think it is acceptable for us to miss out on one of the top 5 elite OT, considering it is arguably our biggest need, even more so than QB.

The rest of the picks are OK, nothing wows me, but I really don't feel like we need Fernando Velasco, considering we just signed another C, giving us 3 currently on the roster. 2 should be enough.

L.Rover (4/4/2008)
As much as I don't like Henne, I would be even more upset if we took him that early. I don't think he is worth a 2nd, but at pick 34 he is borderline in the 1st round. No thanks.

Not to sound like an #####, but you better get used to it. Henne is being seen by a lot of teams as the 2nd best QB in this draft behind Brohm. And rightly so IMO.

At least he won't be a bust like Woodson. :P

jdu00743 (4/3/2008)
Assuming no trades...

Check it out!

1st #3- Glenn Dorsey, DT- LSU

2nd #34- Chad Henne, QB- Michigan

2nd #37- Sam Baker, LT- USC

2nd #48- Anthony Collins, RT- Kansas

3rd #68- Phillip Wheeler, MLB- Ga. Tech

3rd #98- Eric Young, OG- Tennessee

4th #103- Jonathan Zenon, CB- LSU

5th #138- Frank Okam, DT- Texas

6th #172- Cory Boyd, RB- South Carolina

7th #212- Fernando Velasco, C- UGA

7th #232- Jamal Lewis, SS- Ga. Tech.

At first I was not wild about this draft, but the more that I look at it, the more I like it.  You really understand how to balance and get the most out of picks.  Dorsey is by far the BPA in an area of need (I am assuming that Jake Long is gone by 2).  Sam Baker is from a good back ground, and will be a solid pro, probably not a pro-bowler, but good, Collins probably will be a PB RT.  Wheller is one of my favorite picks, he dominated at the Senior Bowl.  Everyone else is forgetting how good Young is, and if he makes a full recovery from his injury he will be an excellent pick.  I know nothing of Zenon, Okam is a good situation stuffer, Boyd has the heart of a lion, Velasco is a super value pick here, and Lewis is also a good St player.