If We Go 5-11 Again This Year, Would You Consider It A Disappointing Season?

Statz.

I am not putting a win total on this season. If we make steps to build this thing they way it needs to be built, I am fine with  0 wins. Look at Jimmy Johnson and the Cowboys (uck!), they went 1-15 in 1989, but they had Aikmen and Irvin and many others in place, then got emmitt and most of the remaining pieces to win 3, should have probably been 4, Super Bowls.

I would definitely be disappointed and I think every Falcon fan would be.

But i guess you kind of have to look at it from an objective angle and see that we do have new GM and coaching regime that all players will have to get used to. Also, the players will have to get accustomed to playing with eachother with a major overhaul of the lineup like we are going through with a truckload of new starters and draftees.

Honestly I am not thinking the final standings will truly represent if the team improves next year.

5 wins is reasonable considering what the team has been through the last 2 years.

I just want improvement and that may not be truly reflected in wins and losses.

falconfanjason (4/3/2008)
I think we'll be better than people think.

2001: 3-13, 2002: 9-6-1

2003: 5-11, 2004: 11-5

2007: 4-12, 2008: ??

Seems like when the Falcons hit rock bottom they pull a turn around and make the playoffs.

Void the Vick years and tell me what happens....

Bloodhoundz (4/3/2008)
If it's not a Super Bowl I'm disappointed.

I have to agree - all years for football fans end in dissapointment with the exception of the fans of the wining superbowl team.

I am excited about this year and if we were to go 5-11  - I would be dissapointed but I would still renew my tix!

SEAN 130

I'm in the minority of sports fans that doesnt put emphasis on winning all that much....it is a sport to watch for entertainment. If they are entertaining games, regardless of a W or L, then I am happy. Granted, a W is better than an L....but I would take a fun game and an L instead of a blowout W.

I know I'm in the minority though....and it wasnt that way for me when I played in college. I loved playing because I, personally, get to compete...and I take a lot of pride in how I perform. If my team lost, I was never mad at the opponent(unless there was a lot of whining or dirty play on their part)...I was mad at myself for not playing up to the level I should.

IMO, our schedule this year is somewhat more difficult than last year.  I'd love to see better improvement than just one more win, though.  7-9 or 8-8 would make me very happy.  A winning season, and I don't know what I'd do!  :w00t: 

5-11 wouldn't totally surprise me.  But yeah, I think that or anything less would be disappointing.

Yes, I would be disappointed with a 5-11 season record. I think we'll be better

than that. With our free agency pick-ups, I think we have more depth on offense, a better

kicker, and if we play our cards right in the draft, I can see us winning 6 to 8 games,

easy! Especially, since we won't have to deal with all the "distractions" that we had

last year. Who knows....in the NFC South, 8 wins may get us a Wild Card!!!

I know, that may be wishful thinking on my part, but I think The Falcons are going

to surprise a lot of people this year.

GO FALCONS!!!

THAT WAS A DECEPTIVE 4-12 LAST YEAR. WE COULD HAVE EASILY BEEN 8-8. THERE WERE ABOUT 4 GAMES LAST YEAR THAT WE SHOULD HAVE WON. BUT SHOULD HAVE DOESN'T COUNT. EVEN SO, CONSIDERING ALL OF THE DIFFERENT ISSUES THE TEAM WENT THROUGH, I THINK THEY HELD THEMSELFS TOGETHER VERY WELL. WE CAN REACH THAT 8-8 THIS YEAR, AND BETTER THAN THAT IF INJURIES DON'T GET US. WE HAVE A NEW GM, A NEW COACH AND NEW PLAYERS. IF WE CAN GET A NEW ATTITUDE, WE'RE IN BUSINESS. I THINK THIS YEARS TEAM WILL SURPRISE YOU, AND THE REST OF THE NFL TOO ....... THEY'LL NEVER SEE US COMING.....:D

BirdsOfPrey (4/3/2008)
statzondeck (4/3/2008)
Discuss...

I would consider it a disappointing year if you are still a member of these boards before the season starts.

DON'T WORRY, HIM AND A WHOLE LOT OF OTHER'S WILL BE GONE BY THEN. WATCH AND SEE HOW THEY FADE AWAY AFTER THE DRAFT.