Kiper Says Ryan, Flacco and Henne Get Selected Before Brohm on ESPN Chat

Spencer (miami): Mel, I'm seeing Chad Henne's stock apparently rising quite a bit. Why is that? Despite being a 4-year starter and being surrounded by NFL-caliber talent, he never seemed particularly great or good.

SportsNation Mel Kiper: I would say he was good, he wasn't great. He's a tough guy. He has impressed people with his toughness. His character, his leadership ability. And his strong arm. He's played a lot of football. There's a lot to say about a veteran at the college level. Now, the concern is that he's erratic, he has a long delivery and he's not mobile. He ran hot and cold at Michigan. That's why he is a second round pick. He's a guy for Baltimore or Chicago. I think he's going to be the third QB drafted. I think Flacco is the second one and Henne will be the third and Brohm the fourth.

So if you believe Kiper, he projects Henne to get taken before Brohm, and he believes Henne gets taken in the second, therefore leaving Brohm in the second round. I have been under the impression Brohm might not make it out of the top ten, or the top twenty. I wonder how mixed-up all of these teams' boards are when it comes to QB's. Personally I would much rather have Brohm than any of these other QB's.

I can only hope that for once Mel Kiper is right.  Then we could do something like:

1. Dorsey DT

2. Cherilous OT

2b. Baker OT

2c. Brohm QB

or

1. Jake Long OT

2. Balmer DT

2b. Baker/Cherilous OT

2c. Brohm

It won't happen, but one can dream.

I would rather have an Three starting OL picked with the seconds,

and stop being worst OL in the NFL, Falcons!

We have our picks between Virginia OG or, USC OG, USC LT, Nebraska RT, and a few top others

3 picks Thats 1.25 Tons of OL Beef!

Redman

Shockley

Harrington

Can or will these Draft QB contribute this year, NO!

David Ethan (4/3/2008)
Draftnut57 (4/3/2008)
Dad Burn! I WAS so hoping that Flacco would stay under the radar so we could take him with our #34 pick , Now I bet we have to trade up to get him. :pinch:

Like Flacco that much?  More than Brohm?

Yeah I do, But I'd take either one at #34 ,I was wanting  Flacco thou. He has so much potintial. Highest ceiling of all the QBs .

David Ethan (4/3/2008)
Draftnut57 (4/3/2008)
Dad Burn! I WAS so hoping that Flacco would stay under the radar so we could take him with our #34 pick , Now I bet we have to trade up to get him. :pinch:

Dec Mock 12-19-07........Jan Mock 1-16-08..........Feb Mock 2-13-08.............

1.DT Sedrick Ellis...........1.Ellis, Sedrick (DT)...... 1.Sedric Ellis DT 6-2, 295 USC

2.RB Jonathan Stewart...2.Collins, Anthony (OT)..2.Carl Nicks OT 6-5, 335 Neb

2.QB Joe Flacco..............2.Nicks, Carl (OT)...........2.Joe Flacco QB 6-5, 230 Del

3.ILB Ben Moffit..............3.Flacco, Joe (QB)..........3.*Kevin Smith RB 6-1, 212 CF

4.OT Heath Benedict.......4.Smith, Kevin (RB)........4.Darrell Robertson DE 6-5, 265 GT

4.OT Shannon Boatman..4.Goff, Jonathan (ILB)....4.Ben Moffitt LB 6-1, 240 CF

5.DT Dre Moore..............5.Terrell, Darnell (CB).....5.Drew Radovich OG 6-5, 325 USC

6.DE Adam Oliver...........6.Oliver, Adamm (DE).....6.Marcus Walker CB 5-11, 198, 4.45

6.K Art Carmody.............6.Brown, Thomas (RB).....6.Thomas Brown RB 5-10, 205, 4.48

7.S Jamal Lewis..............7.Serna, Alexis (K)..........7.Best Kicker left K 7-7, 395, 3.12

This should answer your question , I've had Flacco in all 4 Mocks this year , one for each month , I have one more , The last but not least April and finial Mock . he'll probably be in it as well.

grendel (4/3/2008)

Kiper should learn to discuss his answers with his hair before responding, it will make him look less foolish.

The one thing to keep in mind here is that Kiper is talking to NFL teams about player evaluations. So, I cannot dismiss this comment out of hand, Kiper's idiocy notwithstanding.

It's great news for us if he's right. In fact, the whole thing is starting to remind me of a QB debate in the early 90s where a lot of Falcons fans wanted us to take Browning Nagle at the start of the second round. Others locked in on another guy who played QB, and that's the one we took. It was the happiest I ever was about a Falcons second round pick right up until he drank himself out of town. Flacco is the Nagle-fraud of this draft whose measurables are fooling people into thinking he's not the guy who washed out at Pitt then laid an egg against Appalachian State.

iDash (4/3/2008)
I would rather have an Three starting OL picked with the seconds,

and stop being worst OL in the NFL, Falcons!

We have our picks between Virginia OG or, USC OG, USC LT, Nebraska RT, and a few top others

3 picks Thats 1.25 Tons of OL Beef!

Redman

Shockley

Harrington

Can or will these Draft QB contribute this year, NO!

Once again, you prove how dumb you are if you think those 3 QB's are the answer.

jidady (4/3/2008)
I sincerely hope that this is one of those rare occasions where Kiper is right. Some sucker jumping on Flacco with Henne and Brohm on the board would be a god-send for us as #34 approaches.
Good point, but it still doesn't hide the fact that Kiper was on crack when he said this.

Draftnut57 (4/3/2008)
David Ethan (4/3/2008)
Draftnut57 (4/3/2008)

Yeah I do, But I'd take either one at #34 ,I was wanting  Flacco thou. He has so much potintial. Highest ceiling of all the QBs .

But he also has the lowest floor.

You're too hung up on his measurables.

He wasn't on crack and there is no need for either the vitriol nor the name calling of other posters in this thread. Kiper thinks he knows something about the situation based upon what he has been told. Do I think he is right? I would hope that Ryan and Flacco don't go ahead of Brian Brohm simply because I think that would be a miscarriage of justice. I cannot discount the possibility, however, as teams do stupid stuff on Draft Day.

As Falcons fans, we hope he's not getting smokescreened here. Brohm at #34 is good value. Having Dorsey and Brohm in our pocket with 9 picks left would be freerolling.

Matthew Pritts (4/3/2008)
jidady (4/3/2008)
I sincerely hope that this is one of those rare occasions where Kiper is right. Some sucker jumping on Flacco with Henne and Brohm on the board would be a god-send for us as #34 approaches.
Good point, but it still doesn't hide the fact that Kiper was on crack when he said this.

Of course he's on crack!!! They're all on crack when their professional opinion differs from your amateur views, right???

I guess Woodson isn't the only one with a long, Leftwich like release huh? LMAO!

jidady (4/3/2008)
He wasn't on crack and there is no need for either the vitriol nor the name calling of other posters in this thread. Kiper thinks he knows something about the situation based upon what he has been told. Do I think he is right? I would hope that Ryan and Flacco don't go ahead of Brian Brohm simply because I think that would be a miscarriage of justice. I cannot discount the possibility, however, as teams do stupid stuff on Draft Day.

As Falcons fans, we hope he's not getting smokescreened here. Brohm at #34 is good value. Having Dorsey and Brohm in our pocket with 9 picks left would be freerolling.

I agree w/you, I hope he's right for a change when it comes to this situation. If Brohm is there at #34 b/c some sucker(Dolphins, maybe?) took Flacco at 32 I'll be like a kid in a candy store when we snag BB at #34. Him and Dorsey/J.Long w/our first 2 picks would be awesome.

But I still think he was under the influence when he said this. ;) Don't take it so seriously.

jidady (4/3/2008)

Don't try to speak for all Falcons fans. A lot of us aren't riding the jock of the injury prone, overrated system QB out of Louisville. He's got a delusional fan club on this board, but all of us aren't members of it.

aveboogie2 (4/3/2008)
jidady (4/3/2008)

Of course he's on crack!!! They're all on crack when their professional opinion differs from your amateur views, right???

I guess Woodson isn't the only one with a long, Leftwich like release huh? LMAO!

Kiper is also the same guy who slammed the Colts when they drafted Peyton.

What's that tell you?

Draftnut57 (4/3/2008)
David Ethan (4/3/2008)
Draftnut57 (4/3/2008)

But he also has the lowest floor.

You're too hung up on his measurables.

No I'm not , I'll just put it this way , I would love to get Flacco with our #34 pick , I think he would be the best QB per pick if we got him there. There are a lot of things I look at with each position , and I think Flacco will be a very good starter in the NFL , It may take him a little longer than some of the others , but I think he would fit very good into the system we will be using , A big plus for him is his clamness , He has that in a big way . And that is the one thing that scars me a it with  Ryan . Flacco is a great running with the bal when he has to , trust me , he is very under rated , Or was I should say.

seamill returns (4/3/2008)
I saw the Bucs "path to the draft" or whatever it is calledon NFL Networkand their Bucs football analyst/reporter/representativesaid they take Brohm at 20 if he was there.

Great! Maybe they'll finally cut Chris Simms if they do.