Preseason home games

I recently got a season ticket, and I don't yet know where they will place me but I have a guaranteed seat.  I was wondering if anyone on here goes to our preseason home games.  If so, is it a fun experience?  I'm wanting to go to see our backups and get an early look at everything, but I don't want to go all the way down from North Carolina if these games are really not that entertaining.  Any opinions from people who have been before?  Thanks. 

foreveriloveatlanta (4/3/2008)
I recently got a season ticket, and I don't yet know where they will place me but I have a guaranteed seat. I was wondering if anyone on here goes to our preseason home games. If so, is it a fun experience? I'm wanting to go to see our backups and get an earlylook ateverything, but I don't want to go all the way down from North Carolina if these games are really not that entertaining. Any opinions from people who have been before? Thanks.

when we had Vick they were. We will have to see what QB we take.

When it comes to preseason... the 4th game is pretty much pointless.

As the games go the 3rd preason game is the most like a regular season games when they do a little gameplanning and the starters may play into the half. 

The 2nd game the starters might play a quarter... 

That being said starters may play longer because we're going to be a YOUNG team next year...

If I had to choose one preseason game it would be the Tennessee game.... Preseason games can be fun depending on how crazy of a fan you are.

For the avergage fan... a pre-season game loses interest going into the 4th quarter. 

Yeah, it's tough to get THAT into them since the result is meaningless, but I love watching our backups.  Also, I'm always dying to see football at that point in the year.  Think there won't be that many people there because of last year and the fact that it is preseason?

It probably won't be sold out.  I'll give you that but some of that will depend on what day of the week the game is. 

A Friday or Saturday night game that starts at 7 or 8 might get a few more people than one on Thursday...

Yeah, it's tough to getTHAT into them since the result is meaningless, but I love watching our backups. Also, I'm always dying to see football at that point in the year. Think there won't be that many people there because of last year and the fact that it is preseason?

there are always backups and rookies I want to see. I watch every game last year to see that Japanese kid and I think he got 2 snaps. But any game is fun to watch if your drunk enough

(A.K.A. the Braves)

There's the CNN center for a food court kind of feel.  They sell beer.

There's also a new place called STATS.  It's nice but a little fru-fru

They also sell beer at Falcons landing... If you've never been to Falcons Landing before a game you should definitely check it out.  It's pretty cool.

Oh and if you come from Marta there will be a blond guy doing the "Jesus thing."  He's been there every home game for the last few years. 

And I'm not trying to be disrespectful with the "Jesus thing."  I just don't know how to put it other than that.

Sun Tzu 7 (4/3/2008)

As the games go the 3rd preason game is the most like a regular season games when they do a little game planning and the starters may play into the half.

If I had to choose one preseason game it would be the Tennessee game.... Preseason games can be fun depending on how crazy of a fan you are.

This year's 2 PS home games are #2 and #3 - the best ones. There has actually been a lot of discussion about whether it is right to charge full price for a PS ticket, since you're seeing a lot of college guys basically trying out for a job. But the atmosphere and being a part of it all is fun - at least to me. If you're coming from Charlotte, I think it's worth the trip, and I agree that if you choose between the two games, pick TEN.

Edit - OK, I see you're in Winston, a little further than Charlotte, but only by an hour. I'd still make the trip for at least one PS game.