Preseason Opponents

jmike811

T.I (4/3/2008)
0-4

0-4, 1-3, 4-0, 2-2...doesn't matter.. at least there are some decent teams playing at home for the preseason this year. I wasn't impressed with the games last year. Good early competition should give the coaches nice film to work with for the regular season.

So, the Thursday night game with the Ravens is a away game.  That's very good.  Perhaps the Falcons management has finally realized that for a great many season ticket holders actually have jobs and Fridays (and the Tuesdays after Monday night games) are workdays.  Generally speaking, night games on any night suck, especially if you live outside the immediate <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Atlanta area - as I and a good many Falcons season ticket holders do.

dawg58 (4/5/2008)
Good opponents to evaluate by.

Are you kidding??? Excellent opponents to evaluate by. The Jaguars and Titans (and sometimes the Ravens) all have incredible defenses which should let us "test"  Turner, Norwood, White, Horn, and Jenkins. (Brohm and Long as well hopefully!!!)  The Colts are the Colts so you know their offense will be nothing short of dominant. This preseason will give a clear view of what this regular season will be like. Hopefully, dominant, exciting, and incredible.

Ghost Like Swayze

Cool... I guess.  I probably won't get to see them anyways. :(

Preseason is almost pointless, but I guess we'll get to see what we have to work with.  Indy doesn't even usually try in preseason.  In 5 straight years of winning their division, they've posted a preseason record of 6-15.

From 2004-2006 seasons there were 24 division winners and only 4 of them had winning preseason records in that time span.