UGA's G-Day game available on TV, radio and richt not happy with wednesday practice.

SacFalcFan

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 04/02/08

Fans will be able to follow the action of this Saturday's Georgia G-Day game in a variety of ways.

The game, which will start at 2 p.m., will be televised on Comcast, and several radio networks will carry the game: WSB AM 750, 199 on XM Radio, and WUOG, UGA's campus station.

In addition, the game can be followed on georgiadogs.com's subscription service GXtra.

Richt blasts 'worst practice' of spring

By CHIP TOWERS

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 04/03/08

Athens In a word, coach Mark Richt was disgusted with the Bulldogs' performance in Wednesday's practice, the last in full pads before G-Day.

"I just witnessed the worst practice of the spring," Richt said. "It was disappointing. Last day in pads, last day to get in some really good fundamental work, and I thought the guys weren't too interested in being out there and it showed. . . .

"It was half-hearted at best. It was almost like they were looking around and waiting for me to cancel practice. If not for the four-hour rule, I would have started the whole thing over."

If nothing else, the Bulldogs ran into each other a lot. The middle part of the hour-and-a-half workout was their infamous "spider drill," which features a lot of three-on-three contact. The players felt it.

"Until [fall] camp comes around, I think that was the most intense we'll be," linebacker Darryl Gamble said.

Matthew Pritts (4/3/2008)
Sounds like Coach is playing mind games. He knows how good this team is.

I was thinking this is a possibility.

Then again...they could have just been lackluster! The last thing we can afford is for this team to start reading the press clippings and buying into their own hype!