Team Nutritionist

Jerry Maguire

This was mentioned in the Von Hutchins interview. The Falcons have hired a full-time nutritionist and a dietitian, and surprisingly, are the first team in the NFL to do so. I remember one of the Mike Smith quotes: "Your business is your body," and this falls right in line with that.

Hutchins also seemed impressed with Jeff Fish's approach to strength and conditioning with position and person specific workouts.

Every little advantage counts...

The Cush (4/2/2008)
This was mentioned in the Von Hutchins interview. The Falcons have hired a full-time nutritionist and a dietitian, and surprisingly, are the first team in the NFL to do so. I remember one of the Mike Smith quotes: "Your business is your body," and this falls right in line with that.

Hutchins also seemed impressed with Jeff Fish's approach to strength and conditioning with position and person specific workouts.

Every little advantage counts...

Really? Wow.

I thought every NFL team did that. I mean, I thought that teams were very careful as to who and how the food is prepared during TC.

Really? Wow.

I thought every NFL team did that. I mean, I thought that teams were very careful as to who and how the food is prepared during TC.

I'm sure that teams do take dietary issues very serious, and have done for 20+ years if not more.

I wonder if the point/distinction he was making, is that we have hired someone in the sole capacity of nutritionist/dietician, whereas other teams have coaches who are trained to deal with that aspect (e.g. strength and conditioning coaches, who also assess and set dietary requirements etc).

I'm pretty happy about it. you would be surprised at the crap the players eat and somehow turn into gold. A good diet would help though I think. I know Vick used to eat a bunch of candy and drink coke all the time. They used to sneak junk food into camp too. Chad Johnson eat Mcdonalds before every game, now that's retarted

formul8or (4/3/2008)
This is a great idea.  Help beef up people like Anderson a little more and keep off those late season pounds.

I remember reading in the AJC of Anderson stating that he hired a professional chef last season to help him eat better.

I guess the chef wasn't a nutrionist...or he was eating alot between meals.