Are there any BattleStar Galactica fans here?

ebonymonk

I'm trying very hard to get into this series. I've been watching episodes online, along with Sci Fi Channels airings of all the episodes leading up to the final season starting on the 10th. I just can't fully get into it for some reason. I don't know if it's the editing or just a majority of the actors just suck (outside of James Olmos) I mean, the woman who plays Starbuck is soooo weak. I was wondering what others thought about it. I would love to see a Battlestar Galactica movie, as long as very few or none of the actors from the TV show are in it. I'm still giving it a chance, but the sit down and watch it without being easily distracted is hard!!

grendel (4/2/2008)
Don't know where you're coming from... It's the best show on TV! I think the acting is excellent, the writing is very good, and the effects are movie-quality.
The writing is pretty good but I disagree on the acting. As far as effects go they are pretty good for TV but not movie quality.

grendel (4/2/2008)
Don't know where you're coming from... It's the best show on TV! I think the acting is excellent, the writing is very good, and the effects are movie-quality.

Completely agree.. the acting is very good. one reason why it won a peabody.. of all those who didn't like it poor acting is never the reason I have heard regarding it.. the special effects are very good for a tv show and it's just a terrific drama. i can't wait for the 4th season to start on friday night.

If I had a second account I'd cop to watching it... oh wait.

Well, I disagree with you about the quality of the acting.  I think it is great show, but I I am generally drawn to sci-fi stuff.  If you didn't like it after the second season chances are you probably won't like it.   My only complaint is that they broadcast it on Friday nights.  But with a DVR it makes it kind of a nice cure for a Saturday morning hang over. 

In case you are curious though, the final season starts this Friday, the 4th, not the 10th. 

Lord Dark Helmet (4/2/2008)
Fixed it for you...

TROLL.jpg

As much as you don't want to listen, and as I've told you before, you are and always will be in the common troll category. Seeing you post is often funny, because early in the game you tried too hard. But your posts and or screen name doesn't even bring an 8th of the irk as trolls of the past. As entertaining as tonabull was he was barely a Usurper.

ucsbdirtybird (4/2/2008)
If I had a second account I'd cop to watching it... oh wait.

Well, I disagree with you about the quality of the acting. I think it is great show, but I I amgenerally drawnto sci-fi stuff. If you didn't like it after the second season chances are you probably won't like it. My only complaint is that they broadcast it on Friday nights. But with a DVR it makes it kind of a nice cure for a Saturday morning hang over.

In case you are curious though, the final season starts this Friday, the 4th, not the 10th.

Oh thanks, I'm actually watching it now and saw the last season started tomorrow at 10. I think my disdain for the Starbuck characters acting is salting down my views of other actors, her and the asian Cylon chick just makes me cringe.

Lets just say that for a series in the 70's it wasn't cheesy. I had my reservations of Starbuck as a woman, but Kara trace kicks azz. Six is my girl and I love me some boomer. I am an Edward James Olmos fan. He holds this series together very well.

I cannot wait until tomorrow night to see the start of season 4. BTW I saw on demand a complete series recap in 8 minutes, as well as two 22 minute fan and creators documentary. If you love the new show you will appreciate it.