after watching jake long on jim rome is burning...

da snowman

can yall imagine on a toss play to the right of left depending on where the falcons would put him, him and big blaylock leading on a toss play followed by ovie and turner...wow can you say 10 yard gain every time this happens..he said he finishes every play and loves to pancake all the time. he said he plays until the whistle blows and always finishes out each play. he loves to smash rushers heads into the ground and get ontop of them until the play is over..i mean what more can you ask for from a lineman...WOW!!!

buffalofalcon (4/2/2008)
I saw the end of his interview..so i cant comment about what he said...but if he doesnt go to miami and rams pass on him then yes we can get him but i have a feeling it work out this way were both longs are gone by 3rd pick and we get dorsey or Gholston..

peace

Yup............or Sedrick Ellis.

I like Jake Long but if you go back and look at his highlights, most of them are running plays where he has a TE lined up beside him. In my opinion, Ryan Clady or Brandon Albert would be a great selection if Long is gone at #3. Clady is the best pure LT in this draft and Albert is just awesome. The guy has it all. Could play anywhere on the line and dominate.

atripes (4/2/2008)
He is a beast, but its hard to justify taking a RT third overall, and committing that kind of money into the RT position...

No it's not hard to justify.  We may be the only team that is not really paying a high salary to an O-Lineman.  All of the good ones are getting paid.  The last couple of draft has one to the Jets and the other to the Browns.  They are pretty good.  You may want to make a case about Robert Gallery, but they moved him to the inside, and he has done great.

@ Andy

What in the Blue **** did Jamaal Anderson do wrong?  Am I the only person that realizes that we went 4 and 12, and it was not Jamaal Anderson's fault?

Purple Label (4/2/2008)
atripes (4/2/2008)
He is a beast, but its hard to justify taking a RT third overall, and committing that kind of money into the RT position...

No it's not hard to justify.  We may be the only team that is not really paying a high salary to an O-Lineman.  All of the good ones are getting paid.  The last couple of draft has one to the Jets and the other to the Browns.  They are pretty good.  You may want to make a case about Robert Gallery, but they moved him to the inside, and he has done great.

@ Andy

What in the Blue **** did Jamaal Anderson do wrong?  Am I the only person that realizes that we went 4 and 12, and it was not Jamaal Anderson's fault?

You dont give elite money to olinemen muchless rooky oline.Spending a top 3 pick on someone who ends up being a guard is a disaster.Haveing a solid to probowl level left tackle for 10 or 12 years would be fantastic.Luckily the debate will be over in a few weeeks.

charlestonchad (4/2/2008)
Browns needed an OT and QB last year. They got Thomas who was a top lineman in the whole league, and then traded down for their QB who was passed over by many teams because the media was the only one who wanted him drafted so high. Hmmmmm.............maybe we'll do the same with Ryan.

I can tell you one thing. Jake Long is NOT Joe Thomas.

Browns needed an OT and QB last year. They got Thomas who was a top lineman in the whole league, and then traded down for their QB who was passed over by many teams because the media was the only one who wanted him drafted so high. Hmmmmm.............maybe we'll do the same with Ryan.

No, they are two different people. Both are gym freaks.

My wife is a Michigan fan and I have to watch them a lot. I have been really impressed with him. He's a road grader and bulldozers people to the ground. I could definitely see us taking him. My choice at #3 would be: 1st Dorsey, 2nd J. Long and 3rd Ellis.

Hokies&Falcons (4/2/2008)
Andy (4/2/2008)
yea, I was sold last year on Jamal Anderson after he interviewed with Jim Rome. Be careful it all sounds good on Rome.

Don't close the book on Anderson just yet...

I think Jake Long should be the pick, if he's there. Long or Dorsey at #3 is my preference...

Give the guy a chance. How long has he played DE, maybe two years. Smith & Co. will work him into shape. If he stinks it up this year then you guys can bash him.

red2play (4/2/2008)
People are trying so hard to forget about Vick that you'll be willing to take a RT at the #3 spot.  That's pretty sad.

what in the **** does this have to do with vick...and just for you information, jake said himself that he is comfortable playing either the right of the left, but he prefers left..so i dont know where u gettin this right tackle thing from..if you are not jake long himself, or know someone he is affiliated with, i suggest you stfu..

brvslugger10 (4/2/2008)

I can tell you one thing. Jake Long is NOT Joe Thomas.

True. That's why it will be Dorsey at #3.