Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoaringHigh

When it comes to Vick

22 posts in this topic

It always seems to be  hot button issue around here,well I would love to see him back here if possible.All the crap the Falcons have been through why would I want another team to benefit from this. That's just my opinion which fans don't seem to be intitled to around here.

i wish he could come back and you never know these days, it prob could, but right now everyone is just moving on because a team isn't just one person, its everyone. so this period of time we are getting guys who play as a team and who have potential.

SoaringHigh (4/2/2008)
It always seems to be  hot button issue around here,well I would love to see him back here if possible.All the crap the Falcons have been through why would I want another team to benefit from this. That's just my opinion which fans don't seem to be intitled to around here.

Or entitled.  You are allowed to have your opinion, I just disagree with it wholeheartedly, and may even boycott the Falcons until the end of his career if he did come back to play here.  The man is a criminal with a track record for doing the wrong thing. 

Magic Man (4/2/2008)
SoaringHigh (4/2/2008)

Or entitled.  You are allowed to have your opinion, I just disagree with it wholeheartedly, and may even boycott the Falcons until the end of his career if he did come back to play here.  The man is a criminal with a track record for doing the wrong thing. 

Like you said, you can have your opinion, but it's one thing to force your opinion on someone else, like alot of people have been doing

I can't wait until we finally move and cut him or trade him or whatever on so people stop talking about him

Magic Man (4/2/2008)
SoaringHigh (4/2/2008)

Wow you would actually boycott. I think that you are taking this thing way to seriously. Even though I would like to have him back, I do not see it happening.

raven reborn (4/2/2008)
I can't wait until we finally move and cut him or trade him or whatever on so people stop talking about him

If we draft Matt Ryan and he wins 5 Super Bowls and is 12 time all pro, these idiots will still say Vick could have done better and was the best QB in our history. They will never give up. And notice they never bring up stats or winning percentage or real factors in determining a QB. They always blame, coaches, players, injuries, etc. It will never die.

I think it is very possible and the sad thing is I DO NOT support it.

I loved to watch him play but killing dogs is sick.

Reasons I think he COULD come back.

1- others in the NFL,Ray Lewis,Pacman Jones and a current Falcon who have been charged with Dog figting to Murder.

2-The return of Pacman Jones

3-Or QB situation and fan attendance.

4-Trade value to the true worth of Vick and all we have paid for him.

5-Will we be a Vick style QB away from a superbowl or nice play off run.

Cons

1-What he did.

2-Shape

3-What kind of deal will be worked out for his contract.

4-Will Blank and Mike be able to work with one another again

I might be missing something but from a business look at this this is what I cam up with and so far the keep him is more then the not to keep.

I think it will boil down to contract,shape and other team interests in him.

No way we will trade him for what the cowboys are getting Jones for.

IHateThe Cowboys! (4/2/2008)
raven reborn (4/2/2008)

If we draft Matt Ryan and he wins 5 Super Bowls and is 12 time all pro, these idiots will still say Vick could have done better and was the best QB in our history. They will never give up. And notice they never bring up stats or winning percentage or real factors in determining a QB. They always blame, coaches, players, injuries, etc. It will never die.

Who you calling an idiot?

Vick isn't half as bad as Pacman Jones with all his criminal bull.  Yet, Pacman gets another chance to be reinstated.  Only in America.

I would'nt mind seeing Michael back on the team in

some position.  People need to forgive and move on.

Hopefully, we will get an OL and DL while Vick is away!

2009- He will beat out any QB that we can sign and he will beat the one we do , in a Open-Competition.

The Open Competition is what the Haters dont want to see!

"We need to cut Shockley....blah..blah.."

"we need to cut Vick...bah...bahh...

Because they know its the truth!

Peyton, Brady, Palmer will not be signed by 2009 for the Falcons, people!

SoaringHigh (4/2/2008)
raven reborn (4/2/2008)

Who you calling an idiot?

Anyone on here that thinks Vick was in the Top 5 QBs in the league...**** even the top 10.

Dr. Doom (4/2/2008)
Magic Man (4/2/2008)
SoaringHigh (4/2/2008)
It always seems to be hot button issue around here,well I would love to see him back here if possible.All the crap the Falcons have been through why would I want another team to benefit from this. That's just my opinion which fans don't seem to be intitled to around here.

Or entitled. You are allowed to have your opinion, I just disagree with it wholeheartedly, and may even boycott the Falcons until the end of his career if he did come back to play here. The man is a criminal with a track record for doing the wrong thing.

Like you said, you can have your opinion, but it's one thing to force your opinion on someone else, like alot of people have been doing

..and the other side of that argument hasn't been over used as well? Please. This is a discussion forum/message board, not a "let's all agree and hug each other message board". The two most over used terms used on this message board are "Hater" and "Hugger" it's so cliché at this point it's not even funny as are threads about Vick coming back and not coming back. I imagine many people who are strongly for one side or another don't even know WHY they have that opinion and are falling in line with what they feel is for a lack of a better word "cool". I do find it somewhat ironic however that many of the old screen names that vehemently denied any wrong doing on the part of Mike Vick have disappeared since the new message board format rolled out and a "new" crew of people have taken up the stance, thinking they're posts are original and thought provoking. There's honestly nothing to talk about when it comes to Mike Vick until his State Trial begins, so threads like this one are unnecessary and honestly should be avoided as they usually bring out the worst in people.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion here.

loowe (4/2/2008)
Or entitled. You are allowed to have your opinion, I just disagree with it wholeheartedly, and may even boycott the Falcons until the end of his career if he did come back to play here. The man is a criminal with a track record for doing the wrong thing.

Vick isn't half as bad as Pacman Jones with all his criminal bull. Yet, Pacman gets another chance to be reinstated. Only in America.

It's all in the perspective of the NFL, how many trials involving "Pacman" Jones resulted in convictions? Pacman and Vick will have a CHANCE to be reinstated, if they are in fact given a second chance is another story. Jones has yet to win anyone over officially.

:angry:

This is what bothers me with most individuals on this forum.  It takes a very mature person to forgive.  If Mr. Blank would like to help reestablish Vicks career once HE's served his time and suspension, then why hate the man because of his wrong doings.  Just maybe, he might turn his life around and be a spokesperson for PETA.  In fact, I think this might be Vick's saving grace here.

"Remember that everytime you point a finger at someone, there is another one pointing at you"

Iam a 49 yr old man and have been a falcon fan for over 35 years.  I've seen the ups and the downs.  This too shall past  ---for I believe in miracles, our fans, our GM & Coach, the owner Mr. Arthur Blank, and last but not least, I believe that VICK deserves an second chance.  We all should be given a second chance.

GO FALCONS!

raven reborn (4/2/2008)

Why do they have to be idiots?

Of course he should be back. He's a good player who made a mistake. It's amazing how so many people in this country are so annoyingly Christian all of the time when it suits them, but no one ever wants to forgive anyone for minor things like dog fighting.

SoaringHigh (4/2/2008)

Vick will not be back in the NFL anytime soon. He still has his Virginia trial to go through and I'll bet they're salavating at putting him away, no pun intended. :P He'll be lucky if he gets back until 2011. Not to mention, he's still suspended by the NFL and Goodell won't make any decision until he does get out of jail.

What's done is done...what never was, never will be...I once rooted for YKW...I will root for him in life or the NFL...just not with the Falcons...Hopefully, he comes out of this thinking we instead of ME!

I'm sorry guys, you can call me stupid if you want, but I do not believe that a 30 year old (which Vick will be once he is released) who is barely 6'0" with a career 75.7 QB rating is our future. Sorry, I can bring myself to do it.