Mock Draft

3) Ryan Clady OT Boise State

- Best pure LT in this draft. If people are considering Jake Long as a top 5 draft pick

then you have to put Albert and Clady up there too. I wouldn't care to see Brandon

Albert drafted here either.

34) Antione Cason CB Arizona

- Best Zone Coverage CB in this draft. Future Pro-Bowler.

37) Chad Henne QB Michigan

-Smart kid, good mechanics. Will be a good QB if you put him behind a good O-Line.

48) Pat Sims DT Auburn

- No need to explain really. This kid would be a steal here.

68) Matt Forte RB Tulane

- Send Snelling to the practice squad and say hello to the bruising RB that the Falcons

really need right now. Ray Rice would be my second option here.

98) Jeremy Zuttah OT Rutgers

-Great leader of the O-Line at Rutgers. Has all the tools to start and start for a long

time.

103) Phillip Wheeler ILB GA Tech

-I've been watching Tech games for a while now and I love this guy. He's the first one

I point out to friends when I take them to Tech games. I don't think he'll be a

Pro-Bowler but he'll be a solid ILB for the Falcons.

138) Kellen Davis TE MSU

-Great athletic TE that really needs a serious kick in the butt. I think we have the

coaching staff in place to do this. Has the potential to be as good as Shockey.

172) Mario Urrutia WR Louisville

-Big receiver with good hands. A bit of an attitude problem but that can be solved just

like the guy above. Think a bigger, stronger Finneran. Great potential as a possession

receiver in the NFL.

212) Louis Holmes DE Arizona

-Need some depth at that position. Good, strong athletic player.

232) Fernando Velasco OC UGA

-Homer pick. Yes I like both GA Tech and UGA. He's been a consistent player. Good

pick up here.

Scott24Falcs (4/2/2008)
I'll be sick if we take Clady at #3. One could make the argument that Chris Williams may be even better than Clady. At #3 we better end up with Glenn Dorsey or either Long.

Clady is the best LT in this draft. The Falcons already have a good RT with Clabo. I guess it all depends on what position they are looking to fill. I wouldn't mind seeing Brandon Albert taken there. You'd call them reaches right now but it won't matter 2 years down the road.

jamnesiac34 (4/2/2008)
Scott24Falcs (4/2/2008)
I'll be sick if we take Clady at #3. One could make the argument that Chris Williams may be even better than Clady. At #3 we better end up with Glenn Dorsey or either Long.

Clady is the best LT in this draft. The Falcons already have a good RT with Clabo. I guess it all depends on what position they are looking to fill. I wouldn't mind seeing Brandon Albert taken there. You'd call them reaches right now but it won't matter 2 years down the road.

i can see that it might not matter in two years later which i think they will be great pros....BUT...you could trade down and get more picks and them.....DUH!!!!

Mike Heuertz (4/2/2008)
jamnesiac34 (4/2/2008)
Scott24Falcs (4/2/2008)

i can see thatit might not matter in two years later which i think they will be great pros....BUT...you could trade down and get more picks and them.....DUH!!!!

Right, given that a team would want to trade up to #3 which hasn't happened in years so it's not likely. You take the best football player and your biggest position of need. Ryan Clady or Brandon Albert fit that bill. You could argue for Dorsey at #3 but I don't see that happening given that the Falcons brought in how many DT's in free agency?