Saw the videos of the QB class on my Falcons draft page

Can't see the love for Brohm in particular. He has a wind up that resembles that of Leftwich. We don't need a slow releaser again. Most of his passes were dink and dunk and when he did go deep it looked like an interception waiting to happen. I'm sure the people on our scout team see the same thing so if you are a Brohm fan don't count on him being a Falcon.

Flacco looked like a star. I know the competition was sub par but you can't coach accuracy and this kid looks like he could hit Roddy White with TD's all day long. There's concern about him being a risk because of lack of experience but QB's with his physical size and talent are worth the risk.

Check out the videos and see for yourself. Then vote accordingly.

james pinkham (4/2/2008)
Can't see the love for Brohm in particular. He has a wind up that resembles that of Leftwich. We don't need a slow releaser again. Most of his passes were dink and dunk and when he did go deep it looked like an interception waiting to happen. I'm sure the people on our scout team see the same thing so if you are a Brohm fan don't count on him being a Falcon.

Flacco looked like a star. I know the competition was sub par but you can't coach accuracy and this kid looks like he could hit Roddy White with TD's all day long. There's concern about him being a risk because of lack of experience but QB's with his physical size and talent are worth the risk.

Um, you do know Brohm had the 2nd strongest arm at the Combine, right?

james pinkham (4/2/2008)
Maybe he threw well at the combine but the video I saw didn't seem as favorable as the Flacco video. Maybe that's why Flacco is rated as the highest QB on my Falcons draft page.:D
Well, you'll be in a dissapointment b/c he also has the highest bust potential.

Plus, he played in the gun in college, beware of that.

Matthew Pritts (4/2/2008)
james pinkham (4/2/2008)
Maybe he threw well at the combine but the video I saw didn't seem as favorable as the Flacco video. Maybe that's why Flacco is rated as the highest QB on my Falcons draft page.:D

"highest bust potential."

According to who ?  You ?  :smooooth:

james pinkham (4/2/2008)
I'm not worried about the guy's inexperience.
I'd rethink that if I were you.

Flacco has just over 20 starts in college.

Brohm, Henne, and Ryan, and even Woodson all have 35+. And stats and history has shown that college QB's who have more then 30 starts in school have a much higher rate of success then those who start under 30.

james pinkham (4/2/2008)

nowhere near it

Draftnut57 (4/2/2008)
james pinkham (4/2/2008)

Any guy w/eyes can see that.

He's got the highest ceiling and the lowest floor. Therefore the highest bust potential.

YOu guys are getting too caught up in Flacco's workout #'s.

james pinkham (4/2/2008)

Um, you do know Brohm had the 2nd strongest arm at the Combine, right?

Did you see the second pass on the highlight video?  If that was in the NFL it is picked with no problem.  He reminds me of a non mobile Vince Young in that he will have immense problems in the NFl because he has to take 90% of the snaps from under center.  It is way easier to read a defense from the gun than from under center.  One thing that i did see was that he has a play action fake that is very similar to manning alot of defenses will bite on it.  Other than that he was average.  Atleast Josh Johnson ran in a Pro Style offense and put up huge numbers having to read a defense from under center.  I would rather grab him over flacco.

Draftnut57 (4/2/2008)
james pinkham (4/2/2008)

Any guy w/eyes can see that.

He's got the highest ceiling and the lowest floor. Therefore the highest bust potential.

YOu guys are getting too caught up in Flacco's workout #'s.

So he played in the shotgun a lot. He can be taught on the other aspects of the game. It's not like he never played under center. He'll have time to develop playing behind Redman. I'll take his high ceiling anytime. No of us knows which QB will make it or not. To tell the truth, right now no one looks like a franchise QB. They all will need time to develop. TD knows what he's doing so I'll trust him on which QB they take.

Before you get yourself all worked up over Flaccos highlight reel take a gander at the schools he is playing against in those videos.

If its the same one from youtube that people are gushing over he is facing teams like Delaware State, Towson and Navy.

Not exactly the cream of the cop. Im sure Harrington would have a pretty good highlight reel if he was playing in NFL Europe or the Arena league.

The guy has upside but the risk of taking a small school phenom is far greater than taking a guy who throws 1mph slower and has faced some real competition in a league with the big boys.

falcons4life (4/2/2008)
Before you get yourself all worked up over Flaccos highlight reel take a gander at the schools he is playing against in those videos.

If its the same one from youtube that people are gushing over he is facing teams like Delaware State, Towson and Navy.

Not exactly the cream of the cop. Im sure Harrington would have a pretty good highlight reel if he was playing in NFL Europe or the Arena league.

The guy has upside but the risk of taking a small school phenom is far greater than taking a guy who throws 1mph slower and has faced some real competition in a league with the big boys.

To me I don't care if he played weaker competition. Accuracy, arm strength and the heigth to see over towering lineman...this is what I want in a QB. What I don't want is guys like Brohm and Henne who just get too many passes deflected. These guys have no chance to develop into the proto-typical size that Flacco has but Flacco can learn the game and gain experience!

FALCONFAN4LIFE (4/3/2008)
hahahhahhahahhahaha he just referred Brohm to lefty

Don't take my word for it NFL Draft Scouts.com says he has a windmill wind-up. With 0ver 100 deflections in college I don't see this guy as the answer. They did say he is reminescent of Drew Brees which if true bodes well for the former "Petrino Product." I however would say he's more like David Carr.

falcons4life (4/2/2008)

i love how people always talk about this against lesser competition but you also have to look they with lesser competition around them but their skills set them far and above the competition they with or against that is why they are getting so much respect or talk about them and on that note Josh Johnson is better the Joe Flacco

james pinkham (4/3/2008)
falcons4life (4/2/2008)

To me I don't care if he played weaker competition. Accuracy, arm strength and the heigth to see over towering lineman...this is what I want in a QB. What I don't want is guys like Brohm and Henne who just get too many passes deflected. These guys have no chance to develop into the proto-typical size that Flacco has but Flacco can learn the game and gain experience!

I'll put it it this way:

If TD drafts Johnson he deserves to be fired on the spot.

james pinkham (4/3/2008)
falcons4life (4/2/2008)
Accuracy, arm strength and the heigth to see over towering lineman...this is what I want in a QB. What I don't want is guys like Brohm and Henne who just get too many passes deflected. These guys have no chance to develop into the proto-typical size that Flacco has but Flacco can learn the game and gain experience!

Remember Dan Mcguire? He had the height to see over linemen too....

Let's not forget the towering Brett Farve and Steve Young...oh wait...they were only 6-2...I wouldn't take into consideration that the kid is like 6-7 as being a great player. Plenty on taller QBs have had batted balls, while smaller ones-with smarts know where to place the ball...Flacco played out of the Shotgun-makes QBs look great-but it's easier for them to read defenses...and that is a BIG DEAL in this league-Andre Ware looks GREAT along with David Klingler coming out of spread type offenses and floundered-horribly. Flacco would take AT LEAST a year to develope-and all the understudy is great for a young QB I agree, but there is a huge difference between being in practice/watching film then being under center with shifting, and disguised defenses. Times will only tell on a kid like this, but...he seems to be the buyer beware type...and let's be honest-there are plenty of other talented QBs in 1AA, the big deal with this kid is his size...and I wouldn't run my draft board based on that.

Robert L (4/4/2008)
james pinkham (4/3/2008)
falcons4life (4/2/2008)
Accuracy, arm strength and the heigth to see over towering lineman...this is what I want in a QB. What I don't want is guys like Brohm and Henne who just get too many passes deflected. These guys have no chance to develop into the proto-typical size that Flacco has but Flacco can learn the game and gain experience!

Remember Dan Mcguire? He had the height to see over linemen too....

Let's not forget the towering Brett Farve and Steve Young...oh wait...they were only 6-2...I wouldn't take into consideration that the kid is like 6-7 as being a great player. Plenty on taller QBs have had batted balls, while smaller ones-with smarts know where to place the ball...Flacco played out of the Shotgun-makes QBs look great-but it's easier for them to read defenses...and that is a BIG DEAL in this league-Andre Ware looks GREAT along with David Klingler coming out of spread type offenses and floundered-horribly. Flacco would take AT LEAST a year to develope-and all the understudy is great for a young QB I agree, but there is a huge difference between being in practice/watching film then being under center with shifting, and disguised defenses. Times will only tell on a kid like this, but...he seems to be the buyer beware type...and let's be honest-there are plenty of other talented QBs in 1AA, the big deal with this kid is his size...and I wouldn't run my draft board based on that.

You seem to be hung up on him being tall but his arm strength and accuracy are what is getting him the attention.

680 had all of the qb's on the radio this week and for what it is worth Flacco presented himself a lot more confidently than Ryan.  Ryan seemed unsure.  I didn't hear all of them but Ryan didn't score any points from the interview. 

Love the videos on the Falcon's page.  first rate. Check out the DL, OL and linebackers too.