Mock 5.0

Draft:

Round 1: Jake Long LT Michigan-Finally a franchise LT

Round 2A (from OAK): Joe Flacco QB Delaware. All the measurables you can ask for, just needs some fine tuning which under Musgrave should be GREAT

Round 2B: Gosder Cherilus RT BC-Starting tackles for 10 years? Best running game for a long time? I'll take it!

Round 2C (from HOU): Curtis Lofton MLB Oklahoma. Beast, always around the ball and should fit nicely.

Round 3: Chevis Jackson CB LSU. Fits the cover 2 scheme IMO and is no slouch. I also believe Godfrey will be taken late 2nd

Round 3 (Compensation Kerney): Ahtyba Rubin DT Iowa State. Many regard him as a good sleeper and i just happen to agree :)

Round 4: Jordy Nelson WR Kansas State-the most mentally stable person in this draft i'd argue. Plus a great target, was a finalist for the Fred Biletnikoff award (Best WR)

Round 5: Caleb Campbell SS Army. Only ran a 4.57 but he plays SS and weighs in at 230. Another Milloy type player *cross fingers*

Round 6: Mike Gibson OG Cal. Pretty decent. Should at least provide depth i hope. Good potential

Round 7A: Brian Witherspoon CB Stillman. World class track athlete. Could take over KR/PR dutys so we could focus Norwood more on offense. His highest 40 is recorded in the 4.1s and lowest being 4.32

Round 7B: Trevor Scott DE Buffalo. Stock is rising so i'm not sure that he will be here but he possesses great athletic ability and could be used as a situational pass rusher.

Cherilus isn't falling to 2B imo, many have him definitely in the first round now. And while I dislike Chad Henne solely because I am a PSU fan, he is probably the best fit for our offense because the Big Ten power running scheme which is what Michigan ran is what we are changing to.

Brian (4/2/2008)
Cherilus isn't falling to 2B imo, many have him definitely in the first round now. And while I dislike Chad Henne solely because I am a PSU fan, he is probably the best fit for our offense because the Big Ten power running scheme which is what Michigan ran is what we are changing to.
I just view Flacco as a Brett Favre Gunslinger type. I'm just really high on Flacco. I think Cherlius falls because of the depth at OT this year. Maybe i'm just hoping? :P

Thanks for the comments keep it coming!

jamnesiac34 (4/2/2008)
Don't like the Flacco pick and I think that Jordy Nelson might not make it out of the 1st round given that he's so similar to Wes Welker. We have all seen how valuable he is to the Patriots. Other than that, nice job.

Flacco is a kinda Vick like in that some people love him some hate him, not much in between :laugh:

Jordy Nelson i've seen him graded as a 3rd-4th rounder, i have my hopes that he will fall due to a deep WR class. If someone nuts over Welker i could see them taking him higher though definitely.

Pitt sub Henne for Flacco and shut up :laugh:

3. Glenn Dorsey-need defensive help badly and second round dt's arent as good as 2nd round ot's

trade 37 and 2009 3rd rounder to chargers for 27

by moving into the bottom part of the first round we secure the quarterback of the future in brian brohm who i believe lasts this far. moving down in third is small price to pay to get our new qb

27. Brian Brohm

34. Gosder Cherilus-hopefully he falls out of first to here, put him at right tackle next to clabo

48. Sam Baker-LT of the future, not a mauler but solid pass protector

68. Red Bryant DT/Josh barrett- either the space eater or the safety, fine with either

98. Tyvon Branch CB

103. Greco OL

138. Caleb Campbell SS

172. Jack Ikegwuonu CB

212. Bo Ruud LB

232. Mario Urratia WR

bush (4/2/2008)
While I love the idea of drafting Jordy Nelson, I don't think that he'll be available in the fourth round. Right now I think that he's a solid second or third round prospect.
I agree but if nobody nuts over Wes Welker (like i said above) I highly believe he will be available later on because of the depth at receiver this year.