Steve Wyche was just on w/Colin Cowherd and said...

jidady (4/2/2008)
Brookhaven (4/2/2008)
Wyche missed our pick last year, so I'm not sure how much inside info he actually has.

Wyche repeatedly said Anderson was on our short list of players last year. He is as reliable as beat writers come, because he doesn't speculate. He sticks to reporting.

To a larger point, I hate the idea of our trading up for a QB who isn't Brohm. I do, however, like the way the team has clearly come up with a gameplan about how we are approaching this draft. We know where we expect guys to go, and we're making contingency plans for the possible permutations.

Dorsey and Henne would be anchor picks moving forward, particularly if we wind up with Conner or Mayo as well.

exactly! im not a big fan of henne in the 2nd, but i cant figure out why wed move up for either him or flacco. if we are moving up for a qb it had better be brohm.

Robb4242 (4/2/2008)
Matthew Pritts (4/2/2008)
W/one of the 2nd rounders or by using one or a package of them to move up to get him.

Great news!:D

Great news? Not really. Especially if we package picks to do it. The reason Henne didn't perform that well at Michigan? The offensive scheme didn't fit him. They were a run first, play action pass offense. Unfortunately, that's what we're installing here as well. Not to mention he played behind a better OL at Michigan than he will here too.

I actually like Henne, and for the right team, could see him going late in round 1, but I don't see him as a good fit for us.

What kind of offensive scheme do you think he would excel in?

I'd bet my left nut that Brohm is the number 1 rated quarterback on almost every GM's draft board.

The fact that Ryan is publicly touted as number one is just a smoke screen to hide the real truth.

Brohm will go in the first before Ryan and the Falcons will have to traded up to get him.

xrage (4/2/2008)
Robb4242 (4/2/2008)
Matthew Pritts (4/2/2008)
W/one of the 2nd rounders or by using one or a package of them to move up to get him.

Great news!:D

Great news? Not really. Especially if we package picks to do it. The reason Henne didn't perform that well at Michigan? The offensive scheme didn't fit him. They were a run first, play action pass offense. Unfortunately, that's what we're installing here as well. Not to mention he played behind a better OL at Michigan than he will here too.

I actually like Henne, and for the right team, could see him going late in round 1, but I don't see him as a good fit for us.

What kind of offensive scheme do you think he would excel in?

I'm not sure. I've watched Henne (like most of you) pretty closely, and we you consider the amount of talent that he had around him--what has he really done?

Look at these stats:

Career Statistics

Year GP Comp Att Yds Comp % TD INT

2004 12 240 399 2,743 60.2% 25 12

2005 12 223 382 2,526 58.4% 23 8

2006 13 203 328 2,508 61.9% 22 8

2007 10 162 278 1,938 58.3% 17 9

Totals 47 828 1,387 9,715 59.7% 87 37

Pritts hails him as the second coming and nails Ryan for his stats, but consider this Henne threw the ball 278 times this year, and had a top 5 OT, and a very solid running game, and a game breaking wr yet threw 9 pics and completed under 60 %--not solid.

Keep in mind Ryan threw the ball 654 times, didn't have a 1000 yd rusher or 1000 yd wr. Brohm's numbers were good despite a mediocre defense and a very average running game.

I can listen to the arguments about Brohm vs. Ryan, and go either way as i think Brohm is a nice talent, but Henne hasn't really done squat.

What would Brohm or Ryan done with that type of talent around them?

At least grabbing Flacco, we get a 6'6 guy with a cannon.

Bottom line, the team that grabs Henne may end up setting him for 2 to 3 or longer years. His decision making is suspect and he's not extremely accurate.

He, like all QBs in this draft are going to be overdrafted.