Steve Wyche was just on w/Colin Cowherd and said...

Matthew Pritts (4/2/2008)
W/one of the 2nd rounders or by using one or a package of them to move up to get him.

Great news!:D

I heard that too. He said Dorsey in the 1st & we'd be looking to package some picks to move up back

for someone like Michigan's Chad Henne.

I edited my original post b/c I found this interview on the web & replayed it.

My bad Wyche never mentioned Flacco, I was mistaken - sorry for the confusion.

dozer (4/2/2008)
W/one of the 2nd rounders or by using one or a package of them to move up to get him.

I heard that too. He said Dorsey in the 1st & said we'd be looking to package some picks to move up & he mentioned Henne & Flacco.

I didn't hear him mention Flacco.

dozer (4/2/2008)

I heard that too. He said Dorsey in the 1st & we'd be looking to package some picks to move up back & he mentioned Henne & Flacco.

I don't think we need to move up into the 1st. Henne will be there for us in the second. Speaking of Flacco, I had dream last night we drafted him with the #37 pick.

ATL4ever (4/2/2008)
dozer (4/2/2008)

I heard that too. He said Dorsey in the 1st & we'd be looking to package some picks to move up back & he mentioned Henne & Flacco.

I don't think we need to move up into the 1st. Henne will be there for us in the second. Speaking of Flacco, I had dream last night we drafted him with the #37 pick.

You never wait for a franchise QB to fall. If the Falcons feel he's their guy, they can move up to get him. QB is the one position where you can reach a little if you feel the guy you're drafting is a franchise guy. Case in point: The Eagles drafting Kolb in the 2nd last year.

And I hope your dream doesn't come true. Flacco is gonna be a monstrous bust. You guys are too much in love w/his arm and not looking at everything else.

With Mr. Blank saying what he said ,

Matt Ryan will be the Pick at three bank on it!

He just trying to lesson the Ryan Blow!

I would rather have Henne in the second over it , but I dont own the team, Mr. Blank does.

Henne will go to the Dolphins

iDash (4/2/2008)

I would rather have Henne in the second over it , but I dont own the team, Mr. Blank does.

Is Blank the GM?

That's what I thought.

He has no say into what's gonna happen.

Blank has no say in what's going to happen? Right. That's like Jerry Jones or Al Davis having no say in Dallas or Oakland. Who do you think it was that wanted to move up for Vick? Yeah, forgot about that already did you.

If Blank is 100% sold on someone, he will be the pick at #3. However, I am fairly positive that it won't be Ryan, for a couple reasons.

A) He's overrated and our FO knows it plus we like Brohm + Henne better.

B) The Falcons' FO doesn't want the Falcon Nation to revolt and burn down the Dome.

Brian (4/2/2008)
Blank has no say in what's going to happen? Right. That's like Jerry Jones or Al Davis having no say in Dallas or Oakland. Who do you think it was that wanted to move up for Vick? Yeah, forgot about that already did you.

If Blank is 100% sold on someone, he will be the pick at #3. However, I am fairly positive that it won't be Ryan, for a couple reasons.

B) The Falcons' FO doesn't want the Falcon Nation to revolt and burn down the Dome.

Um, Blank didn't own the team when Vick was drafted.

And if you think Blank is making the final call on football decisions, then I can't help you.

And Jones is actually the GM in Dallas and is a football guy, the same w/Davis though he's senile now. Blank is not a football guy.

Wyche missed our pick last year, so I'm not sure how much inside info he actually has.

On the other hand, I saw Terrance Moore (of all people) nail our 1st round pick on ESPN. The commnetators actually made fun of him, saying no way the Falcons would go with Anderson with Okoye left on the board. Moore stood his ground.

Brookhaven (4/2/2008)
Wyche missed our pick last year, so I'm not sure how much inside info he actually has.

On the other hand, I saw Terrance Moore (of all people) nail our 1st round pick on ESPN. The commnetators actually made fun of him, saying no way the Falcons would go with Anderson with Okoye left on the board. Moore stood his ground.

Exactly!

Wyche has never been the draft or player acquisition guy for the AJC, that's always been Orlando Ledbetter. Wyche has always been the beat guy, moreso responsible for measure the pulse of the team, player/front office interviews, etc. Obviously, there's overlap, but he's never been the insider when it came to the draft/free agency.

Brookhaven (4/2/2008)

Wyche repeatedly said Anderson was on our short list of players last year. He is as reliable as beat writers come, because he doesn't speculate. He sticks to reporting.

To a larger point, I hate the idea of our trading up for a QB who isn't Brohm. I do, however, like the way the team has clearly come up with a gameplan about how we are approaching this draft. We know where we expect guys to go, and we're making contingency plans for the possible permutations.

Dorsey and Henne would be anchor picks moving forward, particularly if we wind up with Conner or Mayo as well.

aveboogie2 (4/2/2008)
Brookhaven (4/2/2008)

Exactly!

Wyche has never been the draft or player acquisition guy for the AJC, that's always been Orlando Ledbetter. Wyche has always been the beat guy, moreso responsible for measure the pulse of the team, player/front office interviews, etc. Obviously, there's overlap, but he's never been the insider when it came to the draft/free agency.

Like jidady said, he's been pretty much(Wyche) on the $$$ when it comes to who the Falcons are going to draft.

ATL4ever (4/2/2008)
dozer (4/2/2008)

You never wait for a franchise QB to fall. If the Falcons feel he's their guy, they can move up to get him. QB is the one position where you can reach a little if you feel the guy you're drafting is a franchise guy. Case in point: The Eagles drafting Kolb in the 2nd last year.

And I hope your dream doesn't come true. Flacco is gonna be a monstrous bust. You guys are too much in love w/his arm and not looking at everything else.

We aren't looking at everything else like his leadership? mobility? work ethic? coachability? and incredible production?  If Flacco had played for Michigan, with the talent Henne was surrounded by, he would have destroyed what Henne did this year.  Put Henne on Delaware and I don't think the same could be said for him.  You should watch Flacco play, he looks great and it isn't a result of the competition. 

maxatlanta (4/2/2008)
ATL4ever (4/2/2008)
dozer (4/2/2008)

We aren't looking at everything else like his leadership? mobility? work ethic? coachability? and incredible production?  If Flacco had played for Michigan, with the talent Henne was surrounded by, he would have destroyed what Henne did this year.  Put Henne on Delaware and I don't think the same could be said for him.  You should watch Flacco play, he looks great and it isn't a result of the competition. 

Disagree.

Flacco is gonna be a bust.

1.He made barely 20 starts at Delaware. History and stats have shown that college QB's who have 30+ starts under their belts have a far greater chance of success at the next level.

2.He played in the gun. Beware of college QB's who spend their entire career in the gun. Flacco doesn't know how to read defenses all that well and he'd have to learn that as well as learning to drop back and read defenses pre-snap from under center.

Great news? Not really. Especially if we package picks to do it. The reason Henne didn't perform that well at Michigan? The offensive scheme didn't fit him. They were a run first, play action pass offense. Unfortunately, that's what we're installing here as well. Not to mention he played behind a better OL at Michigan than he will here too.

I actually like Henne, and for the right team, could see him going late in round 1, but I don't see him as a good fit for us.

iDash (4/2/2008)

Is Blank the GM?

That's what I thought.

He has no say into what's gonna happen.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Blank has no say. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Blank signs the GM's pay check, he has a say. And he's always had final yes/no say on every draft pick thus far.

Blank got us TJ Duckett, the year our GM signed Warrick Dunn.

Blank brought us Peerless Price.

Blank has made a lot of decisions on the personnel side & most likely against the wishes of the GM.

Brian (4/2/2008)

Jerry Jones and AL Davis are both Owner/GMs....Blank is not.